Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

So I complained a few pages ago about feeling Marveled out, not really excited for new content.

The other night we dropped by 8 month old off at my parents and went and saw Spiderman. Holy F it was amazing. The marvel is back running through my veins. Now I need to watch Eternals and Hawkeye.

• Haha 2

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

20 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

So I complained a few pages ago about feeling Marveled out, not really excited for new content.

The other night we dropped by 8 month old off at my parents and went and saw Spiderman. Holy F it was amazing. The marvel is back running through my veins. Now I need to watch Eternals and Hawkeye.

fyp

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

After Spider-Man, Eternals will be a huge letdown.  Some people liked it, others didn't but to watch right after Spidey as your next Marvel content might not be the best idea.  Start with Hawkeye, it's at least light hearted fun.  And has a couple tie-ins with Spider-Man No Way Home.  If you haven't seen other Disney+ shows start there too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NOTW said:

After Spider-Man, Eternals will be a huge letdown.  Some people liked it, others didn't but to watch right after Spidey as your next Marvel content might not be the best idea.  Start with Hawkeye, it's at least light hearted fun.  And has a couple tie-ins with Spider-Man No Way Home.  If you haven't seen other Disney+ shows start there too. 

I've seen everything at this point except Hawkeye and Eternals. But good to know, will do Hawkeye first.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I've seen everything at this point except Hawkeye and Eternals. But good to know, will do Hawkeye first.

I liked Eternals more than most, but would agree. Hawkeye first will put a good buffer between the two movies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I liked Eternals more than most, but would agree. Hawkeye first will put a good buffer between the two movies.

A Facebook friend put Eternals as one of this top 10 movies of the year and blamed anyone who didn't like it on wanting to see Avengers heroes or didn't like that 2 guys kissed.  When several people said they didn't like it and stated why (not those reasons) he got all butthurt and said well I'm not going to debate there's too much negativity in the world.  

It's just a movie bruh.  :wacko:

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A Facebook friend put Eternals as one of this top 10 movies of the year and blamed anyone who didn't like it on wanting to see Avengers heroes or didn't like that 2 guys kissed.  When several people said they didn't like it and stated why (not those reasons) he got all butthurt and said well I'm not going to debate there's too much negativity in the world.  

It's just a movie bruh.  :wacko:

Haha, I know people who won’t see the movie assuming it’s bad because of how "woke” it is. It’s really not woke at all but that’s neither here nor there. Eternals primary struggle is what I call fantastic four syndrome. Whenever you introduce a big team with parties each with their own personalities and interests you have to either focus on one character or devote sufficient time to developing each character. Avengers worked because it had 4 movies of character growth it could rely on (5 if you count hulk). Avengers doesn’t work nearly as well if you don’t have those precursor movies.

Eternals needed to be a Disney plus series that really fleshed out it’s characters and motivations IMO. The story was relatively fine, there’s just too much that doesn’t get sufficiently developed that could have been if you fleshed it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Haha, I know people who won’t see the movie assuming it’s bad because of how "woke” it is. It’s really not woke at all but that’s neither here nor there. Eternals primary struggle is what I call fantastic four syndrome. Whenever you introduce a big team with parties each with their own personalities and interests you have to either focus on one character or devote sufficient time to developing each character. Avengers worked because it had 4 movies of character growth it could rely on (5 if you count hulk). Avengers doesn’t work nearly as well if you don’t have those precursor movies.

Eternals needed to be a Disney plus series that really fleshed out it’s characters and motivations IMO. The story was relatively fine, there’s just too much that doesn’t get sufficiently developed that could have been if you fleshed it. 

Correct.  And you can't expect there to be zero gay characters.  Woke wasn't the problem.  People are looking for "woke" in everything whether good or bad.  Hawkeye wasn't woke just because it had a female character, and just because Eternals had diversity and a gay couple in like a minute of screen time doesn't matter either.

And yes a series probably would have been better.  I think these things are easier in the comics with all different versions of the characters, timelines, etc.  This felt out of place in the MCU the way they've been going.  Would have been better if it all took place before the Avengers showed up and they closed out that story leaving Earth without the Eternals to defend it...until...

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Nailed it

Good at least we won't have to worry about the marvel franchise being set back for years!

51 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good at least we won't have to worry about the marvel franchise being set back for years!

Marvel just needs to nail phase 4.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Is that….the Illuminati??? 👀👀

Likely and what appears to be the voice of a certain bald headed professor of the mutant persuasion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Likely and what appears to be the voice of a certain bald headed professor of the mutant persuasion.

i think you might be right. Wonder if this movie introduces Namor to set up Black Panther 2? 

The one person I can’t figure out who it is but I think it looks like Captain Marvel fighting Wanda in the trailer 

On 2/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

Is that….the Illuminati??? 👀👀

I hope so. 

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1645070846491.jpg

I keep telling myself I can't do movies over 2hrs anymore but, then I go to a marvel movie and I'm like.... It's over already? 

With a marvel movies I find myself going in to them knowing the rough run time of the movie. I then want time to go really slowly and as time goes on I start looking at the time to realise the movie is nearly over. 

Saw the new Spider-Man today.  Really enjoyed it.  It’s been out for a couple months so I guess it’s not a spoiler at this point but I loved the way they worked In the alternate universe spider men.  I’m not really a fan of reboot after reboot, but this was done very well tying them all together. 

• Like 1

Finally catching up on some of the recent Marvel stuff. Should finish Hawkeye this week. Eternals was pretty boring. I really enjoyed mapping out part they played in human civilization, but I never really felt that excitement I normally feel during Marvel for any of the scenes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...