Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Enjoyed Hawkeye. Not my favorite but it was a solid series.  Really wished we got more Kingpin, but it was good to have D’onofrio back!

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Ah yeah, ok fair enough. I felt like since it was a week later & if people aren’t current they’d know to stay away from anything related to the show. Plus with actor tweeting out about it & all the teases. My bad dude

No worries, i was tired lol 

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Enjoyed Hawkeye. Not my favorite but it was a solid series.  Really wished we got more Kingpin, but it was good to have D’onofrio back!

Well F we just not worrying about spoilers. :lol:

I actually enjoyed Hawkeye, my 2nd favorite after WandaVision. 

Finale was good, wrapped things up.

The amount of track suits & trick arrows was over the top though. And the LARPers were his security in danger, which was my point before. An Avenger who talks the whole series about going it alone uses LARPers as security...yes I know they're cops & a fire fighter. 

I was really hoping Daredevil would have showed up in the end or post-credits...

...and yeah the Rogers the Musical was awful. It wasn't funny, satire, ironic, anything. It was really dumb.

But I liked the mentoring of Kate, she got enough experience that she's ready for more. I liked her banter with Yelena, could see them in scenes together in the future. 

22 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Reveal hidden contents

The amount of track suits & trick arrows was over the top though. And the LARPers were his security in danger, which was my point before. An Avenger who talks the whole series about going it alone uses LARPers as security...yes I know they're cops & a fire fighter. 

I was really hoping Daredevil would have showed up in the end or post-credits...

...and yeah the Rogers the Musical was awful. It wasn't funny, satire, ironic, anything. It was really dumb.

But I liked the mentoring of Kate, she got enough experience that she's ready for more. I liked her banter with Yelena, could see them in scenes together in the future. 

Agreed with your views. The last episode was just a little too much even though I did enjoy Hawkeye. I wasn't much of a fan of the fight scene between Kate and "you know who" though. I kept waiting for someone else to show up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed with your views. The last episode was just a little too much even though I did enjoy Hawkeye. I wasn't much of a fan of the fight scene between Kate and "you know who" though. I kept waiting for someone else to show up.

They wanted Kate to have her "moment" in passing the torch. But I agree with you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They wanted Kate to have her "moment" in passing the torch. But I agree with you.

I mean I kind of get that I do but I think there were other ways. We held her own against the Widow and the tracksuits like Clint did so that's enough. 

i'm guessing the fight coordinator on set for the final episode of Hawkeye was/is a LARPer in real life. Last episode was brutal.

Will give the director this much....King Pin is massive and would look comical live action but the camera angles were done correctly so he looked overpowering. Follow up, i don't see the comic book King Pin whimpering when a gun is drawn on him. 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, If he wasn’t shown at the end of the last episode I would have put spoiler tags. :D

3 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i'm guessing the fight coordinator on set for the final episode of Hawkeye was/is a LARPer in real life. Last episode was brutal.

Will give the director this much....King Pin is massive and would look comical live action but the camera angles were done correctly so he looked overpowering. Follow up, i don't see the comic book King Pin whimpering when a gun is drawn on him. 

He went through quite a bit up to that point. And given the relationship… 

I loved Hawkeye. My favorite of the whole D+ slate. I don’t care if it’s over the top, it was fantastic. I mean, Loki traveled to the end of time, so….

There is no way the final shot did what was implied, no way. And we had just the right amount of Kingpin. Y’all need patience. That was was incredible start to finish. 

btw, no spoilers here but the musical looked like it had an additional avenger fighting in the NYC battle (kid with the gear/sprocket t-shirt) ?

48 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

btw, no spoilers here but the musical looked like it had an additional avenger fighting in the NYC battle (kid with the gear/sprocket t-shirt) ?

Ant-Man. Here's my guess. When they made the musical & interviewed for details (how would they know certain details like Tony suggesting they go get shawarma) they talked to Scott. He went back to 2012 in Endgame and participated.  When kids didn't recognize him but wanted selfies with Hulk, he felt left out. So he plays up his involvement in the alien attack in NY.

THAT would have been a good post credit scene: Scott talking to the producers and embellishing his role and people saying they didn't know he was even there, Scott says oh yeah I was just ant-size but they couldn't have done it without me. And that's why he's in the musical. 

57 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

How did they know that Caps phrase was "I can do this all day". It was a phrase that only Cap knew. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How did they know that Caps phrase was "I can do this all day". It was a phrase that only Cap knew. 

Assume the media had lots of interviews and reports. It would be the biggest event and talked about non-stop news for awhile. Articles, documentaries, books. People would find out info. 

But I'm guessing it's another case of the writers doing something they just thought was fun, and didn't put as much thought into it as fans with these types of questions. 

I thought the entire musical thing was dumb. It wasn't funny, just cringe. Would have been just fine as a billboard in the city to chuckle at but not actually show it.

• Like 1

if they had had Ashley Taylor reprising her role as the waitress in the NYC battle, would have watched the whole musical. 

MV5BNDg1MzUwMjY5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM4

11 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

Spoiler

The end scene with Echo and Kingpin is actually right out of the comic. Not sure if they are sticking to that storyline though.

Spoiler

5E6076D3-EF85-4469-BC6E-DE90B758BBB9.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Probably on pace to surpass Black Panther and just below the Avengers team ups.

https://www.businessinsider.com/marvel-movies-ranked-how-much-money-at-global-box-office-2021-11

Dan Murrell, whose pretty on top of box office trends, said it’s the second best opening for any MCU movie trailing only Endgame. 

SPOILER article related to Spider-Man: No Way Home.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-daredevil-charlie-cox-return-decided-years-ago/

TL;DR: Charlie Cox knew he would rejoin the MCU years ago. The actress who played Colleen in Iron Fist & Defenders was offered a role in Shang-Chi but turned it down because she wanted the opportunity to play Colleen again, knowing DareDevil would be in the MCU.

Seeing Matt Murdock in NWH was awesome, one of my favorite moments. I was hoping he'd suit up by the end, or show up in the Hawkeye finale.

8 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The end scene with Echo and Kingpin is actually right out of the comic. Not sure if they are sticking to that storyline though.

Reveal hidden contents

5E6076D3-EF85-4469-BC6E-DE90B758BBB9.jpeg

The rule in comic books apparently is if you don't see a body then the person is not dead.

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The rule in comic books apparently is if you don't see a body then the person is not dead.

That’s the rule of anything 

• Like 2