Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

3 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Hawkeye is just… it’s just fun. 

I'd agree with you there. Hawkeye is a support character in the Avengers so it is nice to see him have a series.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I always liked the Hawkeye character, but he's so old/retired in this show after all he did vs Thanos and as cleaning up the streets as Ronin that at times it's like "WTF?".  He's still good enough to kick some 'regular' ass after what he's been through, so hope to see him as a more effective teacher to his protege and clean up the mess she made.

3rd episode of Hawkeye was pretty good. I like the Echo character & how she was introduced/her backstory. I enjoyed Bishop way more in this episode.

Bought my NWH ticket the other day, catching it 3pm on the 16th 😃

Hawkeye so far is fun, light entertainment. It's not as corny as the trailer made it seem. 

It's kind of the MCU version of a Hallmark Christmas movie. But in a good way. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:34 AM, Green_Guinness said:

I always liked the Hawkeye character, but he's so old/retired in this show after all he did vs Thanos and as cleaning up the streets as Ronin that at times it's like "WTF?".  He's still good enough to kick some 'regular' ass after what he's been through, so hope to see him as a more effective teacher to his protege and clean up the mess she made.

Hawkeye is lame as sheet.... That's all I got carry on lol. 

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Hawkeye so far is fun, light entertainment. It's not as corny as the trailer made it seem. 

It's kind of the MCU version of a Hallmark Christmas movie. But in a good way. 

First two episodes were corny

9 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

First two episodes were corny

I mean it's Marvel. The track suit guys are dumb cliches. But idk the rest is just light fluff but enjoyable. 

Feige confirms Charlie Cox will return as Daredevil. Will not say which project he will return but this is welcomed news!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Feige confirms Charlie Cox will return as Daredevil. Will not say which project he will return but this is welcomed news!

That's great news. Really glad the MCU haven't thrown out some of the good done by Netflix.

I don't see whey they couldn't just take the actors from the Netflix shows and put them in Disney+ shows unless there was some contractual thing.  

They had to wait a certain time period to let the rights revert back to marvel. Other than that, they are clear to use the characters and the actors who played them as they see fit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Good 4th episode of Hawkeye. I expect the next 2 episodes to be pretty crazy 

Just finished watching it.  How about that cameo?  The show has shaped up nicely and I'm enjoying it.  Agree, with only 2 episodes left then they have to be balls to the wall to tie everything up in one neat final package.

• Like 1

Hawkeye is pretty good. People complain about the slow episodes in these limited series all the time. If you think of it more like a really long movie, those episodes make more sense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Hawkeye is pretty good. People complain about the slow episodes in these limited series all the time. If you think of it more like a really long movie, those episodes make more sense.

Agreed. And also... They need these slow paced things if they want to build this universe of both films and TV shows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Every TV show has to take time to develop character, and they don't have budget for big action scenes all the time.  It's unique to have the same actors and stories from the big budget blockbuster movies into a TV series so people are spoiled thinking it's the MCU and it needs to be jam packed.  If you set the expectations to a TV show with some action, some comedy, some character stuff and just enjoy the ride it's about what you expect from a TV show.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Every TV show has to take time to develop character, and they don't have budget for big action scenes all the time.  It's unique to have the same actors and stories from the big budget blockbuster movies into a TV series so people are spoiled thinking it's the MCU and it needs to be jam packed.  If you set the expectations to a TV show with some action, some comedy, some character stuff and just enjoy the ride it's about what you expect from a TV show.

And that's the key I think... They are now building characters. We are now being introduced to Kate Bishop so if she's in a future movie or avengers film we know who she is. TV shows are absolutely the place to develop characters. 

I’ve enjoyed parts of Hawkeye a lot. I love echo’s story, I have enjoyed exploring Clint’s story. The action has gotten better. But the tone is just weird. It’s like Avengers meets home alone and it’s just not fully meshing for me.  That said, if uncle is who I think it is I am going to lose my mind.

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’ve enjoyed parts of Hawkeye a lot. I love echo’s story, I have enjoyed exploring Clint’s story. The action has gotten better. But the tone is just weird. It’s like Avengers meets home alone and it’s just not fully meshing for me.  That said, if uncle is who I think it is I am going to lose my mind.

I think this is going to be a theme going forward with some of these Marvel series, touching on genres not usually associated with super hero TV shows or movies. For instance, She Hulk is supposed to be a law based comedy from what I have read.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:34 AM, Green_Guinness said:

Its showing how the "weakest" Avenger compares to other normal humans I guess. He's kinda washed up, suffering from the wear and tear of all those battles, and can still completely own "normal thugs" with little effort.

4 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

That said, if uncle is who I think it is I am going to lose my mind.

My thoughts exactly. I'm hopeless with things like this but my brother told me to pay attention to episode 3 and to the stuff with echo. At first I didn't really notice but then it hit me. It's definitely who you think it is. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My thoughts exactly. I'm hopeless with things like this but my brother told me to pay attention to episode 3 and to the stuff with echo. At first I didn't really notice but then it hit me. It's definitely who you think it is. 

The Laugh sounds eerily familiar.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

care to share your thought ? 

also, i'm wondering if the dog is cosmo ? 

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

care to share your thought ? 

also, i'm wondering if the dog is cosmo ? 

Spoiler

Between the laugh, the size, the suit, and the characters referring to him in the third-person and not his real name. Plus a few other clues... it's strongly hinted that it is Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin. 

• Like 1