Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

38 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

The Wentz failure, combined with the past few drafts, would be enough to fire any other GM in the league.  That seems to point at Lurie being more involved than we want to think and sharing the blame.  He feels too guilty to can Howie for processes he was involved in.  We may have a Jerrah situation on our hands.

That’s my big fear. Howie sucks regardless, but if Lurie has chosen to become our modern day Jerry Jones, Howie then becomes a still existent but much lesser problem. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howie: There are a lot of unknowns in this draft. Players missing games/season, no combine and other disrupters. Let me outsmart the league by getting a (maybe) 1st in 2022 that will be more valuable that a 2021 1st. Plus if hurts sucks we have more draft capital to trade up and draft Spencer Rattler next year.

Howie outsmarts the league again!

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

That's because almost half of those were won with the same QB drafted in the 6th round.  :lol:

Exactly. Brady and the Patriots Fed up the curve so it’s impossible to really look at any kind of trends over that time period. 

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'd like Trask.  QB room of Hurts/Brissett/Trask is a mix of young talent and experience in Siri's system.

Our new QB coach was Trask's QB coach at Florida ... Johnson is credited for developing him.  I can surely see there being interest if we don't go QB earlier and Trask is still sitting there at either 69 or 84 (pick from Indy).  

18 hours ago, Curtm said:

Very happy they won a Super Bowl in my lifetime. For some reason since then I don't live and die with the team anymore. It's a good thing because they seemed to become a joke of a franchise since then. 

I feel the same way.       The latter Reid years sapped much of my passion, but it was mostly back by the time of the SB year, and like you I'm just happy to have gotten a chance to see them win it once.           My passion for the sport more than just the Eagles has pretty much gone with the way they have emasculated the game itself, and with all the SJW stuff.      

Lurie keeping Roseman only added to it because much like when he refused to fire Reid the sad reality is that as long as Roseman is making the football decisions this mediocrity (or worse) will be the rule.         Worst thing would be to settle into that 9-7, 8-8 type middle of the road area that keeps Roseman's job but provides no hope of being a real contender.          Good enough to be "competitive" and keep Lurie's cash register ringing, but not close to championship contention.

Just now, Kz! said:

I just can't believe all the reports that the guy is a total a-hole. I'll be pulling for him to do well in Indy.

Me too ... starting in 2022.  I want him to struggle in 2021 (but stay healthy and play the full season) so they miss the playoffs and we get a higher 1st rd pick in 2022.  :-)

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Our new QB coach was Trask's QB coach at Florida ... Johnson is credited for developing him.  I can surely see there being interest if we don't go QB earlier and Trask is still sitting there at either 69 or 84 (pick from Indy).  

Exactly.  QB room of Hurts/Brissett/Trask is intriguing to me.  I think Trask may be sitting there still at 84.  Mocks have him anywhere from late 2nd to mid 4th.

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Me too ... starting in 2022.  I want him to struggle in 2021 (but stay healthy and play the full season) so they miss the playoffs and we get a higher 1st rd pick in 2022.  :-)

Ah, good point. I'll be rooting for him in 2022.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Exactly.  QB room of Hurts/Brissett/Trask is intriguing to me.  I think Trask may be sitting there still at 84.  Mocks have him anywhere from late 2nd to mid 4th.

Sounds good to me too. Hurts to start, a vet like Brissett or Foles and a third round QB like Trask or Newman.. Yeah, that would be the best way moving forward imo.

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

Sounds good to me too. Hurts to start, a vet like Brissett or Foles and a third round QB like Trask or Newman.. Yeah, that would be the best way moving forward imo.

But but but we need our franchise QB !!

13 minutes ago, Infam said:

And if all that fails, grab Spencer Rattler next year. :roll:

Just now, Outlaw said:

I still am absolutely convinced Hurts is the guy. In my mind the only thing that can go wrong now is us drafting a QB at 6 or higher.

10 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

But but but we need our franchise QB !!

Get the roster filled out first then find the QB. 

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Trying to continue to lure Riley away from Oklahoma should Sirianni fail!  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Infam said:

I third that.  A QB room of Hurts coupled with a vet like Taylor (he'd be my top choice) or Brissett (Foles if released by Chicago) and someone like Trask in the 3rd would be solid for 2021 and give us the year to get a more complete evaluation of Hurts.  

45 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

i love that too, im tired of taking qbs in the first round, it's time to use higher picks on receivers, tight ends, and running backs and take a qb in the second or third round, that way he has weapons around him to succeed and not forcing the qb to make the weapons around him better. alot of failed teams always forced the qb to make the receivers better.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s my big fear. Howie sucks regardless, but if Lurie has chosen to become our modern day Jerry Jones, Howie then becomes a still existent but much lesser problem. 

I think the combo of a meddling Lurie and a flailing Howie spells disaster.   The past few offseasons show us what the two of them can do, when unchecked.

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Howie: There are a lot of unknowns in this draft. Players missing games/season, no combine and other disrupters. Let me outsmart the league by getting a (maybe) 1st in 2022 that will be more valuable that a 2021 1st. Plus if hurts sucks we have more draft capital to trade up and draft Spencer Rattler next year.

Howie outsmarts the league again!

It's almost guaranteed that we will have a pick early in the 1st and one near the bottom of the 1st.  We likely won't have to package anything to get a top QB next year after "Tank for Tua" the sequel.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I have no interest in Newman. He opted out at GA this year, ok I give him that, but did any of you see him play in the Senior Bowl?

He was horrible! I mean it was embarrassing! One has to wonder what he did all fall, did he practice with a trainer or sit and watch football? I would go with Trask way over Newman. Trask is a baller and plays with heart and grit!

51 minutes ago, Infam said:

I still am absolutely convinced Hurts is the guy. In my mind the only thing that can go wrong now is us drafting a QB at 6 or higher.

If they like someone in this draft, letting Doug and Carson go for a new QB to come in and start fresh with Siri, may be the way they go.  They did it with Doug and won the SB soon after. It depends on how they feel about Hurts, but a QB in the first should not be out of the question for Howie.   
 Did they bench Wentz just because they were awful, or they already knew he wasn’t coming back and they had to see Hurts play to see if he’s the future?  

22 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I wish you well on your new message board @NoDak Eagle. You always were a good dude here. 

Thank you. Appreciate it 

1 minute ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Thank you. Appreciate it 

Good luck to you and Carson, very sorry it didn't work out here.

1 minute ago, greend said:

Good luck to you and Carson, very sorry it didn't work out here.

I so wanted it to but such is professional sports. Thank you 

Archived