Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

You prefer QB who played like trash all season with leading league in sacks and turnovers and gets constant 3 and outs? O...kay.

I do not like Hurts. I was happy when he left my college team. He is not a good QB. Carson has not forgotten how to play. What he did have is a historically bad Oline. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I do not like Hurts. I was happy when he left my college team. He is not a good QB. Carson has not forgotten how to play. What he did have is a historically bad Oline. 

Dude come on. Start to accept that the issues with Wentz are not just OL. That the issue lies with him. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Carson needs a Solid offensive line to play well. He doesn't play well with a poor line, that' much is clear. 

3 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Carson needs a Solid offensive line to play well. He doesn't play well with a poor line, that' much is clear. 

You can sub out Carson's name for most QBs out there with that statement. So improve the O line. 

For some people the problem is literally everything but Wentz. They’ll be blaming the team nutritionists for not giving him the proper pre-game meal next. Or maybe the equipment managers didn’t use the proper detergent when washing his jersey? I dunno...

1 minute ago, vaff said:

For some people the problem is literally everything but Wentz. They’ll be blaming the team nutritionists for not giving him the proper pre-game meal next. Or maybe the equipment managers didn’t use the proper detergent when washing his jersey? I dunno...

I get what you mean there... It does feel like excuse after excuse is made for Wentz. Like it's impossible that he's at fault for bad play or even some of the bad play. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Dude come on. Start to accept that the issues with Wentz are not just OL. That the issue lies with him and his Oline along with other factors. 

Fyp ;)

10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You can sub out Carson's name for most QBs out there with that statement. So improve the O line. 

Agreed. That's our top offeseason priority.

12 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Wetnz's biggest problems are his horrible throwing mechanics (throwing off his back foot which leads to his accuracy issues) and his poor decision making. FWIW Hurts' mechanics looked much better. On the touchdown pass, he stepped up in the pocket and made his reads, Wentz never does that. On that exact same play, Wentz would have been sacked. Hurts will struggle but at last 4 games would give us some sort of a window into his NFL potential. 

We've been talking about his mechanics every year since he came out of college.  Things are getting worse, not better.  I don't think it's out of the question that there's a lingering physical problem as well.

The only logical thing to do going forward is shut Wentz down for the year and let him get healthy in all ways while giving Hurts a good, long look.  Because of the contract they can't cut him and even a trade would be difficult to manage so he's gonna be around another year, at least.  

6 minutes ago, vaff said:

For some people, there is no other problem but Wentz. The'll blame Wentz for getting hit, sacked and dropped passes. 

5 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Oline should be pick one two and three depending on what's available of course. 

For some people, there is no other problem but Wentz. The'll blame Wentz for getting hit, sacked and dropped passes. 

This times a million. But we will see if he is the problem. According to that theory we should play awesome without him. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I get what you mean there... It does feel like excuse after excuse is made for Wentz. Like it's impossible that he's at fault for bad play or even some of the bad play. 

The offensive side of the ball is a failure from top to bottom. It starts with Howie's horrible drafting and relying on over the hill players, to the coaches not playing up their players strengths, to the players failing to execute. 

Someone in the GDT said every snap a player, or more, isn't doing their job. It's either Carson missing a throw or the oline not blocking or the WRs not winning their route. Quite frankly it's a ish show and I have no idea how they're going to fix it.

We say this every year yet the Eagles have drafted exactly ONE offensive lineman in the top 3 rounds in the last SEVEN years (Seumalo).  
One. Then everybody wrings their hands and wonders why the Eagles OL is so thin.  

If they were built correctly they would have been able to weather the injury storm. Instead, they may have ruined their franchise QB.  

Doug will do something stupid like split the playing time 50/50 or something. 

7 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I’ve heard nobody say Wentz is the only problem. Not a single person.

3 minutes ago, vaff said:

I’ve heard nobody say Wentz is the only problem. Not a single person.

Oh please. I've seen Wentz get mauled by three D linemen a second after the snap and people on here go "gEt RiD oF tHE bAll! cArSoN sUcKs!"

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think Carson is playing well. But unlike most who think he just forgot to play, I think there are reasons that contribute. Pathetic Oline being at the top. He plays like this with even a average o line by all means toss him. But this is in no way fair to him. 

There is a Wentzcuse for everything for 12 games, why doesn’t Hurts get an excuse?

35 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Well more than half of the sacks he’s taken ARE on him so... yeah. 

23 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Oh please. I've seen Wentz get mauled by three D linemen a second after the snap and people on here go "gEt RiD oF tHE bAll! cArSoN sUcKs!"

As of two weeks ago he had taken 33 sacks after holding the ball for 4 seconds or more. That number is obviously higher after the last two games. 

So no if he’s hit immediately it’s not in him, but he takes a LOT of sacks by holding the ball too long. Don’t know why it is so hard for some of you to admit this. Or admit that his mechanics have always been bad, and have only gotten worse. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

As of two weeks ago he had taken 33 sacks after holding the ball for 4 seconds or more. That number is obviously higher after the last two games. 

So no if he’s hit immediately it’s not in him, but he takes a LOT of sacks by holding the ball too long. Don’t know why it is so hard for some of you to admit this. Or admit that his mechanics have always been bad, and have only gotten worse. 

You do realize alot of those four seconds are Carson running for his life right? The pocket is gone almost immediately. There are d lineman running free in the backfield almost immediately. You can't make good passes like v that. How many seconds of clean pocket on average did he get? My guess is not much. But I'm glad you approve of the Oline 

42 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Im one of them.  Im done with wentz.   And going on the record saying so.  His confidence is shot.  The injuries are lingering in his head.  He isnt being accountable and doesnt seem to lead in a way that makes the players around him play better or harder. 

hope he turns things around for us or someone else but ive seen enough tbh

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

with a high school level offense from Doug. 

That same offense helped win us a super bowl (but yes I realize we switched to the RPO for the playoffs). That said, It really doesn't look much different from the offense that Reid runs which won the SB last year. 

Archived