Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Yea the last episode of What If… was terrific. And I YT’d the end credit scene for venom since I have no plans to watch anytime soon. I’m excited for the future of marvel. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

16 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Ultron episode of What it was definitely my favorite so far, haven’t been all that crazy about the show but this one was really good. Think it was last episode of the season yeah? 

Can’t wait to watch Venom 2 

There's one more episode left I believe

Finale was excellent. I thought the show was just going to be random short stories, similar to Black Mirror format. Having everything connected at the end made for a fun storyline & ending. Only bummer for me was we didn’t get Spidey from zombie episode

I also enjoyed the last episode a lot. Preferred penultimate episode, but the finale was really good. Looking forward to more in the future. 

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyone seen the post credit scene from Venom? Doesn't make a lot of sense but is interesting nonetheless. 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, Agent23 said:

MAJOR venom mid-credits scene 

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Anyone seen the post credit scene from Venom? Doesn't make a lot of sense but is interesting nonetheless. 

I'm currently thinking the moment in the the mid credit scene that Venom went into the MCU universe was the same moment Dr Stranges spell got screwed up in the trailer for No Way Home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

I'm currently thinking the moment in the the mid credit scene that Venom went into the MCU universe was the same moment Dr Stranges spell got screwed up in the trailer for No Way Home.

Well I don't know... Venom seems to suggest it's something he can do as a symbiote.

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well I don't know... Venom seems to suggest it's something he can do as a symbiote.

I thought that at first. Now I am just thinking Venom was explaining the symbiotes hive mind to Brock and it was more or less a coincidence that it was that moment that he got pulled into Spideys universe. Who knows but that seems to make the most sense to me so far.

6 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I thought that at first. Now I am just thinking Venom was explaining the symbiotes hive mind to Brock and it was more or less a coincidence that it was that moment that he got pulled into Spideys universe. Who knows but that seems to make the most sense to me so far.

I don't quite get why Venom reacts to Spidey though. 

50 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Me either. Were any other enhanced beings ever referred to in either of the 2 Venom movies?

• Like 1

Just now, Boogyman said:

Me either. 

I get there is a bit of fan service there but there's no relationship there between them. 

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I get there is a bit of fan service there but there's no relationship there between them. 

Just realized my last post had some typos and made no sense. What I meant was maybe Venom was just fascinated seeing a powered human that didn't have a symbiote? I can't remember if they refer to any other beings with powers in any of the two Venom movies.

Carnage movie was awful. Sony single handily destroyed one of the greatest villains ever.

Spoiler

Now Carnage and Kassidy are dead just like that.

Just now, SPIDER-MAN said:

Carnage movie was awful. Sony single handily destroyed one of the greatest villains ever.

Hide contents

Now Carnage and Kassidy are dead just like that.

Yeah that movie was really lacking. Missed the mark in multiple ways. 

Watched Black Widow today. Thought he was OK but wasn't great really. A little disappointing for a characters who been a part of the MCU for so long. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The same reason you didn't get why Doc Ock from another multiverse would know Holland's Peter: because they are appealing to fans, not logic.

And you're right, that scene Venom said they've been doing that for a long time.

On 10/10/2021 at 3:48 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

On 10/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yea venom was getting ready to show Brock a sample of his knowledge when the shift happens. They both say that it wasn't them doing it. Also, venom explains how give mind has shared experiences across worlds and universes. So since there was a venom in Tobey's spider verse, This venom has some kind of recognition of spiderman. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Watched Black Widow today. Thought he was OK but wasn't great really. A little disappointing for a characters who been a part of the MCU for so long. 

Watched it tonight. I heard bad reviews so had low expectations. But it was decent. Entertaining. 

Definitely should've come out after Civil War, and Yelena was interesting. I guess they'll do more with her going forward. I like her, she had potential  kind of a pass the baton thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Watched it tonight. I heard bad reviews so had low expectations. But it was decent. Entertaining. 

Definitely should've come out after Civil War, and Yelena was interesting. I guess they'll do more with her going forward. I like her, she had potential  kind of a pass the baton thing.

It would of fit in so well after civil war, and could of added a nice bit of emotion in Infinity War/Endgame. Have Yelena "die” in the blip, return in endgame scene, to find out Natasha sacrificed herself. Could of been amazing storytelling. I get they’re going with the route of blaming Hawkeye. It works, but I don’t prefer it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It would of fit in so well after civil war, and could of added a nice bit of emotion in Infinity War/Endgame. Have Yelena "die” in the blip, return in endgame scene, to find out Natasha sacrificed herself. Could of been amazing storytelling. I get they’re going with the route of blaming Hawkeye. It works, but I don’t prefer it. 

Wonder if she'll be in the Hawkeye tv show.

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Wonder if she'll be in the Hawkeye tv show.

I think that’s what post credit scene was all about, setting up for the show. Unsure details of how she’ll be involved and for how long, definitely hostile at first. You can tell they’re using her though to set up a team up along with US agent. Wouldn’t be surprised if Hawkeye show sets up another person for that too

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I hadn't really heard many reviews but as a sort of prequel I didn't have particularly high expectations. It was OK, it was solid. Seemed a little strange at times and I'm not sure they really delved too much in to her past but there you go. 

Yeah I think they are planning something with Madam Hydra aren't they?

39 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hadn't really heard many reviews but as a sort of prequel I didn't have particularly high expectations. It was OK, it was solid. Seemed a little strange at times and I'm not sure they really delved too much in to her past but there you go. 

Yeah I think they are planning something with Madam Hydra aren't they?

What bothered me the most from that movie was how Natasha took some nasty hits & seemed to sustain no injuries. Fell off a tall building hitting everything on the way down, gets up no problem. Twice she’s in a Car that gets rammed into, flips several times, yeah somehow no injury. I know she’s a super spy and super tough but she isn’t enhanced or a super human. Cap taking those hits is different, Thor taking those hits is different. 

• Like 1