Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

My guess is this is to clear the way for when they have both Marvel and Star Wars shows at the same Time. If they tried to drop both on Fridays it would crash their servers. Heck they are all ready struggling with just one drop (at least during the first initial push). 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I know WandaVision had to take time to set things up and then it took off, but Loki has taken off straight away.  E1 was intriguing and E2 was even better.  I'm all in.

The Challenge has already proved that Wednesdays are the superior day 

I liked the 1st couple episodes of Lokivision a little better than the 1st couple episodes of Wandavision, and a lot better than the 1st couple episodes of Wokevision.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I liked the 1st couple episodes of Lokivision a little better than the 1st couple episodes of Wandavision, and a lot better than the 1st couple episodes of Wokevision.

this is completely shocking, meg. 

okay...i guess i'm that guy. watched ep 1 and half of ep2 and i think loki is pretty bad so far. the humor just isn't hitting for me. anyway, i'll stick with it...i've stuck with worse shows.    

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

okay...i guess i'm that guy. watched ep 1 and half of ep2 and i think loki is pretty bad so far. the humor just isn't hitting for me. anyway, i'll stick with it...i've stuck with worse shows.    

hey, dawkins4prez is back.

• Haha 1

:roll:  2nd half of ep2 got better..more action & less bad comedy.  

:whistle:

• Haha 1

I just watched the first 2 episodes today.  I don't think it's that good. I mean it's ok but not getting the hype.  🤷‍♂️

The female Loki was obvious the entire time, the fact that they showed "Loki the variant" hidden by a hood for so many scenes was painfully obvious it was not Loki and someone else with similar powers.  Her reveal was not cool or interesting and the actress they got to play her looks totally generic and forgettable, hopefully she eventually does a good job.  It kind of felt like a bad episode of Hercules or Xena.

I agree Hiddleston and Wilson scenes together are good.  I like that Loki has people that aren't always fooled by him like Thor.  Once he realized he had no powers there he started acting like a groveling idiot cartoon character and it was too much of a change.  I would have preferred he remain mischievous, cocky and scheming.  He seems to change personalities from scene to scene.  He also has seen so many things across space but he lost his mind seeing a city with flying cars as if he was some farm boy from Earth transported there.  I mean flying cars are just little space ships.  They had flying boats on Asgard and all.  

Loki kept flexing about his powers and when he finally was able to use them he...pulled an object off the shelf to hit the Variant and then struggle with it.  No other tricks or powers used.  Ok.

I also don't get the mix of technology.  TVA looks like it's offices are on the set of Mad Men while outside is futuristic.  They don't have any internet or computer files it's all paper but they have film reels that capture historical events and high tech weapons.  I guess they didn't hit record on the scenes they could pull up to help them investigate the Variant.  They have flying cars and holograms.  And they have cans of soda you have to crack open.  

TVA and Time Masters in their infinite wisdom and ability to see the future...can't set a simple trap for the Variant and throw her in a time door.  They keep walking right into a trap and getting their people killed.  It's seems the "3 lizards" will have some ulterior motives and we'll be rooting for Loki to defeat them...which will open it up for the Multiverse of Madness to happen.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I just watched the first 2 episodes today.  I don't think it's that good. I mean it's ok but not getting the hype.  🤷‍♂️

The female Loki was obvious the entire time, the fact that they showed "Loki the variant" hidden by a hood for so many scenes was painfully obvious it was not Loki and someone else with similar powers.  Her reveal was not cool or interesting and the actress they got to play her looks totally generic and forgettable, hopefully she eventually does a good job.  It kind of felt like a bad episode of Hercules or Xena.

I agree Hiddleston and Wilson scenes together are good.  I like that Loki has people that aren't always fooled by him like Thor.  Once he realized he had no powers there he started acting like a groveling idiot cartoon character and it was too much of a change.  I would have preferred he remain mischievous, cocky and scheming.  He seems to change personalities from scene to scene.  He also has seen so many things across space but he lost his mind seeing a city with flying cars as if he was some farm boy from Earth transported there.  I mean flying cars are just little space ships.  They had flying boats on Asgard and all.  

