Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

16 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

I'm assuming its a suit similar to Black Panthers that redistributes energy

It's most likely a new look falcon suit/wings with Capt colors on it,bl but damnit I still want to see it! :lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

It’s a BLM hoodie, and Guy Fawkes mask.  Captain America 4: America Sucks.

2 hours ago, DoWorx said:

I'm assuming its a suit similar to Black Panthers that redistributes energy

That was my thought is that it'll be similar to the Black Panther's suit made out of/with vibranium.  The question is what will it look like?  Will it look more the Captain America suit or more like the Black Panther suit, or a hybrid of both?  Or it could be that with an addition of new wings as that might be the favour Bucky asked for.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:21 PM, NOTW said:

I said this previously as well.  In the shipping container scene he was running and ducking and seemed scared.  In Civil War he took on a whole SWAT team and blocked bullets with his arm and never got a scratch.  He fought the aliens in Infinity War.  

I think it's because he's no longer the winter soldier like he was. He's more human now and with that comes limitations. But then yeah that doesn't explain Infinity War. Mind you in Endgame I barely remember a Bucky fight scene in the final battle?

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it's because he's no longer the winter soldier like he was. He's more human now and with that comes limitations. But then yeah that doesn't explain Infinity War. Mind you in Endgame I barely remember a Bucky fight scene in the final battle?

If I remember he only flashed on the screen during the battle once or twice. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

The question is what will it look like? 

0BDFACD8-BA8A-4987-A1DF-C66120F26D77.jpeg

80C44363-9F80-4B57-954F-12965BC6B145.jpeg

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He wasn't The Winter Soldier in Infinity War anymore either, yet he took on the scary aliens with fangs.

He has the same powers, he just isn't brain washed.

They're having him hold back because he is in therapy and all, but against bad guys should be no issue. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boogyman said:

If I remember he only flashed on the screen during the battle once or twice. 

If that to be honest. I just recall the portals scene. 

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If that to be honest. I just recall the portals scene. 

Yeah I think they just showed him shooting his machine gun real quick

• Like 1

These episodes are too long, I'm routinely checking the time about halfway in expecting it to be over and there's still 25 minutes left. I feel like there's a lot of filler that we don't need to see in every episode

9 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah I think they just showed him shooting his machine gun real quick

Yeah I think you're right. He's a side character of course he is, like Falcon, but they've made a show about him so why not give him a little more. 

23 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

0BDFACD8-BA8A-4987-A1DF-C66120F26D77.jpeg

80C44363-9F80-4B57-954F-12965BC6B145.jpeg

one would figure it would look like this, but is there going to be a more subtle look to it ? bucky may have asked that the new wings/outfit be less about the stars & stripes considering the conversations had with isiah. 

36 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

one would figure it would look like this, but is there going to be a more subtle look to it ? bucky may have asked that the new wings/outfit be less about the stars & stripes considering the conversations had with isiah. 

Could be right.  These are from comic book.  MCU usually changes uniforms to work better on film.  Friday will tell.

14 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Could be right.  These are from comic book.  MCU usually changes uniforms to work better on film.  Friday will tell.

agreed. i have def enjoyed this show, a lot. cant wait till friday. 

Feeling like the Marvel locomotive is starting to leave the station again. Gonna be full speed before we know it. 

Fingers crossed it goes as well as the last 22 movies. 

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Does this character tie into other MCU characters in the comics?  

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I don’t know a lot about Shang-Chi other than his connection with various street level defenders, most notably Iron Fist. But that whole group, Iron Fist, Heroes for Hire, etc. he’s had a few runs with.  Also Moon Knight who we are getting later. He’s had other appearances with X-men and Secret avengers but I don’t really recall what his role was.  The biggest connection to the MCU itself is his connection to the ten rings, which is the terrorist group shown in Iron Man 1 (captured Tony) and Iron Man 3 (well fraudulently through the fake Mandarin).  This trailer suggests he’s the son of the Mandarin or one of the leaders under the Mandarin, but who knows.

This and Eternals I’m excited for because I know so little about the Characters. It’ll be a lot like the guardians where I knew next to nothing about it going in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Pretty sure they mentioned the 10 rings in n Dr. Strange

So I finally started up Falcon and the first episode was a bit much with the guy with the wingsuit skydiving going in and out of the helicopter

The banker had an interesting point. How do these guys live with no income? Did they all leach off of Tony?

Also finally understood the memes with Captain America and the discount Captain America lol I thought those were just some cosplayer and the internet joked with it

Onto episode 2

So I don't really get why Sam is the person in this show that cannot fathom how Isiah was treated so badly and Bucky understands it fully.

5 hours ago, DoWorx said:

Pretty sure they mentioned the 10 rings in n Dr. Strange

The 10 Rings is a reference to the Mandarin.  There's a Marvel short film about it.  We all know from watching Iron Man 3 that the Mandarin was just Trevor, but there is a true Mandarin that leads the 10 Rings organization from the short film.

15 hours ago, devpool said:

So I don't really get why Sam is the person in this show that cannot fathom how Isiah was treated so badly and Bucky understands it fully.

I guess since Sam is from a different generation and his experience in the military was different.  He also became a public figure on the Avengers after the existence of people with abilities was already known.  He was embraced.  Both Isaiah and Bucky were experimented on. Bucky knows exactly how and why it could happen to Isaiah because it happened to him.  

If you're talking about racial justice issues, I think that was poor writing. Anyone alive today knows how things were and that there are continued racial justice issues today.  It makes sense that both are from different generations and for Isaiah to feel the way he does, but it's dumb for Sam to play ignorant of racial issues even today.  He could have stuck with a "things are different now" response with regard to him taking the Cap mantle.

Isaiah tells him America will never accept a Black Captain America.  Never mind the fact that a black man Rhodes was the Iron Patriot paraded around by the military in the media, the symbol of freedom and protected the President of the United States in Iron Man 3.  That didn't count I guess.  

• Like 1