Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Finally saw Eternals on Disney +

Reveal hidden contents

It was ok. The humor helped out a lot because it dragged a lot IMO

Fight scenes were nice

Kept wondering how they could do this without Thor and Captain Marvel though. The world is literally ending and you don't have the big powerhouses to save Earth? I know it's the Eternals movie but it's just difficult to watch a global catastrophe and not wonder how they're not there

Is it available now? Great I'll watch that over the weekend. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I read that Disney put it in the timeline order after Shang Chi and that the events of Eternals are happening around the same time as Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Why can't they just put these movies out in timeline order already?  Going back and forth is annoying.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I read that Disney put it in the timeline order after Shang Chi and that the events of Eternals are happening around the same time as Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Why can't they just put these movies out in timeline order already?  Going back and forth is annoying.  

so selecting a series of movies to watch is like a rubiks cube to you ? might i suggest the transformers time line for you instead.

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I agree. I get going back sometimes to do the odd origin story that's OK every now and then. But bring them out in timeline order.

if UK is having the same issue with the timeline, i retract my post. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Haha why?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Where do you see this? 

39 minutes ago, BFit said:

Where do you see this? 

herethenthere

wait....

therethenhere

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

so selecting a series of movies to watch is like a rubiks cube to you ? might i suggest the transformers time line for you instead.

Weird comment.  Anyway, it does get confusing especially when the movies themselves don't tell you when they happen, you have to rely on comments on the internet.  Or with Black Widow, you already know she's dead so it's weird going back to watch a solo movie.  Star Wars is doing that way too much too, prequels, sequels, this show takes place mid-way between prequels and sequels, it's all over the place.

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I got no way home confused with far from home. Anyway, isn't that right where eternals belongs? They came out in the order pictured

21 minutes ago, BFit said:

I got no way home confused with far from home. Anyway, isn't that right where eternals belongs? They came out in the order pictured

They did, I re-read the article and it is talking about Spider-Man Far From Home when he's in Europe with Mysterio.  Work has my brain fried this week!

So Shang-Chi came out first and took place after Endgame because it deals with the world post-blip.  Then Eternals came out 2 months later and goes backwards in time to after Endgame but during Spiderman FFH and before Shang-Chi.  Add in the TV shows that are throughout these timelines as well.

When Does Eternals Take Place In the MCU?
This placement on the timeline lines up with what has been said prior about Eternals, with Marvel Studios producer Nate Moore previously mentioning that the film occurs around the same time as Spider-Man: Far From Home. Spider-Man's second solo outing takes place about eight months after Avengers: Endgame, placing the world-ending threat of the Emergence somewhere in and around Peter Parker's trip to Europe.

With this in mind, fans now know that there is around a four-month gap between Eternals and Hawkeye, with the latter set a year after Endgame. Therefore, there may be some room for Marvel Studios to insert some future projects into this time period, such as Ms. Marvel or Moon Knight.

Eternals' timeline positioning does raise some questions about its narrative being impacted by other projects and how it affects other MCU entries. Being set so far after Endgame may seem odd considering the Blip was said to generate the energy necessary for the Emergence to occur. However, perhaps a couple more Earthlings needed to be produced before Tiamut could hatch.

It is also interesting that a big Celestial head wasn't mentioned at all in Spider-Man: No Way Home or Hawkeye, as it likely would've been pretty big news.

19 hours ago, BFit said:

saw it last night. if you go in with low expectations, its not bad

I had heard it was bad so I had low expectations.  It was OK - I wasn't a fan of some of the casting choices.  

5 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I had heard it was bad so I had low expectations.  It was OK - I wasn't a fan of some of the casting choices.  

I went in with low expectations as well, and I enjoyed it. Gemma Chan as Sersi was good. Kumail Najiani was hilarious, as was Ma Dong-seok as Gilgamesh. They managed to make Angelina look hot again as well, which is some amazing CGI work. 

• Like 1

Eternals was awful. One of Marvel's worst. @BFit 

Kumail literally doing Bollywood. 🙄

Wong Jackie Chan Shang-Chi Ten Rings Iron Fist: Meh.

A Celestial being...but deaf? Lol. The sequel will have a Celestial in a wheelchair, a non-binary gender fluid with purple hair and a homeless polyamorous threesome. 

Jon Snow about to open a weirdly long box, I joked with my wife they're gonna give Jon Snow a sword. Bwah ha ha of course. He should have just sat on a throne of swords. 

That british boy band kid Thanos' brother? :roll: A CGI leprechaun voiced by Patton Oswalt 🙄

This was bad, down there with Thor: The Dark World. Turrible.

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Eternals was awful. One of Marvel's worst. @BFit 

Kumail literally doing Bollywood. 🙄

Wong Jackie Chan Shang-Chi Ten Rings Iron Fist: Meh.

A Celestial being...but deaf? Lol. The sequel will have a Celestial in a wheelchair, a non-binary gender fluid with purple hair and a homeless polyamorous threesome. 

Jon Snow about to open a weirdly long box, I joked with my wife they're gonna give Jon Snow a sword. Bwah ha ha of course. He should have just sat on a throne of swords. 

That british boy band kid Thanos' brother? :roll: A CGI leprechaun voiced by Patton Oswalt 🙄

This was bad, down there with Thor: The Dark World. Turrible.

i was assuming it was going to be dark world bad. it was better than that, but it wasnt great. 

i never even thought about a deaf eternal being odd, but holy sheet youre right :lol: 

however, eros and pip were great. i refuse to accept anyone didnt like them, especially pip. patton is pretty much the perfect casting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah it doesn't make sense. It's all part of forcing things because you have to be seen to be inclusive. 

Rumor is Moon Knight releases March 30th with a 2 episode premiere. She hulk comes out in May. Ms Marvel sometime in the summer, I’m assuming June/July since Andor is rumored to be coming out in August. Unsure though how much overlap Disney will have of Star Wars/Marvel content. Think that rounds it up for Marvel TV shows for the year unless I’m forgetting something

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Rumor is Moon Knight releases March 30th with a 2 episode premiere. She hulk comes out in May. Ms Marvel sometime in the summer, I’m assuming June/July since Andor is rumored to be coming out in August. Unsure though how much overlap Disney will have of Star Wars/Marvel content. Think that rounds it up for Marvel TV shows for the year unless I’m forgetting something

Sorry for my ignorance but what is moon Knight?

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is moon Knight?

Moon Knight is like Batman with schizophrenia.   He’s a former marine who gets severely injured and winds up in an Egyptian tomb where he gets powers in exchange to be a vigilante on behalf of the innocent. Aka the Moon Knight. He’s also mentally unstable because of it. Oscar Isaac is playing the lead and the trailer drops at halftime on Monday Nights playoff game.

1 minute ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Moon Knight is like Batman with schizophrenia.   He’s a former marine who gets severely injured and winds up in an Egyptian tomb where he gets powers in exchange to be a vigilante on behalf of the innocent. Aka the Moon Knight. He’s also mentally unstable because of it. Oscar Isaac is playing the lead and the trailer drops at halftime on Monday Nights playoff game.

They got the actor who played Apocalypse, who got his powers in an Egyptian tomb (buried pyramid).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They got the actor who played Apocalypse, who got his powers in an Egyptian tomb (buried pyramid).

They may not use the same origin for this reason but the coincidence is pretty funny