Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

i really think we have to focus on oline after the first round because that's the strength of this year's draft plus we dont know the health status on lane and brooks, kelce might retire so i think we need a new oline and this is the draft to fix it.

I have nothing to add, but I just wanted to say that the thread title cracks me up every time I see it.

It's like the Office Space movie with the one dude they moved to some remote place in the building and he just asks about his stapler.

I can see Howie at some remote desk with no one around him, being on phone ordering footballs, gatorade buckets, towels, practice jerseys, etc..

:roll:

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I have nothing to add, but I just wanted to say that the thread title cracks me up every time I see it.

It's like the Office Space movie with the one dude they moved to some remote place in the building and he just asks about his stapler.

I can see Howie at some remote desk with no one around him, being on phone ordering footballs, gatorade buckets, towels, practice jerseys, etc..

:roll:

That's exactly what I was going with when I made this thread. You can see in my OP I posted this image.

Image result for office space basement

• Like 1

Ahhhh I missed that OP. Ughhh. Welp, I feel like an idiot now. 😖

I agree though. Just leave him in charge of anything but the draft! But he needs to clean up their cap situation first. He dug the cap hole. Let him dig out of it.

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Ahhhh I missed that OP. Ughhh. Welp, I feel like an idiot now. 😖

I agree though. Just leave him in charge of anything but the draft! But he needs to clean up their cap situation first. He dug the cap hole. Let him dig out of it.

Yeah I don’t get that logic. It’s like saying yeah this kid started the fire in our house so he needs to figure out how to put the fire out. Put someone in there who doesn’t have any of the attachments to these players. Those attachments are what put the Eagles in the position they’re in. I don’t want Howie fixing the mess he created. Him putting us in the mess already shows he can screw it up. Also how much time are you giving him to fix it? He did this in 4 years. You giving him another 4 to undo it? 

• Like 2

Things I am convinced of regarding Howie:

1. In his job, Howie loves one thing lightyears ahead of every other task, and that's picking players in the draft. It's the one part of his job he can't live without.

2. He would never voluntarily give up drafting players. If forced to (like before) he will work tirelessly to undermine whoever got that job until he gets it back (like before).

3. He is a terrible judge of football talent but has convinced Lurie that he's great at it and for that matter, so is Jeffrey Lurie!! What a coup Howie!! You get to play fantasy football with him.

4. He must work trades every year to make up for failed drafts and kick the cap can down the road.

5. He will always blame others and never accept that he is an inferior man because of it. (The Superior man blames himself.)

6. He will always work to have a scapegoat ready to go for his own failures.

7. He will forever be incapable of building a dynastic team through the draft, so no more SB wins while he's here.

8. Despite getting lucky in 2017, for which I praised him anyway, I do not and probably will never like Howie Roseman.

...and lastly, Howie must go.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No you forgot... Howie is the Littlefinger of the NFL world. 

So give him the Ronnie Lott treatment and cut that little finger off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Things I am convinced of regarding Howie:

1. In his job, Howie loves one thing lightyears ahead of every other task, and that's picking players in the draft. It's the one part of his job he can't live without.

2. He would never voluntarily give up drafting players. If forced to (like before) he will work tirelessly to undermine whoever got that job until he gets it back (like before).

3. He is a terrible judge of football talent but has convinced Lurie that he's great at it and for that matter, so is Jeffrey Lurie!! What a coup Howie!! You get to play fantasy football with him.

4. He must work trades every year to make up for failed drafts and kick the cap can down the road.

5. He will always blame others and never accept that he is an inferior man because of it. (The Superior man blames himself.)

6. He will always work to have a scapegoat ready to go for his own failures.

7. He will forever be incapable of building a dynastic team through the draft, so no more SB wins while he's here.

8. Despite getting lucky in 2017, for which I praised him anyway, I do not and probably will never like Howie Roseman.

...and lastly, Howie must go.

Jon Ritchie called him a mathlete.

He's a fantasy football nerd who wants to pick players in real life but doesn't have a clue about scouting NFL players.

I believe the reason they manage to get some decent players in mid to late rounds or UDFA is because the "splash" of the top rounds is over and he doesn't know any of these players, so he sticks to the board the scouts and coaches put together, or a coach is clamoring for a guy.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Jon Ritchie called him a mathlete.

He's a fantasy football nerd who wants to pick players in real life but doesn't have a clue about scouting NFL players.

I believe the reason they manage to get some decent players in mid to late rounds or UDFA is because the "splash" of the top rounds is over and he doesn't know any of these players, so he sticks to the board the scouts and coaches put together, or a coach is clamoring for a guy.  

There is logic in your belief.

10 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

So give him the Ronnie Lott treatment and cut that little finger off.

Without doubt. I don't know why he's still here I really don't. The excuses Lurie gave are just embarrassing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is the year 2052?

Howie better get extra security or we may have another 48 Hours Mystery....only we will know it was you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Howie better get extra security or we may have another 48 Hours Mystery....only we will know it was you.

There shall be no mystery... I'll declare it. 

Not defending Howie here, but was watching the draft for Tom Brady and it was pretty shocking to hear how many draft picks the 49ers and Pats missed on in that draft. It was good to hear that other teams also make poor draft picks too. 

see the 13:00 mark.

8 hours ago, NVeagle said:

TB is a deflater and a cheatriot.

I know Tom is  cheater. The point was that draft. The video shows how each team missed on multiple picks. Howie isn't the only one.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I know Tom is  cheater. The point was that draft. The video shows how each team missed on multiple picks. Howie isn't the only one.

Every team misses on picks, teams can have bad drafts.  

Howie has consistently been bad and there are too many picks where the average fan knew a better player was available.

• Like 6

On 1/18/2021 at 12:22 PM, NOTW said:

Every team misses on picks, teams can have bad drafts.  

Howie has consistently been bad and there are too many picks where the average fan knew a better player was available.

Correct, it's unacceptable.  When the team that picks right after you in the 1st round makes their pick in 2 seconds when they have 10 minutes, you should know you screwed up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Correct, it's unacceptable.  When the team that picks right after you in the 1st round makes their pick in 2 seconds when they have 10 minutes, you should know you screwed up. 

I heard someone once say the Eagles have the second worst talent from drafts over like the past three seasons or something. I don’t know if it’s true or not. Probably some PFF stat, but you can look at the roster and see many of their draft picks aren’t contributing to the football team. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There shall be no mystery... I'll declare it. 

Don't make up stories now. You were with me at a back room poker game in Piccadilly Circus. Couldn't have been you with an alibi like that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Don't make up stories now. You were with me at a back room poker game in Piccadilly Circus. Couldn't have been you with an alibi like that.

True, true! That was a hell of a game to be fair. I thought I had you bud. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

True, true! That was a hell of a game to be fair. I thought I had you bud. 

Maybe next time. Nobody wins then all.;)

8 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Maybe next time. Nobody wins then all.;)

If we could time it nicely to align with another unfortunate Eagles related murder mystery...

• Haha 1