Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

1 minute ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:
  Hide contents

Between the laugh, the size, the suit, and the characters referring to him in the third-person and not his real name. Plus a few other clues... it's strongly hinted that it is Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin. 

hmmmm, i have been wondering who he is, but admittedly this didnt come to mind. def have to watch ep 3 again. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

9 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Its showing how the "weakest" Avenger compares to other normal humans I guess. He's kinda washed up, suffering from the wear and tear of all those battles, and can still completely own "normal thugs" with little effort.

I see it more as a passing of the torch.  This is about Kate taking over and Hawkeye is "getting too old for this ish."  Help Kate on this mission and get home to his family.

They also obviously released it at Christmas time and marketed it as a more lighthearted with comedy aspects.  Each of these shows have had a different vibe.  I think this showcases Clint in some ways where you get to see him sort of the big fish in a small pond as opposed to going against Thanos with all the Avengers.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I see it more as a passing of the torch.  This is about Kate taking over and Hawkeye is "getting too old for this ish."  Help Kate on this mission and get home to his family.

They also obviously released it at Christmas time and marketed it as a more lighthearted with comedy aspects.  Each of these shows have had a different vibe.  I think this showcases Clint in some ways where you get to see him sort of the big fish in a small pond as opposed to going against Thanos with all the Avengers.

Oh it's that also. I was just commenting on the combat involving Hawkeye. 

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Oh it's that also. I was just commenting on the combat involving Hawkeye. 

this show is basically marvel's version of green arrow. 

i dig it, especially now that we see it tying into the movies ever further. 

On 12/4/2021 at 2:15 PM, NOTW said:

Hawkeye so far is fun, light entertainment. It's not as corny as the trailer made it seem. 

It's kind of the MCU version of a Hallmark Christmas movie. But in a good way. 

I'm only two episodes in so far but agree with this.  I'm really enjoying it.  

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

this show is basically marvel's version of green arrow. 

i dig it, especially now that we see it tying into the movies ever further. 

Yup. We have had a lot of Marvel story's involving world ending and cosmic threats. The street level stuff is just as interesting to a lot of people IMO. I hope and think when they introduce Daredevil they keep him "grounded" and do a movie or show along the same lines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yup. We have had a lot of Marvel story's involving world ending and cosmic threats. The street level stuff is just as interesting to a lot of people IMO. I hope and think when they introduce Daredevil they keep him "grounded" and do a movie or show along the same lines.

the netflix marvel shows pretty much did that very well. minus iron fist anyway. i read that they are going to keep charlie cox cast as daredevil in the MCU. i think thats a good choice if true. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

the netflix marvel shows pretty much did that very well. minus iron fist anyway. i read that they are going to keep charlie cox cast as daredevil in the MCU. i think thats a good choice if true. 

Yeah. Seeing more of those types of stories on the big screen would be cool. Iron Fist could have been a lot better, but the actor (Finn something? I dunno) was pretty bad. And the fight choreography was really weak compared to Daredevil. I read somewhere that the Finn guy didn't put the prep in for it the way a lot of guys do when making these types of action shows/movies and it showed.

Bring both Cox and D'onofrio to the MCU is a no brainer. They nailed their characters. 

26 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah. Seeing more of those types of stories on the big screen would be cool. Iron Fist could have been a lot better, but the actor (Finn something? I dunno) was pretty bad. And the fight choreography was really weak compared to Daredevil. I read somewhere that the Finn guy didn't put the prep in for it the way a lot of guys do when making these types of action shows/movies and it showed.

Bring both Cox and D'onofrio to the MCU is a no brainer. They nailed their characters. 

yeah, d'onofrio was insanely great as kingpin.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Between the laugh, the size, the suit, and the characters referring to him in the third-person and not his real name. Plus a few other clues... it's strongly hinted that it is Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin. 

Yep my thoughts exactly!

Haven’t seen much mentioned here, but Hit Monkey is so much better than I had expected. Loved it. Anyone watch MODOK. Is it worth it?

On 12/11/2021 at 10:27 PM, homerpat said:

Haven’t seen much mentioned here, but Hit Monkey is so much better than I had expected. Loved it. Anyone watch MODOK. Is it worth it?

Hit monkey was so great 

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Promotional poster for Thor: Love and Thunder.

Been debunked as a fake poster 

https://screenrant.com/thor-love-thunder-leaked-poster-debunked-taika-waititi/amp/

My favorite theory for the owner of the Rolex is it’s Daredevil. Been reading some rumors it belongs to Hank Pym. I think both of those makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

My favorite theory for the owner of the Rolex is it’s Daredevil. Been reading some rumors it belongs to Hank Pym. I think both of those makes sense. 

As this is an MCU production, it’s probably Stark’s. Let’s be honest, it’s always Stark.

4 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Hit monkey was so great 

Been debunked as a fake poster 

https://screenrant.com/thor-love-thunder-leaked-poster-debunked-taika-waititi/amp/

Oh, dang sorry.  It was an article that Facebook shared in their news section.  I guess someone needs to fact check the Facebook fact checkers.  :lol:

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

As this is an MCU production, it’s probably Stark’s. Let’s be honest, it’s always Stark.

But the watch was supposed to "compromise" somebody. Everyone already knows Stark was Ironman. 

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

But the watch was supposed to "compromise" somebody. Everyone already knows Stark was Ironman. 

Could grant access to some database at Stark industries, avengers compound. Similar to the glasses in Spiderman Far from home.  But in reality, I was just Joking. 

6 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Could grant access to some database at Stark industries, avengers compound. Similar to the glasses in Spiderman Far from home.  But in reality, I was just Joking. 

Ahhh got it. From the conversations in the show I thought it gave away someone's identity. Only 2 shows left, right?

53 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Ahhh got it. From the conversations in the show I thought it gave away someone's identity. Only 2 shows left, right?

Correct! I honestly don’t know where this season is going. It hasn’t been my favorite of the MCU but I’m intrigued to find out more. 

• Like 1