Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

In the trailer she says they never interfered...until now.  So they didn't interfere with Thanos killing half the population in every planet.  Other than that, I trust Marvel will weave it into the MCU, just like Doctor Strange, multi-verses, etc. are all coming.

I meant that in the comics Thanos and the Eternals are descended from the same race. 

I have no idea why or how they will connect to infinity war, endgame if at all.  IW happens in basically a day or two on earth, so it’s possible they didn’t have the knowledge of what Thanos was doing til it was too late. With how big the army was in endgame you could always retcon them into the army, but I think I’d be disappointed if that was the route they went. Honestly, I have no idea how they are going to make the transition, but it looks like most of the movie will predate endgame anyway so it may not be an issue until act 3 of the movie or later. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The only thing I know about the Eternals is that they are related to Thanos. Like both descend from Eternals/Celestials but live on different worlds. But I have no idea how they are going to connect to the MCU. And I know even less about the Eternals other than they are Aliens living on earth for a long long time. 

Oh I didn't know they are related to Thanos. I guess ultimately Thanos' plan was to help save life even though his approach to it was ruthless.

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I didn't know they are related to Thanos. I guess ultimately Thanos' plan was to help save life even though his approach to it was ruthless.

Yeah, he’s a mix breed of Eternals and Deviants (the primary enemy race of the Eternals). 

• Like 1

I still don't really get why they didn't get involved in Endgame. I mean I get it from a film point of view, we don't know who they are at that point but still doesn't really make a lot of sense. 

On 5/14/2021 at 2:30 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Yandu is a pretty clearly an antihero IMO. 

this

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I still don't really get why they didn't get involved in Endgame. I mean I get it from a film point of view, we don't know who they are at that point but still doesn't really make a lot of sense. 

Specifically Endgame makes sense because it happened fairly fast.  Thanos shows up unexpectedly and there's an immediate battle.  They already excused Captain Marvel by her saying there were other worlds out there to protect and they all don't have a team of Avengers.  If the Eternals didn't just create or influence Earth (or whatever they did) but other worlds, then they could easily explain they were taking action elsewhere.

The real question is what were they doing the entire time Thanos was wiping out half the population of different planets and collecting the infinity stones.  

It could also be a situation where they had a strict code or rule to not interfere, but AFTER what Thanos did they realized that the might need to change their ways.

Good writing - even just a couple simple lines of dialogue - handled the right way can avoid or address these kind of concerns.  Too many movies don't address things and leave plot holes open.  It's not that difficult, even if fans don't particularly like the explanation.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Specifically Endgame makes sense because it happened fairly fast.  Thanos shows up unexpectedly and there's an immediate battle.  They already excused Captain Marvel by her saying there were other worlds out there to protect and they all don't have a team of Avengers.  If the Eternals didn't just create or influence Earth (or whatever they did) but other worlds, then they could easily explain they were taking action elsewhere.

The real question is what were they doing the entire time Thanos was wiping out half the population of different planets and collecting the infinity stones.  

It could also be a situation where they had a strict code or rule to not interfere, but AFTER what Thanos did they realized that the might need to change their ways.

Good writing - even just a couple simple lines of dialogue - handled the right way can avoid or address these kind of concerns.  Too many movies don't address things and leave plot holes open.  It's not that difficult, even if fans don't particularly like the explanation.  

I think this is the best and easiest route for them to take. Thanos was trying to wipe out half of life in the entire universe as opposed to a planet or two. So they probably said "ok this is Fed but we shouldn't interfere on behalf of one planet" and then he wipes out half the universe and they say "looking back, maybe we should've seen the bigger picture there".

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

If the Eternals didn't just create or influence Earth (or whatever they did) but other worlds, then they could easily explain they were taking action elsewhere.

But they are meant to be on earth? That's what the trailer shows us. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But they are meant to be on earth? That's what the trailer shows us. 

Maybe other planets too. 

• Like 1

Just watched the first Episode of M.O.D.O.K and enjoy it so far, it's on Hulu. 

• Like 1

I guess Fat Thor is in shape again. 

Screenshot_20210601-192151_Instagram.jpg

On 5/27/2021 at 9:44 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Just watched the first Episode of M.O.D.O.K and enjoy it so far, it's on Hulu. 

I liked it as well. Great voice cast and smartly done with a really weird villain

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I guess Fat Thor is in shape again. 

Screenshot_20210601-192151_Instagram.jpg

Yeah I'm not sure how that's going to go down to be honest. Though I guess Thor has to deal with his demons and move on. 

20 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

Who says the Eternals, or some of them, didn’t get snapped?  

I thought this was after endgame?

1 hour ago, Weaponx01 said:

Who says the Eternals, or some of them, didn’t get snapped?  

Could be. They'll probably address it with about 30 seconds of screen time.

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought this was after endgame?

It is. But if me and my buddies were immortal, or whatever, and all of the sudden half of us were dust, not sure how I’d handle that. 😂 especially if it was a cousin that did it. 

9 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

It is. But if me and my buddies were immortal, or whatever, and all of the sudden half of us were dust, not sure how I’d handle that. 😂 especially if it was a cousin that did it. 

Agreed. Curious if they get snapped then why wouldn't they have stepped in. I don't know anything about them. Are eternals above the infinity stones where they wouldn't get snapped? If some did get snapped and the rest didn't do anything and then they reappeared...that would be awkward lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Agreed. Curious if they get snapped then why wouldn't they have stepped in. I don't know anything about them. Are eternals above the infinity stones where they wouldn't get snapped? If some did get snapped and the rest didn't do anything and then they reappeared...that would be awkward lol

Yeah I mean you've got to think they were unaffected by the snap? Still doesn't really explain why they didn't get involved in Endgame. But hey this is Feige and he's pretty good at this. 

Thanos snap was supposed to be random so what if he would have dusted as well at the of infinity war?

• Like 1