Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

The Netflix Marvel shows are leaving Netflix, and will be on Disney+ starting March 16th.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/daredevil-marvel-stream-disney-plus-1235188404/

While "Daredevil,” "Jessica Jones” and all of Netflix’s Marvel series were branded as "Netflix Originals” to consumers when they premiered on the streaming platform, the shows were licensed out to the streaming giant from Disney. Netflix’s licensing deal ended, opening the door for Disney to move them to Disney Plus. 

Disney adding parental content rating settings since these shows aren't exactly kid-friendly.

With the addition of these titles, some of which like "Daredevil” are violent and more mature, Disney Plus will simultaneously release an update to its existing parental controls in the U.S., prompting all subscribers to update their settings. The settings include an option to select content ratings restrictions for each profile and to add a PIN to lock profiles. Those that choose to keep their settings the same will continue to use Disney Plus as they always have within a TV-14 content rating environment, with the option to make changes at any time under the profile settings tab.

The Sony Spider-Man movies will still not stream on Disney+

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

Anyone going to Flyers game Saturday ?  Giving away variant cover issue for Avengers #53.

A3AE0CAD-9EC4-4AE0-8900-F407630EA853.jpeg

thanks to kids I never go to movies so psyched I got to see No Way Home today. Agree with earlier statement of feeling a little superheroed out, but damn this movie was amazing. Top 3 Marvel easily

and eternals was ok. really liked how it tied into history, but it was a boring villain and characters were too bland. 

• Like 1

Doesn’t look as bad as I expected. Looks like it’s catered to younger marvel fans. I’ve never really cared for the character, but I’ll probably watch 

12 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Doesn’t look as bad as I expected. Looks like it’s catered to younger marvel fans. I’ve never really cared for the character, but I’ll probably watch 

Hitting as many "woke" boxes as possible, I suppose?

Check: does your design agency tick all the boxes? – nim design

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Hitting as many "woke" boxes as possible, I suppose?

Check: does your design agency tick all the boxes? – nim design

How?

28 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

How?

They’re just trying to sound cool. Or troll. Either way not worth it. 

Nothing wrong with a show aimed at teen girls to have a different type of genre. There were some X-men shows like that, the DC shows on the CW, etc.

15 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

How?

asking that is the most woke thing in this thread. 

• Like 1

Finally watched No Way Home last night

Spoiler

Great movie, especially for fan service.  A+ there.  I initially struggled with all the incredibly stupid decisions that Parker and Strange made at the beginning of the movie, but once the other Parkers showed up I just said F it and enjoyed the ride.  Goblin stole the show out of all the villains, with Doc Oc being a close second.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What are her powers? I thought she was basically stretch and able to make herself bigger...

I thought same. Only know her generally speaking or from video games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

I thought same. Only know her generally speaking or from video games. 

Yeah same that's the limit of my knowledge. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 4:41 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What are her powers? I thought she was basically stretch and able to make herself bigger...

yeah thats her powers in the comics. seems a lot of people online are mad that theyve essentially made her another "cosmic beam" character

8 hours ago, BFit said:

yeah thats her powers in the comics. seems a lot of people online are mad that theyve essentially made her another "cosmic beam" character

Yeah I mean that's what I thought... they've changed her powers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moonknight premieres after midnight tonight, I’m really excited for this one. Definitely staying up for it

I Thought moon knight had a good first episode, and Oscar Isaac does a really good job. My main complaint is that the CGI wasn’t good, but that wasn’t too big of a deal for me. Everything else was entertaining, it has potential to be a really good Marvel show 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I Thought moon knight had a good first episode, and Oscar Isaac does a really good job. My main complaint is that the CGI wasn’t good, but that wasn’t too big of a deal for me. Everything else was entertaining, it has potential to be a really good Marvel show 

This latest phase definitely has a different feel to it. There's still a lot of the tried and tested (and successful) but it has a little different edge I think. 

Moon Knight had a very interesting first episode. 

Also to add, Marvel really nails their choices for music in everything they do.

• Like 2

I know only the very basics of Moon Knight as a character but I am fully intrigued by the first episode. Oscar Isaac was excellent in the first episode. 

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This latest phase definitely has a different feel to it. There's still a lot of the tried and tested (and successful) but it has a little different edge I think. 

Yea I appreciate that Marvel is branching off and trying to incorporate other things with their new content instead of just generic superhero stories. Like Dr Strange & Moonknight is supposed to be be more of a Horror movie/show, Shang Chi was different, Spider-Man NWH was different, Eternals was different etc. I’m just hoping when Deadpool 3 finally comes out they keep it Rated R

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:29 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I know only the very basics of Moon Knight as a character but I am fully intrigued by the first episode. Oscar Isaac was excellent in the first episode. 

Isaac has done so many things, from interesting roles like Ex Machina, to more mainstream like the new Star Wars. Yet somehow he so easily and believable comes off as some weak and timid little British **** in this. Its quite impressive. 

• Haha 1