Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Eternals was fantastic. Top tier marvel movie

Interesting... my brother was mixed on it. I probably won't watch until it is on Disney+.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Interesting... my brother was mixed on it. I probably won't watch until it is on Disney+.

It’s not a normal Marvel movie, so I can see if people won’t like it. But it was a different take and fresh, something I admired. I definitely think it was worth a theater watch. It’s jam packed with a lot going on but everything balances out really well. characters are great & fleshed out nicely, action scenes were fantastic, the story and twists were entertaining. It set up future stories in MCU nicely and post credits were awesome as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It’s not a normal Marvel movie, so I can see if people won’t like it. But it was a different take and fresh, something I admired. I definitely think it was worth a theater watch. It’s jam packed with a lot going on but everything balances out really well. characters are great & fleshed out nicely, action scenes were fantastic, the story and twists were entertaining. It set up future stories in MCU nicely and post credits were awesome as well

I'll definitely watch but theatre trips are a rare treat these days with kids. Not sure I would use a grandparents favour on a theatre night.

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Eternals was fantastic. Top tier marvel movie

Interesting.  The site I stream movies/TV in the comment section for the film so far it's either being ripped for being boring or has a lukewarm reaction to it, but nothing absolutely positive about it yet.  With a cast that 'on paper' is supposed to be really good maybe some people just had really high expectations.  One person commented Jolie seemed like she was trying to carry the film (and did a good job of it) and Hayek seemed sort of disinterested.  I don't take comments like that at face value, but did find it odd that so far the response is mostly negative.  I'm invested in the MCU so I'll watch it when I get the chance and make my own judgements and decision.  There's films that I thought were good that the majority didn't think highly of and some others raved about that I thought were just OK. 

36 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Interesting.  The site I stream movies/TV in the comment section for the film so far it's either being ripped for being boring or has a lukewarm reaction to it, but nothing absolutely positive about it yet.  With a cast that 'on paper' is supposed to be really good maybe some people just had really high expectations.  One person commented Jolie seemed like she was trying to carry the film (and did a good job of it) and Hayek seemed sort of disinterested.  I don't take comments like that at face value, but did find it odd that so far the response is mostly negative.  I'm invested in the MCU so I'll watch it when I get the chance and make my own judgements and decision.  There's films that I thought were good that the majority didn't think highly of and some others raved about that I thought were just OK. 

I watched YouTube video breaking down the Eternals movie once I got home from the theater, I saw a lot of positive comments there.  I saw all the negative views surrounding it also before I watched the movie, after watching the movie I don’t understand why people don’t like it other than maybe it’s just not a typical marvel film. I don’t want to talk too much about that or go into detail since movie just released. I’d recommend just going into it with an open mind, I also kept my expectations tempered a bit. (Saving the high expectations for NWH) 

I will say that Hayek character Was probably the character I was least Interested in, rest of Eternals were awesome though

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Definitely your kind of movie then Elton John! 

tumblr_mk2ybb6MlU1s99m4bo1_400.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, Agent23 said:

This guy watched a different movie then me. 

Extraordinarily average

5 hours ago, Mat said:

Extraordinarily below average

Fyp

Saw Eternals last night. Dissapointed. Like a lot of movies lately, it wasn't horrible but there was nothing special about it. The first act seemed very disjointed. The final battle/resolution was underwhelming.  

I do think this movie handled super speed better than any other movie before it. 

i doubt i'll ever make any effort to go see a movie in theater again. so like all other movies i'll watch this on an IPstreamer. 

Disney plus day dropped some Marvel news for upcoming series. We already know about Moon Knight, She Hulk, Secret Invasion, armor wars, iron heart, Loki S2, What if S2, Ms Marvel, Groot….but there’s some new shows coming out, couple of them are spin-offs from other Marvel shows. There was some teaser clips for Moon knight, she hulk, and ms marvel also I’ll try and find to post. 

but here’s the new shows coming out:

Moon knight teaser:

On 11/12/2021 at 2:31 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is it? Excellent I'll watch that this week then. 

Shang Chi was really good. Did a great job of making it feel like an MCU movie but also a martial arts flick. 

Eternals was subpar imo. I was pretty disappointed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Shang Chi was really good. Did a great job of making it feel like an MCU movie but also a martial arts flick. 

Is it set after Endgame?

Liked Shang Chi a lot. Only thing that disappointed me was the fact that the soundtrack started Black Panther-esque, and then went instrumental, and then instrumental with maybe some Asian themes mixed in by the end. Kinda wish it had stuck out how it started, or leaned into the old school Asian stuff. That was all over the place. But the rest was great!

• Like 1