Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

9 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Liked Shang Chi a lot. Only thing that disappointed me was the fact that the soundtrack started Black Panther-esque, and then went instrumental, and then instrumental with maybe some Asian themes mixed in by the end. Kinda wish it had stuck out how it started, or leaned into the old school Asian stuff. That was all over the place. But the rest was great!

Good point, especially with the sister's end credit scene. It was funny seeing all the actors from Nora from Queens, Crazy Rich Asians, and  Kim's Convenience.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

10 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Liked Shang Chi a lot. Only thing that disappointed me was the fact that the soundtrack started Black Panther-esque, and then went instrumental, and then instrumental with maybe some Asian themes mixed in by the end. Kinda wish it had stuck out how it started, or leaned into the old school Asian stuff. That was all over the place. But the rest was great!

I thought that was intentional. Like the black panther like soundtrack was used at the beginning when he was on his own living in San Fran, then the music transitioned to classic instrumental as he went back to his roots. 

Anderson .Paak features on the soundtrack so that's a positive for me

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That trailer is scary good!!!

See how your question got addressed already?  How Doc Ock from another multiverse knew who Peter was?  Because the editing in the teaser trailer wasn't seamless.  This one shows Peter is in Spider-Man costume when Doc shows up and then he takes his mask off and he says "You're not Peter Parker."

• Like 1

I like how fans have mocked the previous versions of Spider-man for always having a woman fall from a tall structure and him having to dive to save her or make a choice...and this movie does that again.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

See how your question got addressed already?  How Doc Ock from another multiverse knew who Peter was?  Because the editing in the teaser trailer wasn't seamless.  This one shows Peter is in Spider-Man costume when Doc shows up and then he takes his mask off and he says "You're not Peter Parker."

Yeah fair point bud! I'm still really interested to see how this all plays out. Like are they the Elektro and Goblin from the movies we know? Or are they from another universe altogether. 

Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be in it right?  Man, she's awful.  I hope she's only a cameo and the Green Goblin throws a grenade near her and her face melts off.  "Go get em tiger."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be in it right?  Man, she's awful.  I hope she's only a cameo and the Green Goblin throws a grenade near her and her face melts off.  "Go get em tiger."

:lol: That was a bit aggressive

Watched Shang Chi last night - freakin' amazing.  

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

:lol: That was a bit aggressive

Watched Shang Chi last night - freakin' amazing.  

I can't stand her, I want to see the new MJ punch her in the face.

I've watched a lot of martial arts movies from the classics to Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, the Ip Man series, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero and other movies from the 2000s and movies like Kill Bill that reference them.  Last week I watched a Netflix documentary on the history of Kung Fu in movies and TV (Iron Fists and Kung Fu Kicks).

So watching Shang Chi I couldn't help but see how it was just recycling parts from all those movies.  The bamboo scaffolding from Rush Hour, the recent Disney movie Raya and the Last Dragon (voiced by Awkafina, who apparently has a very good agent), and so many others.

It was an entertaining movie, but I didn't think Simu Liu was great in it he was pretty good but we've come to expect the lead in an MCU movie to stand out more.  They tried too hard to make Awkwafina a hero with perfect arrow aim after training for 10 minutes and now she's being summoned by the Avengers?  

I also hated having the fake Mandarin, he was already annoying enough the first time around and having him as "comedy relief" didn't work and was dumb.

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've watched a lot of martial arts movies from the classics to Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, the Ip Man series, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero and other movies from the 200s and movies like Kill Bill that reference them.  Last week I watched a Netflix documentary on the history of Kung Fu in movies and TV (Iron Fists and Kung Fu Kicks).

So watching Shang Chi I couldn't help but see how it was just recycling parts from all those movies.  The bamboo scaffolding from Rush Hour, the recent Disney movie Raya and the Last Dragon (voiced by Awkafina, who apparently has a very good agent), and so many others.

It was an entertaining movie, but I didn't think Simu Liu was great in it he was pretty good but we've come to expect the lead in an MCU movie to stand out more.  They tried too hard to make Awkwafina a hero with perfect arrow aim after training for 10 minutes and now she's being summoned by the Avengers?  

I also hated having the fake Mandarin, he was already annoying enough the first time around and having him as "comedy relief" didn't work and was dumb.

So you're saying you loved it then?  :lol: 

24 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

So you're saying you loved it then?  :lol: 

It was entertaining. But over hyped, it wasn't great.

By contrast, people said Black Widow was terrible but I enjoyed it. It wasn't great either but not the trash some people said it was.

so are the imported bad guys actually supposed to be good guys in new Spiderman? Seemed like Peter was trying to save them

23 minutes ago, homerpat said:

so are the imported bad guys actually supposed to be good guys in new Spiderman? Seemed like Peter was trying to save them

I think he just doesn’t want anyone to die 

53 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Hit-Monkey on Hulu is super dumb but a lot of fun

I just came here to post about this.  Just watched the 1st episode.  The site I stream from has several good comments about this show so decided to check it out.  It's weird, funny, dark, and rather brutal.  Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Like 1

I watched Shang Chi yesterday. It was pretty good, a solid origin story but I didn't much like the final fight scene. Felt like so many final fight scenes we've seen before. I did like Wong in the film though and at the end with Bruce and Brie. Mind you why is Bruce back to being Bruce? I thought the whole thing in Endgame was brain and brawn together. 

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope he sticks around but I have this feeling he won't. 

He is a pretty talented kid. I wouldn't be shocked if he just wanted to do different stuff and not be locked down 

• Like 1