Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

8 hours ago, BFit said:

People in this thread when wandavision came out: these episodes are too short, they should make them 20 minutes longer and just do a shorter season!

People in this thread when falcon and winter soldier came out: these episodes are 20 minutes too long, make em shorter and do more episodes

People in this thread when loki comes out (probably): this show either needs to be 20 minutes longer or 20 minutes shorter!

:roll:

Pretty simple, if you're going to have long episodes you need to be able to keep people engaged. Wandavision had the writing and story that could handle it, falcon didn't. Loki I would imagine could have a story that can work, just depends on how well it's written.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

8 hours ago, BFit said:

People in this thread when wandavision came out: these episodes are too short, they should make them 20 minutes longer and just do a shorter season!

People in this thread when falcon and winter soldier came out: these episodes are 20 minutes too long, make em shorter and do more episodes

People in this thread when loki comes out (probably): this show either needs to be 20 minutes longer or 20 minutes shorter!

:roll:

Don't remember anyone saying a shorter season with longer episodes with Wandavision. That seems strange as hell

It was another 6 minute credit season too

I complained about the short episodes but definitely didn't want a shorter season

21 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Sharon as a villain is an absolute joke 

lousy curveball. 

overall though i still liked this series better than wandavision. 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

lousy curveball. 

overall though i still liked this series better than wandavision. 

No way - I found myself checking to see how much time was left in every episode :lol:  It had it's moments, but after the first 2 episodes, WandaVision was much better IMO

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

No way - I found myself checking to see how much time was left in every episode :lol:  It had it's moments, but after the first 2 episodes, WandaVision was much better IMO

it's all subjective. i didn't think either series was great, just thought F&WS was a tad better. 

im biased though as i never cared about vision or the scarlett witch in the comics and that hasn't changed in the MCU. 

• Like 1

So after bailing on Wanda Vision I went back and watched once all episodes were out. I stand by my opinion that they series just started too slow. I get that Marvel typically delivers, but the first 3 episodes could have been condensed to one longer episode and gotten the same setup.

It did turn out to be relatively enjoyable, but I really think they made a mistake with the slow start

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, homerpat said:

So after bailing on Wanda Vision I went back and watched once all episodes were out. I stand by my opinion that they series just started too slow. I get that Marvel typically delivers, but the first 3 episodes could have been condensed to one longer episode and gotten the same setup.

It did turn out to be relatively enjoyable, but I really think they made a mistake with the slow start

The first two episodes essentially were one, they both came out in the first week and the cracks were beginning to show in episode 2. Clearly got more noticeable in 3 then took off from 4 on.

Two weeks really isn't that long IMO, and all 3 of those episodes combined were just a bit longer than one Falcon episode so on a straight rewatch it shouldn't be long at all.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, Mike030270 said:

Don't remember anyone saying a shorter season with longer episodes with Wandavision. That seems strange as hell

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

Did anyone else hear the rumour about Captain America 4 is going to happen? I guess it's not a huge surprise given the Disney+ series but still that's exciting. And apparently Chris Evans won't rule himself out of the MCU.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did anyone else hear the rumour about Captain America 4 is going to happen? I guess it's not a huge surprise given the Disney+ series but still that's exciting. And apparently Chris Evans won't rule himself out of the MCU.

Evans has reportedly, but not official so still unconfirmed, signed on for two more movies. My guess not large roles and they’ll be in either flashbacks or cameo appearances. But I doubt he has any major role moving forward.  Kinda like the Ancient one in Endgame. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Evans has reportedly, but not official so still unconfirmed, signed on for two more movies. My guess not large roles and they’ll be in either flashbacks or cameo appearances. But I doubt he has any major role moving forward.  Kinda like the Ancient one in Endgame. 

I hope he makes a couple of appearances. I still feel like there is a really good movie there with Cap returning the stones and his encounters there. I think that raised a lot of questions!

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Doesn't say shorter season

Yeah not saying shorter season at all. They could have added episodes once it got rolling. I was stating that dragging out the twist for so long forced many to check out and IMO didn’t really add any value

Makes a good point:

They change the title at the end to Captain America and the Winter Soldier.  So Sam completes a transformation, but despite Bucky's story being about moving past the Winter Soldier that's still his name.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Makes a good point:

They change the title at the end to Captain America and the Winter Soldier.  So Sam completes a transformation, but despite Bucky's story being about moving past the Winter Soldier that's still his name.  

Captain America and Bucky Barnes? Doesn't quite have the same ring. Captain America and the White Wolf?

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol the show is kind of crap when it gets broken down like that in the video :lol:

He did rip it apart pretty good.  Watching that video was at least 50 sit ups worth of laughing.

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

Holy ish it's like I wrote that article. The only part I didn't agree with was the very end and how he didn't really like Sam taking up the mantle cause he is gadget focused. At the end of the day, who really cares as long as the job gets done. Everything else though, spot on.

Those Pitch Meetings always nail it don't they. There are always so many holes in pretty much everything. So true about the Flagsmashers and what their overall plan was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Those Pitch Meetings always nail it don't they. There are always so many holes in pretty much everything. So true about the Flagsmashers and what their overall plan was. 

what i like about pitch meeting is they/he isn't an ahole about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

what i like about pitch meeting is they/he isn't an ahole about it. 

Yeah agreed. Because ultimately there are issues etc with every film and TV show.

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah agreed. Because ultimately there are issues etc with every film and TV show.

not The Station Agent, you can't f with The Station Agent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So many problems with shows and movies would be solved with a little script improvement.