Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

6 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hurts haters have some of the lowest football IQ of any fans you'll ever encounter. Pay them no mind; they literally don't know what they're looking at on their screens.

I will never like him but who is bashing him today? He did alright again. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurts is playing as well as we could have hoped. If he sustains it, it's time to go all in for Will Anderson Jr in the draft.

14 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hurts haters have some of the lowest football IQ of any fans you'll ever encounter. Pay them no mind; they literally don't know what they're looking at on their screens.

I just put them on ignore

22 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Lol backpedal much?  :lol: 

They clearly get lazy in the second half when they're up big and they milk some clock. I'd like to see some points there, but not the end of the world. Also need to see him come back from behind against a good team.

All in all, he's been great lately.

Alright F it, I’m in on Jalen. 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

They clearly get lazy in the second half when they're up big and they milk some clock. I'd like to see some points there, but not the end of the world. Also need to see him come back from behind against a good team.

Don’t think it’s lazy so much as they’ve just gone conservative with playcalling. I don’t like it, but I’m not too worried. I’m confident that if they had to score they could. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Don’t think it’s lazy so much as they’ve just gone conservative with playcalling. I don’t like it, but I’m not too worried. I’m confident that if they had to score they could. 

That's what I'm saying.

His play has been solid so far this year. Just keep doing what he’s been doing and take what the d gives you. There will be bad games but if the good outweigh the bad that’s what we want as fans.

35 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Why will you never like him?  

Hurts' progress is evident, and he has the type of character that will do everything he can to further improve.

The future looks hopeful.

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

We definitely need to perform better on offense in the second half of games. Our strength should be milking the clock with a big lead. Steichen has 3 games to learn from and figure out what works best. I hope we get better there. 

Just now, Hawkeye said:

Why will you never like him?  

Don't feed him

3 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

His play has been solid so far this year. Just keep doing what he’s been doing and take what the d gives you. There will be bad games but if the good outweigh the bad that’s what we want as fans.

I mean he’s been a lot better than solid.

Just now, brkmsn said:

We definitely need to perform better on offense in the second half of games. Our strength should be milking the clock with a big lead. Steichen has 3 games to learn from and figure out what works best. I hope we get better there. 

Milking the clock. Isn’t that pretty much what they did in the second half?

Just now, brkmsn said:

The worst play was the end zone hand off, plenty of other better choices, other than that and the stupid shovel pass on 4th down to Pascall not much to complain about

15 minutes ago, Swoop said:

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

We all need to be behind Jalen. He has an amazing supporting cast and it’s only 3 games, but he had destroyed most of the narrative about him. There will be bumps ahead, but he looks like the guy right now.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Milking the clock. Isn’t that pretty much what they did in the second half?

Ideally, you want to do that with your offense, not your defense on the field. Washington bottled up our run game for the most part, so I understand why we didn't really attempt to get it going. But we need to figure out how to convert 3rd downs when "milking."

5 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The worst play was the end zone hand off, plenty of other better choices, other than that and the stupid shovel pass on 4th down to Pascall not much to complain about

We didn't really do much read option in the 2nd half and that's our bread and butter. 

I will always appreciate Carson and what he brought to the Franchise.   Jalen has proven over 22 starts that it was time to move on.  Our future is very bright.   Another Amazing performance.  Vikings and Washington Defenses both said........"OK Jalen....beat us with your arm".   And he did just that.   

2 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

I will always appreciate Carson and what he brought to the Franchise.   Jalen has proven over 22 starts that it was time to move on.  Our future is very bright.   Another Amazing performance.  Vikings and Washington Defenses both said........"OK Jalen....beat us with your arm".   And he did just that.   

No doubt. Hurts is better than Wentz by a margin.

If Howie phoned up WAS and offered a Hurts/Wentz swap, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

No doubt. Hurts is better than Wentz by a margin.

If Howie phoned up WAS and offered a Hurts/Wentz swap, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Not if got their football knowledge from TATE

3 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

when the coaches decide to coach 4 quarters this team will be hard to beat.

Everybody (coaches included) can learn from these games and improve. I'd like to see us blitz more often against a QB that clearly struggles when he's not comfortable. Offensively, I think we might just need to pretend we don't have a lead. Players need to step up a bit and the play calling needs to be just a little better. We need to figure out how to deliver a knockout punch and get the starters some rest late in games. 

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Everybody (coaches included) can learn from these games and improve. I'd like to see us blitz more often against a QB that clearly struggles when he's not comfortable. Offensively, I think we might just need to pretend we don't have a lead. Players need to step up a bit and the play calling needs to be just a little better. We need to figure out how to deliver a knockout punch and get the starters some rest late in games. 

True. Still so much better to learn from wins.. 😄

If we dominate games while there is still lots we can do better that tells us how dang good this team is and can be.

That said our somewhat soft schedule is just what we needed, helps all the new starters to fit in and buy in. So far much is really going our way.

Archived