Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Thanos snap was supposed to be random so what if he would have dusted as well at the of infinity war?

You really think he's dusting at random and not protecting himself?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Thanos snap was supposed to be random so what if he would have dusted as well at the of infinity war?

2 hours ago, BFit said:

You really think he's dusting at random and not protecting himself?

This was actually talked about actually and I believe Brolan himself said there's a look of surprise on Thanos' face because there was a 50/50 chance he himself could have been dusted.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This was actually talked about actually and I believe Brolan himself said there's a look of surprise on Thanos' face because there was a 50/50 chance he himself could have been dusted.

When?

He portaled the F out of there before the dusting took hold.  Next time you see him he is enjoying a sunset.

32 minutes ago, paco said:

When?

He portaled the F out of there before the dusting took hold.  Next time you see him he is enjoying a sunset.

maybe he was surprised at how deep inside of him Thor had gotten

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

maybe he was surprised at how deep inside of him Thor had gotten

You sound jelly bro...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

When?

In the alternate dimension... And also I'm sure there's a brief look on his face. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

In the alternate dimension... And also I'm sure there's a brief look on his face. 

Happened before the dusting started. 

At no point while dusting was happening did we see Thanos

36 minutes ago, paco said:

Happened before the dusting started. 

At no point while dusting was happening did we see Thanos

Well Brolan talks about it. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well Brolan talks about it. 

Ok, I'll bite.  Link?  Because I have done a few searches and found zip.  I'm legit curious to see what he said for context

2 hours ago, paco said:

Ok, I'll bite.  Link?  Because I have done a few searches and found zip.  I'm legit curious to see what he said for contex

Holy crap, is Paco the Mike030270 for the MCU thread??

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Holy crap, is Paco the Mike030270 for the MCU thread??

I mean, he's not arguing that a bad movie is good, he just wants evidence that brolin said what he's claiming

Thanks

Q. What’s the possibility of Thanos killing himself when he snaps?

Russo: The possibility of him doing it?

Student: Yeah

Russo: As a part of his random execution? He could’ve- and you can ask if he allowed himself to be a part of that random process. He does have a very interesting look on his face. When we come back to him after the snap, before he disappears, a look of surprise.

Didnt really say that was why IMO.  It could have been disorientation after coming back from that soul stone realm. Heck, I would argue its more likely that it was surprise that he survived the actual use of all the stones, no one respected their power more than him.

7 minutes ago, paco said:

Thanks

Didnt really say that was why IMO.  It could have been disorientation after coming back from that soul stone realm. Heck, I would argue its more likely that it was surprise that he survived the actual use of all the stones, no one respected their power more than him.

But the directors themselves say yes he could have...

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But the directors themselves say yes he could have...

Could have

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes... could have which was the discussion. 

Great. Now that we are in agreement the directors never said definitely that was the case can we now agree that he had no way of knowing in that moment of disorientation (again, much more likely due to that soul stone realm) because the dusting had not yet begun?

3 minutes ago, paco said:

Great. Now that we are in agreement the directors never said definitely that was the case can we now agree that he had no way of knowing in that moment of disorientation (again, much more likely due to that soul stone realm) because the dusting had not yet begun?

Umm... that's your interpretation. My take from what they said is yes he could have dusted. It was a 50/50 chance. 

50 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm... that's your interpretation. My take from what they said is yes he could have dusted. It was a 50/50 chance. 

They also said you can ask if he allowed himself to be part of it, which they did not confirm

Sounds to me like they're pretty non committal on answering the question. They say it's possible that he could have left himself in the random draw, and that he had a surprised look on his face, but never that that was actually the case. 

That was an excellent first episode!

• Like 1

That was interesting and entertaining.  As with WandaVision it's something different.  Wonder if he meant 'you' literally or metaphorically?  The former would have to be some kind of wild twist.  I initially thought he meant the latter.

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

That was interesting and entertaining.  As with WandaVision it's something different.  Wonder if he meant 'you' literally or metaphorically?  The former would have to be some kind of wild twist.  I initially thought he meant the latter.

I think based on the end of the episode it was metaphorical as well

Yeah, I feel like it would be a little anticlimactic if it ends up being truly literal. But who knows, if they stick the landing I’ll be happy with it.