Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

It's funny I thought Black Widow was kinda weak, but still thought it was better than any DCEU movie outside MoS.

Don't be coming in here saying you don't like a movie! There is other threads to hate a movie!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

Thought black widow was decent, not marvels strongest but not it’s weakest. I’d put in the middle maybe more towards bottom half of their collection.

*SPOILERS*

another spoiler alert just in case. Sorry don’t know to spoiler tag on mobile. 

I think for an origin story they did a good job on Black Widow. Scarlett was great, supporting characters were good. Loved the Red guardian & his imagined rivalry with Cap.. The Dreykov villain wasn’t all that impressive, But I liked Taskmaster, quite a bit to be honest. There were a couple things where the logic in the movie was just off to me, though it’s probably my fault for looking for logic in a superhero movie. Natasha’s ability to heal quickly & have minimal injuries from all those insane car crashes/falling off a massive drop while hitting everything on way down…its mind boggling. I can ignore it if it’s Captain America or Captain Marvel, but Natasha is not a superhuman. She’s not invincible, so those scenes bugged me.

At first, I didn’t understand why Natasha didn’t escape on the plane with rest of the widows. Instead she gets captured by Ross, but somehow escapes in time for infinity war. We don’t see it and likely won’t know what happened. Then I read it was Natasha/Scarlett’s way of saying goodbye to MCU and passing the torch to Yelena. Now, I like the whole sentiment behind it.
My main gripe going into this movie was the date it was released. Events are set up right after Civil War, they should of just released this movie right after civil war. I still stand by that. Could of seen Yelena help fight Thanos with the avengers, have her snapped off, would of gave Natasha more of an emotional ending to infinity war, then Yelena returns post snap learning about Natasha’s sacrifice. Would of built up Yelena up with great character development for phase 4. But I don’t hate the direction they’re taking it after watching the post credit scene. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@Boogyman @NOTW what's with the confusy faces? Do you not know what I'm referring too? Lol

The idiot who couldn't handle people thinking Snyders Justice League was crap?

7 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

The idiot who couldn't handle people thinking Snyders Justice League was crap?

Yes!! Lol. Said we weren't allowed to talk in that thread unless we liked the movie lol. 

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes!! Lol. Said we weren't allowed to talk in that thread unless we liked the movie lol. 

Yeah I remember. No longer confused lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

@Boogyman @NOTW what's with the confusy faces? Do you not know what I'm referring too? Lol

Yes, he uses the confused reaction whenever you don't like a movie he likes.  Hence why I used it.  Come on man!  I'm 3 steps ahead of you keep up.  :P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

*SPOILERS*

Spoilers on mobile sucks, but you can actually type the format of the word spoiler in brackets, and end it with the / symbol.  So type the following just without the X which I'm using so this itself doesn't show in spoiler tags:

[spoilerX]

Your post...

[/spoilerX]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yes, he uses the confused reaction whenever you don't like a movie he likes.  Hence why I used it.  Come on man!  I'm 3 steps ahead of you keep up.  :P

Oh whatever!! Boogy was still confused! 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh whatever!! Boogy was still confused! 

As I often am

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Thought black widow was decent, not marvels strongest but not it’s weakest. I’d put in the middle maybe more towards bottom half of their collection.

*SPOILERS*

I think for an origin story they did a good job on Black Widow. Scarlett was great, supporting characters were good. Loved the Red guardian & his imagined rivalry with Cap.. The Dreykov villain wasn’t all that impressive, But I liked Taskmaster, quite a bit to be honest. There were a couple things where the logic in the movie was just off to me, though it’s probably my fault for looking for logic in a superhero movie. Natasha’s ability to heal quickly & have minimal injuries from all those insane car crashes/falling off a massive drop while hitting everything on way down…its mind boggling. I can ignore it if it’s Captain America or Captain Marvel, but Natasha is not a superhuman. She’s not invincible, so those scenes bugged me.

At first, I didn’t understand why Natasha didn’t escape on the plane with rest of the widows. Instead she gets captured by Ross, but somehow escapes in time for infinity war. We don’t see it and likely won’t know what happened. Then I read it was Natasha/Scarlett’s way of saying goodbye to MCU and passing the torch to Yelena. Now, I like the whole sentiment behind it.
My main gripe going into this movie was the date it was released. Events are set up right after Civil War, they should of just released this movie right after civil war. I still stand by that. Could of seen Yelena help fight Thanos with the avengers, have her snapped off, would of gave Natasha more of an emotional ending to infinity war, then Yelena returns post snap learning about Natasha’s sacrifice. Would of built up Yelena up with great character development for phase 4. But I don’t hate the direction they’re taking it after watching the post credit scene. 

we needed this move now and now 5 years ago because Florence Pugh wasn't a think in 2016/2017 and we would have gotten someone like Brie Larson instead. But now is 2021 and we can get FloPugh for hopefully many, many years to come. Long live the vest! 

