Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Saw some of Pym’s enlargement serum in Hawkeye.  In comics he became Goliath.  Be cool if they introduce him to MCU.

004F7210-19BB-484E-93D1-DC1FB036148B.jpeg

C2AB8C2D-513C-4AE1-94BA-FF54280EBE9A.jpeg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

5 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

Saw some of Pym’s enlargement serum in Hawkeye.  In comics he became Goliath.  Be cool if they introduce him to MCU

Wasn't that fishburn's character in Antman II?

Had to look this one up.  Yes, Fishburn played Dr Foster who was involved with project G.O.L.I.A.T.H. with Pym.  He became Black Goliath in comics.

8F014809-6E8C-4812-8443-C82C598AC4F5.jpeg

I feel MCU'd out. After watching every single production until Shang Chi, I'm just kind of burnt out on it. I have almost 0 interest in watching Hawkeye, even the new Thor I'm not excited about. Don't really feel like tuning into the new spiderman movie or Eternals. Maybe I've been oversaturated with the streaming stuff I dunno. I really liked and enjoyed Loki and Wandavision though. 

I would say I'm a casual fan who has seen everything and enjoyed it up until this point but idk if anyone else feels the same way. Just seems like its starting to feel like a chore to watch everything.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I feel MCU'd out. After watching every single production until Shang Chi, I'm just kind of burnt out on it. I have almost 0 interest in watching Hawkeye, even the new Thor I'm not excited about. Don't really feel like tuning into the new spiderman movie or Eternals. Maybe I've been oversaturated with the streaming stuff I dunno. I really liked and enjoyed Loki and Wandavision though. 

I would say I'm a casual fan who has seen everything and enjoyed it up until this point but idk if anyone else feels the same way. Just seems like its starting to feel like a chore to watch everything.

You sound like more than a casual fan.

So thoughts on the ending scenes in Hawkeye.

Spoiler

I was really hoping Daredevil would show up at the end for a quick fight but I understand they wanted Maya to have her moment.  But I wish there had been more screen time with her and Kingpin to care more about the way things ended, their story together felt rushed and most of it was just mentioned in dialogue before we saw Kingpin.

If Hawkeye knows Kingpin exists then he knows Daredevil exists too.  Clint and Matt doing scenes together would have been nice to see.

My earlier point about LARPers: he did put them in danger on the mission, he had them as security on premise.  I get that they are real life police and fire rescue but still.  Seemed odd rather than tapping into any resource from Shield, local police, anything.  Or...contact Daredevil.

Looking forward to more of Yelena in the MCU.  And she and Kate had good chemistry.  Kate earned her strips learning under an Avenger and the actress did a good job.  I don't see her in a big movie yet but TV series on a small scale like this suits her.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Hide contents

I was really hoping Daredevil would show up at the end for a quick fight but I understand they wanted Maya to have her moment.  But I wish there had been more screen time with her and Kingpin to care more about the way things ended, their story together felt rushed and most of it was just mentioned in dialogue before we saw Kingpin.

If Hawkeye knows Kingpin exists then he knows Daredevil exists too.  Clint and Matt doing scenes together would have been nice to see.

My earlier point about LARPers: he did put them in danger on the mission, he had them as security on premise.  I get that they are real life police and fire rescue but still.  Seemed odd rather than tapping into any resource from Shield, local police, anything.  Or...contact Daredevil.

Looking forward to more of Yelena in the MCU.  And she and Kate had good chemistry.  Kate earned her strips learning under an Avenger and the actress did a good job.  I don't see her in a big movie yet but TV series on a small scale like this suits her.  

I dont think Daredevil is listed in the phonebook

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Hide contents

I dont think Daredevil is listed in the phonebook

:rolleyes:

Spoiler

What is a phonebook, it's 2021?  :lol:  If only Hawkeye were connected to anyone with ability to locate someone.  

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reveal hidden contents

How do you do the spoiler marks again?

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How do you do the spoiler marks again?

On laptop/desktop, highlight the test and pick the spoiler icon (the eye).  

On mobile, you can type out the code.  I'll use a screen shot because if I type it here it will create a spoiler tag.

spoiler.PNG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

On laptop/desktop, highlight the test and pick the spoiler icon (the eye).  

On mobile, you can type out the code.  I'll use a screen shot because if I type it here it will create a spoiler tag.

spoiler.PNG

Cheers bud. 

• Like 1

Finished Hawkeye…enjoyed it. Not as much as WV, Loki or F&WS, but still enjoyed it. This may have been explained and I missed it, but what was the watch all about?

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Finished Hawkeye…enjoyed it. Not as much as WV, Loki or F&WS, but still enjoyed it. This may have been explained and I missed it, but what was the watch all about?

it cued you that his wife was part of shield. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

it cued you that his wife was part of shield. 

Gotcha. Figured she was some type of analyst. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm off to see No Way Home later today. Can not wait!

Deets!!

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What. A. Film. 

I was going to watch it again today, even played hookie & called out of work for it. Unfortunately a snowstorm hit my city today & I decided to stay off the roads. Probably for the best I called out since I’m a delivery driver lol. 

but yeah dude, amazing movie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I was going to watch it again today, even played hookie & called out of work for it. Unfortunately a snowstorm hit my city today & I decided to stay off the roads. Probably for the best I called out since I’m a delivery driver lol. 

but yeah dude, amazing movie

I definitely need to watch again. It's one of those films I think where you need to watch a few times because there's just so much going on. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20211230-220958_Flixster.jpg

I'm still buzzing from seeing it a couple of days ago. It needs another few watches and it needs time but I think when the dust settles it'll be in my top 5 MCU films. In fact it may very well be top 3.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, NOTW said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

i have a feeling daredevil did show up and stopped maya from actually shooting kingpin. that plotline will continue on with daredevil in the mix next season. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:
  Hide contents

i have a feeling daredevil did show up and stopped maya from actually shooting kingpin. that plotline will continue on with daredevil in the mix next season. 

That would be cool.