Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I didn't dislike it, just thought it was ok

Hide contents

I didn't like the plot that much, and what they did with the "Villains". Doc Oc ended SM2 being good and sacrificing himself, but now he's back and is bad. But 10 mins later he's good again, but then he's bad for the final fight, before he turns good again. Kinda the same for everyone else. The only one that truly felt like a Villain was Green Goblin but even with him they did the fake swerve of "now he's good but only until he's bad again."  

For doing a semi-Sinister Six story, I was hoping the Villains would be more villainy. I could have done without any of the "let's reform them" angle. I think the fight scenes were pretty weak too. You have 3 Spider-Mans and 5 villains so I was expecting some epic fight scene, but they kinda just chase each other around the Statue of Liberty. 

I did like the ending. I thought it was dumb that they revealed his identity and he just kept going to school and living a normal life. So I like that they reset all that for future films. 

I realize I'm in the minority. I like Super Hero movies being dumb stand alone action movies, or having some small crossover like The Dark Knight trilogy had. 

Spoiler reply:

Spoiler

I agree, I thought the villains were going to just go ape crap and terrorize the city and Spidey would have to stop them.  He actually catches them all VERY easily.  Then stupidly decides to let them free about 10 seconds after they promise they won't attack.  I didn't like him "fighting" Dr. Strange over it.  I didn't like the angle of having to save the villains.  

The only disagreement is with Doc Ock switching back and forth.  The way I took it, he was pretending with Electro to let him let his guard down, saying he wanted to be the one to get a piece of him (or however he said it). Then Doc immediately stopped Electro.  Remember, he had the chip swapped and turned good then Electro said he liked him the way before, zapped him and Doc fell out the window.  He was still good because of the new chip.  He just disappeared off screen conveniently for a long time until popping up at just the right time.

Having said that, I agree I would have preferred the villains going wild all over the city and Holland's Spider-Man being tested like never before.  I also thought Andrew and Toby showing up was so calm and a little bit anti-climatic instead of exciting.  Ned just happened to be able to make a portal within seconds though it took Dr Strange weeks or months (unclear).  Anyway, they are just kind of there and walk in.  I was hoping at least one of them would swing in on a web and at first be mistaken for Tom Hollands Spider-Man then be revealed it's one of them.

Instead they showed up on a somber moment and then showed up to offer Peter 1 encouragement, which that was at least good because the 3 of them were able to connect. 

It definitely felt waaaaaay more concerned with nostalgia for the previous movies than really anything about this movie other than Peter 1's motivation.  

It could have simply been Dr Strange gets trapped or injured taken by surprise from a Goblin grenade then Peter has to fight them all alone til the others show up.  

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

8 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I wasn't impressed with it so 2 and half hours was long. 

That's fair.  I've ha movies where I've checked to see if it's almost over and it will not even be halfway done.  Either the pacing is an issue or you're just not into it.  

54 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That's fair.  I've ha movies where I've checked to see if it's almost over and it will not even be halfway done.  Either the pacing is an issue or you're just not into it.  

I'll watch it again in my home theater when it comes out, but to me it felt more like a romantic movie than action. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 2:25 PM, NOTW said:

2 hrs, 28 min.

Weird thing to complain about, idc if it's 3 hours if it's good. 

It felt long to me, also.

Good, not great, movie. I was still entertained.

• Like 1

I'm curious how re-watchable it will be. After the nostalgia & surprises wear off is it a good movie? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I'm curious how re-watchable it will be. After the nostalgia & surprises wear off is it a good movie? 

I've not yet seen it but I can relate to this. I mean I still love Endgame but once the big wow moments wore off I realised I don't think it's as good as IW. It's still a great film in my opinion and still has those huge cinematic moments but I think some of that wore off.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've not yet seen it but I can relate to this. I mean I still love Endgame but once the big wow moments wore off I realised I don't think it's as good as IW. It's still a great film in my opinion and still has those huge cinematic moments but I think some of that wore off.

I've always thought IW was a better movie than Endgame. 

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've always thought IW was a better movie than Endgame. 

I think as a story you are right. But Endgame has arguably more cinematic scenes. 

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah. It was pretty good. Better than I thought it would be to be honest.

I think endgame looked better but infinity war was a better. My favorite scene is still Thanos beating up the hulk. It just looks so technical and sound like Thanos is on the same level as hulk but is a skilled fighter and not just random rage

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BFit said:

I think endgame looked better but infinity war was a better. My favorite scene is still Thanos beating up the hulk. It just looks so technical and sound like Thanos is on the same level as hulk but is a skilled fighter and not just random rage

Yeah that was a great scene to be fair. I loved the start to IW with the Asguardian ship pleading for mercy too. That set the scene brilliantly.

Finished Hawkeye. Season finale had some cool moments, Kate Bishop/Barton/Yelena/Kingpin all great as usual. But I really didn’t enjoy the finale and was disappointed by it. There’s one scene that it’s just like, no way that’s what actually happens right? Guess it’s foreshadowing to a future show but yeah, idk. Would be extremely upsetting. 

There’s a post credit but trust me, skip it. Not worth your time at all. Might be worst post credit scene in Marvel, up there with the Cap ad

On 12/21/2021 at 1:17 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have endgame over IW, but it’s razor thin close. But yea I dunno man. I throw infinity war & endgame on a lot. Those movies are insanely rewatchable. I might not pay as close attention, and usually they become background or something to fall asleep to, but they still hold up really well. The scene of everyone coming back in endgame still gets to me even 2 1/2 years later. I really expect NWH to be just the same 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BFit said:

I love the scene in IW where Wanda swoops in and starts tossing those sawblade tank things around like nothing. Shows a huge leap in power and indicates her potential, but it's not forced, it's in the flow of that battle.

Haven’t seen Spiderman yet, but Those who have said that this does not spoil anything. This movie looks incredible!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Haven’t seen Spiderman yet, but Those who have said that this does not spoil anything. This movie looks incredible!

Correct it doesn't spoil anything from Spider-Man. They announced the title years ago so we knew multiverse was coming. Loki show had the variants & new timelines, Endgame discussed new timelines and realities. So it fits. And of course some of this trailer has elements from the What If series.

I've been looking forward to this one looks great.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did Marvel just ish all over us?

Your help is needed in CVON, do hospitals test everyone admitted for Covid like they do here?

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Your help is needed in CVON, do hospitals test everyone admitted for Covid like they do here?

Yes I believe so. Its why our hospital admission numbers are a little misleading.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I didn’t spoil anything? 

Just something from previous episode, for those who aren't current. This was also when i had just woken up & thought what you spoiled was from the finale and forgot for a moment woops. :lol:

14 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Finished Hawkeye. Season finale had some cool moments, Kate Bishop/Barton/Yelena/Kingpin all great as usual. But I really didn’t enjoy the finale and was disappointed by it. There’s one scene that it’s just like, no way that’s what actually happens right? Guess it’s foreshadowing to a future show but yeah, idk. Would be extremely upsetting. 

There’s a post credit but trust me, skip it. Not worth your time at all. Might be worst post credit scene in Marvel, up there with the Cap ad

I dunno, I liked it

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Just something from previous episode, for those who aren't current. This was also when i had just woken up & thought what you spoiled was from the finale and forgot for a moment woops. :lol:

Ah yeah, ok fair enough. I felt like since it was a week later & if people aren’t current they’d know to stay away from anything related to the show. Plus with actor tweeting out about it & all the teases. My bad dude

• Like 1