Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

11 hours ago, BFit said:

i was assuming it was going to be dark world bad. it was better than that, but it wasnt great. 

i never even thought about a deaf eternal being odd, but holy sheet youre right :lol: 

however, eros and pip were great. i refuse to accept anyone didnt like them, especially pip. patton is pretty much the perfect casting. 

Yeah, Ajak has healing powers and can't heal her hearing? How does one Celestial get deaf but doesn't get hurt otherwise? 

It's because the actress is deaf, she's a deaf character in The Walking Dead too.

Was the character deaf in the comics?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Yes. Wasn’t able to speak either. Originally was a man in the comics also, but died and resurrected into a woman. When the character was a man he wasn’t deaf or mute though. 

I thought the Makkari character was great in the movie, first time a speedster actually felt powerful and wasn’t a joke. Plus was probably cool representation on screen having a deaf hero for a lot of people 

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Moon Knight is like Batman with schizophrenia.   He’s a former marine who gets severely injured and winds up in an Egyptian tomb where he gets powers in exchange to be a vigilante on behalf of the innocent. Aka the Moon Knight. He’s also mentally unstable because of it. Oscar Isaac is playing the lead and the trailer drops at halftime on Monday Nights playoff game.

Batman but with powers? What powers?

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Batman but with powers? What powers?

So from his pre-moon knight life he’s wealthy and has a decent amount of gadgets, he’s also an Olympic level athlete and skilled in multiple forms of combat. When he was revived he gained increased strength, speed and endurance similar to Cap, though those ability come more pronounced during a full moon.  His power set has changed over time depending on the story arc (telekinesis, prophesy, commanding the dead, etc.) but typically it’s the captain America set (strength speed endurance)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Moon Knight is like Batman with schizophrenia.   He’s a former marine who gets severely injured and winds up in an Egyptian tomb where he gets powers in exchange to be a vigilante on behalf of the innocent. Aka the Moon Knight. He’s also mentally unstable because of it. Oscar Isaac is playing the lead and the trailer drops at halftime on Monday Nights playoff game.

i was unaware of that. good to know though. my buddy who is big into comics is excited about the show, which is usually a good sign

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

So from his pre-moon knight life he’s wealthy and has a decent amount of gadgets, he’s also an Olympic level athlete and skilled in multiple forms of combat. When he was revived he gained increased strength, speed and endurance similar to Cap, though those ability come more pronounced during a full moon.  His power set has changed over time depending on the story arc (telekinesis, prophesy, commanding the dead, etc.) but typically it’s the captain America set (strength speed endurance)

Ok interesting so he could be the new Cap from a strength perspective. Are we expecting him to play a big role in the MCU?

28 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok interesting so he could be the new Cap from a strength perspective. Are we expecting him to play a big role in the MCU?

For those constantly calling for Mephisto, he does have a huge arch against him.  I’d imagine he will play a big role at some point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

For those constantly calling for Mephisto, he does have a huge arch against him.  I’d imagine he will play a big role at some point.

Many are thinking we’ll get a midnight sons spin-off with him. Supposedly Moon Knight is going to introduce a ton of new characters. It’s probably the show I’ve been most excited about & have been waiting for this for years 

• Like 1

It seems like Marvel is trending towards doing more Avengers like team ups, but not necessarily avengers. Thunderbolts, midnight sons, young avengers etc

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It seems like Marvel is trending towards doing more Avengers like team ups, but not necessarily avengers. Thunderbolts, midnight sons, young avengers etc

That would be a shame but I kind of get it. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That would be a shame but I kind of get it. 

I don’t think it’d be a shame at all. It’s a good way to expand their universe. Surely they won’t not do another Avengers project but they can do team ups with these new characters that won’t be facing world ending threats. Hawkeye already showed that people enjoyed having a more grounded type of show. 

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t think it’d be a shame at all. It’s a good way to expand their universe. Surely they won’t not do another Avengers project but they can do team ups with these new characters that won’t be facing world ending threats. Hawkeye already showed that people enjoyed having a more grounded type of show. 

Yeah I don't disagree with you. But the Avengers films tend to be the ones that bring it all together and bring the serious big bads.

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah, Ajak has healing powers and can't heal her hearing? How does one Celestial get deaf but doesn't get hurt otherwise? 

It's because the actress is deaf, she's a deaf character in The Walking Dead too.

The theory is she’s deaf because she breaks the sound barrier. She runs so fast that it would literally rupture her ear drums every time. So there’s not reason to constantly repair it. 

i thought Eternals was solid. Not great but not terrible. It would have been better as a full series.  Also the non-linear story telling didn’t work for me that much. But I enjoyed the characters and it was visually stunning. There was just way too much lore and way too many characters to effectively do justice to in a 2.5 hour movie.

15 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The theory is she’s deaf because she breaks the sound barrier. She runs so fast that it would literally rupture her ear drums every time. So there’s not reason to constantly repair it. 

i thought Eternals was solid. Not great but not terrible. It would have been better as a full series.  Also the non-linear story telling didn’t work for me that much. But I enjoyed the characters and it was visually stunning. There was just way too much lore and way too many characters to effectively do justice to in a 2.5 hour movie.

I guess that makes sense...but then others would have side effects. Ikaris shoots lasers out of his eyes but that's fine. I don't recall that being explained about her hearing. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Comments on the Eternals Instagram ad, mostly trashing it.

Screenshot_20220115-224538_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-224601_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-224625_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-224751_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-224832_Instagram.jpg

I think they are all fair comments. I think as a series that would have worked a lot better. 

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

I guess that makes sense...but then others would have side effects. Ikaris shoots lasers out of his eyes but that's fine. I don't recall that being explained about her hearing. 

That wasn’t explained in the movie. It was described outside the film. But that’s kind of my point. This whole story could have benefited from like 6-8 45 minute episodes rather than one 2.5 hour movie. Honestly flip Falcon and Winter Solider that had too much filler with this story and you have a better movie and a better tv series.

• Like 1

I like how Cersei was walking with Jon Snow & the kid along the river and a Deviant shows up and there's no one else around. She wants to protect her man so she leads it away from him...and into the city around a bunch of people endangering them. :lol:

And they didn't help against Thanos because they weren't supposed to interfere only to fight Deviants... except they interfere throughout the movie. Mind controlling to stop battles, create technology for them, live among them, date, marry, adopt a kid, get a job teaching, using power to save a kid from an earthquake. 

It's inconsistencies that take you out of the story.

• Like 1

Agreed. Was really wondering if Marvel would lean heavy into the mental instability early on. Looking forward to this one!

Just now, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Agreed. Was really wondering if Marvel would lean heavy into the mental instability early on. Looking forward to this one!

Wonder how violent they’re going to make it. This could be the one that can put Marvel down a path of making R rated content 

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Wonder how violent they’re going to make it. This could be the one that can put Marvel down a path of making R rated content 

I’d imagine it’ll be in the nolan dark knight level. Certainly dark, certainly gritty, but not a lot of blood and gore. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:00 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Saw trailer of Moon Knight and looks pretty good to me 

Show off to a bad start 

Gaspard Ulliel, one of the bright lights of French cinema and a star of Marvel’s upcoming Moon Knight series, has died following a ski accident, according to news agency AFP. He was 37. 

• Sad 1