Not really spoilery, but I'll put some distance just in case.....

The thing that keeps sticking out in my mind is that Natasha, the super spy that can pilot a quinjet, thinks that when a small generator quits running after a while it's best to try and pull start it a couple of times, check the spark plugs and then finally check the gas......🤣🤣🤣

I wonder how long the MCU will keep going. They have so many characters & storylines yet to be tapped into, so they are built to last for a long time. I wondered if there would be a superhero fatigue after the infinity war, but that hasn’t seemed to be the case at all. They did an excellent job the past 10 years with the infinity war saga, and have all that to build off of. It’ll be interesting to see how this next phase that’s just starting goes with a new big bad in Kang & several brand new heroes being introduced, how it’ll all be tied together. Add all the X-men/F4 characters, which they probably don’t want to rush introducing in MCU since both properties are still kind of fresh from their most recent movies. By the time it’s time to introduce them the Kang storyline should be finished up, with their next big bads Dr. Doom/Magneto waiting in the wings. Should transition pretty nicely. I could see MCU going for at least another 10 years. 

deadpool 3 needs to happen, needs to be a multiverse parody, and it needs to be just various former Ryan Reynolds roles teaming up with Deadpool to save the world. I would pay a stupid amount of money for it to happen. Who cares about copyright issues, Marvel has the money to make it happen. 

E4996B76-FC8A-41D8-BCA1-755A7B1B230B.jpeg

• Haha 2

Don Cheadle nominated for Emmy for guest role in a drama series...he had 95 seconds of screen time in The Falcon and Winter Soldier. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/don-cheadle-on-his-falcon-and-winter-soldier-emmy-nomination-i-dont-get-it-either?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

• Haha 1

So they finally revealed Kang. I wonder if she just sent Loki to Kangs TVA on purpose or just sent him to any random TVA

This will open up a lot of good storylines for Loki season 2 and even other movies/shows

Maybe this will be how they bring mutants in. They've done a great job at building up the stories and bringing them together

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Hoping Jonathan Majors becomes a household name. He is really good IMO.

I don't get it. I thought he was silly and a lame character. Loki told Mobius he is "terrifying." Huh? 

I just didn't get this show. The whole TVA thing, the dull gray visuals, Loki acting out of character, an alligator Loki? Stupid, boring, weak.

Picking up the tesseract in Endgame gave possibility for some fun adventure. He could have gone to new places like he did in Ragnarok. Could have been more fun. Could still lead into multi-verses and set up the Multiverse of Madness.

IMO the worst of the 3 shows.

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't get it. I thought he was silly and a lame character. Loki told Mobius he is "terrifying." Huh? 

I just didn't get this show. The whole TVA thing, the dull gray visuals, Loki acting out of character, an alligator Loki? Stupid, boring, weak.

Picking up the tesseract in Endgame gave possibility for some fun adventure. He could have gone to new places like he did in Ragnarok. Could have been more fun. Could still lead into multi-verses and set up the Multiverse of Madness.

Don’t think it was worst of 3 shows, but yeah that was not a terrifying villain at all. Though it was just a portrayal of a "nicer” Kang, so we’ll see what kind of actual villain we get 

Terrifying may not be the right word - or at least not in the sense that we think of terrifying.  Either way, I found his performance captivating.

I can't decide if I liked Loki or WandaVision more - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is a distant third for me.  

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

when did you become dawk4prez ? 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Terrifying may not be the right word - or at least not in the sense that we think of terrifying.  Either way, I found his performance captivating.

I can't decide if I liked Loki or WandaVision more - The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is a distant third for me.  

terrifying as in how powerful he is and how he has so easily controlled the entire universe and everything in it. every world, every event, every second of existence. then knowing that much more evil variants of him are on the way. 

yeah, i'd say he was terrifying. 

On 7/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, Mike030270 said:

yeah, i'm gonna disney + this one instead of going to the theater. $29.99 is less than what i'd pay for 3 of us to see it in the theater...plus the added benefit of watching it on my big screen. :thumbsup:   

Pretty sure that was Immortus that was "killed" and Loki was sent to Kangs universe