Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

He is a pretty talented kid. I wouldn't be shocked if he just wanted to do different stuff and not be locked down 

Also wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to stay and just do this the rest of his life

scrooge-mcduck-ducktales.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

On 11/21/2021 at 2:24 AM, DEagle7 said:

Also wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to stay and just do this the rest of his life

scrooge-mcduck-ducktales.gif

I think he should because I think he's going to be type cast at this point. 

On 11/20/2021 at 5:34 PM, Boogyman said:

He is a pretty talented kid. I wouldn't be shocked if he just wanted to do different stuff and not be locked down 

I think he might. There was a GQ article about him that came out recently, gave some insight to Holland’s life. He was saying he’s been dealing with or has dealt with sleep paralysis and is surrounded by paparazzi during this sleep paralysis. It sounds like the fame could be really getting to him. He also mentioned how he wants to be a stay at home dad. So I kinda got the impression he might walk away from Hollywood at a young age even if his career is booming. Who knows. He’s got a ton of money he could retire on at 25 years old, but he also is probably the biggest up and coming Hollywood star right now & is the face of a massive franchise. That’s leaving a ton of money on the table. I hope he sticks around, I’ve been on Reddit and lots of people are suggesting and love the idea of another Spider-Man trilogy with Holland in college basically. I would really enjoy that too. Biggest hump is his contract with Marvel. We’ll see once that gets sorted out.

I watched the first two episodes of Hawkeye. I would say it’s definitely not the strongest start for a show, I found it to be campy corny cringy a fair amount of times. It had its good moments though too. I’ll hold out on having an opinion on the show cause I’ve read some spoilers about the end of the season that I’m excited for. 

Tom Holland is the lead in the Uncharted movie adaptation of the video game. If it takes off, that will be another series with multiple movies.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Tom Holland is the lead in the Uncharted movie adaptation of the video game. If it takes off, that will be another series with multiple movies.

When does that come out?

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

I'd be excited for that, Indiana Jones is my all time favorite franchise. Those movies would be the same type 

On 11/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

Biggest hump is his contract with Marvel. We’ll see once that gets sorted out

Sony said they won't make anymore Spiderman movies without Holland so they think they will make the transition to Miles Morales with Holland saying he doesn't want to be an actor much longer. 

Watched the first episode of Hawkeye. I’m intrigued by the story, but man the fight choreography has got to get better. The fight scenes were so freaking slow and pretty bad by marvel standards. 

Holland was decent enough in that Netflix movie The Devil All the Time. I don’t see him getting typecast anytime soon.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:01 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Watched the first episode of Hawkeye. I’m intrigued by the story, but man the fight choreography has got to get better. The fight scenes were so freaking slow and pretty bad by marvel standards. 

Maybe the goal was tone it down and make it more "human", because it's Hawkeye and that is kinda where the movies were going with his character? I say this having not watched any of it yet. 

6 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Maybe the goal was tone it down and make it more "human", because it's Hawkeye and that is kinda where the movies were going with his character? I say this having not watched any of it yet. 

I wasn’t that it was more realistic or human. It felt like they were actively thinking about their next move. Like you were teaching someone how to do a dance routine or installing a new play into a football offense and you were running it at like half speed so you could figure out each step in sequence. Specifically the sequence with the bottles felt particularly slow and methodical.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye.  Not sure what to think of it so far.  Not much action except for the wine cellar fight and the fight on the street, which was quick and was more audio than visual.  Seems Barton is the straight man to others comedic relief, including his unwanted protege and the Track Suit Mob.  Hailee Steinfeld is a little hottie, though. 

16 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I wasn’t that it was more realistic or human. It felt like they were actively thinking about their next move. Like you were teaching someone how to do a dance routine or installing a new play into a football offense and you were running it at like half speed so you could figure out each step in sequence. Specifically the sequence with the bottles felt particularly slow and methodical.

Got it. I'm waiting for my kid to come home from Disney so we can watch it together tomorrow night

20 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye.  Not sure what to think of it so far.  Not much action except for the wine cellar fight and the fight on the street, which was quick and was more audio than visual.  Seems Barton is the straight man to others comedic relief, including his unwanted protege and the Track Suit Mob.  Hailee Steinfeld is a little hottie, though. 

TV shows aren't going to be loaded with action every episode. 

Finally watched Shang Chi.  I thought it was good. Not amazing, but still above average for sure. If they can integrate the character into the universe well I think he could be a great addition.

Unpopular opinion: while I don't like how they handled "The Mandarin" in Iron Man 3, I actually don't hate Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery as a character.  In the weird quirky comic drugged out relief role he kinda works. 

5 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Finally watched Shang Chi.  I thought it was good. Not amazing, but still above average for sure. If they can integrate the character into the universe well I think he could be a great addition.

Yeah I wasn't sure about Shang Chi before watching it as I'm not a big martial arts film guy but I enjoyed it. A solid enough origin story for sure. 

14 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Unpopular opinion: while I don't like how they handled "The Mandarin" in Iron Man 3, I actually don't hate Ben Kingsley's Trevor Slattery as a character.  In the weird quirky comic drugged out relief role he kinda works. 

I have always found the Trevor character annoying, apart from the way they fumbled the Mandarin character.  I wish he weren't in Shang Chi at all, but even to use him just have him a throwaway cameo to kind of acknowledge it was a mistake.  But to have him just happen to be in the same prison, just happen to be the only one who could lead them to the place to get the thing, because he just happens to be the only one who understands this creature...making him integral to the plot was dumb.  

It just highlights the impatience of certain people, and hard headed unwillingness to admit that they where wrong.  If they'd have just had faith, and held their tongue for a mere 8 years, all would have been explained, and they wouldn't now look so silly for having doubted Marvel.

i enjoyed shang-chi...solid movie.  and the first 2 eps of hawkeye were meh...not terrible but very predictable, imo. they're just setting up the next phase of the wokevengers, i suppose. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i enjoyed shang-chi...solid movie.  and the first 2 eps of hawkeye were meh...not terrible but very predictable, imo. they're just setting up the next phase of the wokevengers, i suppose. 

Yeah I mean I quite like the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye. It is easy watching to be honest. It is setting characters up (and Kate Bishop is stunning) and it is just a pretty easy watching show. You don't need to concentrate too much. 

Bought tickets for Spider-Man No Way Home opening day to see it before the entire internet posts spoilers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Bought tickets for Spider-Man No Way Home opening day to see it before the entire internet posts spoilers.

I'm waiting for my brother to come back to the UK for the holidays and we are going to go watch it together. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm waiting for my brother to come back to the UK for the holidays and we are going to go watch it together. 

Don't wait, it opens early in the UK go see it then see it again with him.  :P

• Like 1