Loki kept flexing about his powers and when he finally was able to use them he...pulled an object off the shelf to hit the Variant and then struggle with it.  No other tricks or powers used.  Ok.

I also don't get the mix of technology.  TVA looks like it's offices are on the set of Mad Men while outside is futuristic.  They don't have any internet or computer files it's all paper but they have film reels that capture historical events and high tech weapons.  I guess they didn't hit record on the scenes they could pull up to help them investigate the Variant.  They have flying cars and holograms.  And they have cans of soda you have to crack open.  

TVA and Time Masters in their infinite wisdom and ability to see the future...can't set a simple trap for the Variant and throw her in a time door.  They keep walking right into a trap and getting their people killed.  It's seems the "3 lizards" will have some ulterior motives and we'll be rooting for Loki to defeat them...which will open it up for the Multiverse of Madness to happen.

Comments on your last 2 paragraphs.

The paperwork and retro stuff is probably a facade. 

I don't think the timekeepers exist at all. I think its a made up thing. I think the whole story is just that. A story.

I am probably wrong but these shows all seems to try and point you in one direction and go in another.

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Comments on your last 2 paragraphs.

The paperwork and retro stuff is probably a facade. 

I don't think the timekeepers exist at all. I think its a made up thing. I think the whole story is just that. A story.

I am probably wrong but these shows all seems to try and point you in one direction and go in another.

Yeah anytime there's a wizard of oz behind a curtain you don't get to see, they're up to some twist or something. 

Ep 3. Meh. I don't get the hype. It's ok but not great.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah anytime there's a wizard of oz behind a curtain you don't get to see, they're up to some twist or something. 

My current theory is the woman who was the judge is really running things. Probably as a henchman for someone else. I know Kang is supposed to be in Ant Man, and his character is based around time travel. Maybe someone like him invented the whole TVA as a way to steer time and  events the way he wants them to happen?

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

My current theory is the woman who was the judge is really running things. Probably as a henchman for someone else. I know Kang is supposed to be in Ant Man, and his character is based around time travel. Maybe someone like him invented the whole TVA as a way to steer time and  events the way he wants them to happen?

these series are supposed to tying into the upcoming movies so this would be a possibility. 

its a fun show. so far the 1st 3 episodes are light-years better than the same for wandavision, but i probably liked the 1st 3 of F&WS more. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

these series are supposed to tying into the upcoming movies so this would be a possibility. 

its a fun show. so far the 1st 3 episodes are light-years better than the same for wandavision, but i probably liked the 1st 3 of F&WS more. 

There is definitely a Wizard of Oz thing with the timekeepers. At least I think so.

At the time Wandavision was a little out there after 3 episodes. Looking back now it was perfect IMO. 

I have not watched the 3rd Loki yet, I'll watch it tonight. Seeing Hiddleston "regress" the character back to the Loki from his first couple MCU movies has been fun so far.

35 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

There is definitely a Wizard of Oz thing with the timekeepers. At least I think so.

At the time Wandavision was a little out there after 3 episodes. Looking back now it was perfect IMO. 

I have not watched the 3rd Loki yet, I'll watch it tonight. Seeing Hiddleston "regress" the character back to the Loki from his first couple MCU movies has been fun so far.

its all subjectable. i just didn't get with the early wandavision episodes. i will admit though, i dislike them less now than i did originally. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

its all subjectable. i just didn't get with the early wandavision episodes. i will admit though, i dislike them less now than i did originally. 

I feel they were needed to set up what was going on. If anything it was definitely some very original television.

• Like 2

I ended up watching F&WS in bulk because I lost interest one episode at a time. Same with Wandavision. Loki I’ve been watching every week, so far. Will see if that stays the same.

I like watching the Wilson and Hiddleston scenes, and it’s entertaining watching Hiddelston do his Loki thing, but the best is the people who point out that "this” Loki is literally like 2-3 days removed from massacring thousands of people in NY in his attempt to overthrow everything. 

We’re basically getting Ragnarok Loki years prior to him living experiences to transform him into Ragnarok Loki 

7 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Was that big monster at the end of the trailer the Abomination from the Hulk?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Was that big monster at the end of the trailer the Abomination from the Hulk?

From all appearances yes.