Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You'd certainly like to think they will. Howie deserves a lot more criticism and attack than any other person within the organisation!

And that doesn't absolve Carson or Doug for their part, but neither of them have failed on the massive scale of Howie.  Every single item that has failed or is failing is under his direct watch.  You saw this before I did.  It's just super clear now that his fingerprints all over the whole deal.  IF we believe anonymous sources (like most love around here), the problem still exists after Carson and Doug are gone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roseman has to go, plain and simple. While he is here, the Eagles' talent level will continue to erode overall. Those very few good young players, like Sanders, will be wasted here. Hey, we only have about 2 more months or so until another disastrous Howie draft. At least we've got that going for us.

This team is going headlong into a legendary  s***storm with Howie at the helm, and Lurie's blindness to it leaves him celebrating this new direction. It's just sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not that I agree with firing Doug or trading Wentz per se, but this would have been a good offseason to clean house and get a new GM to handle a rebuild with high draft picks and potentially additional picks from trading Wentz and others.

Funny thing is, Howie has less chance of screwing up the #6 pick so while it may not be the pick most fans want, it should at least be a quality player and that will save his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Roseman has to go, plain and simple. While he is here, the Eagles' talent level will continue to erode overall. Those very few good young players, like Sanders, will be wasted here. Hey, we only have about 2 more months or so until another disastrous Howie draft. At least we've got that going for us.

This team is going headlong into a legendary  s***storm with Howie at the helm, and Lurie's blindness to it leaves him celebrating this new direction. It's just sad.

Lurie has been my fave owner of any sports team I follow of all time.  It's a crying shame to watch this Grima Wormtongue little troll wrestle the franchise from under his nose now that he has gotten up there in years.  For the first time ever, I do not enjoy rooting for the Eagles.  I'm buying Ravens gear until Howie is gone...and that could be a long time.

• Like 2

This team is getting what it deserves with Howie for having the nerve of shutting down the MB on PE.com....f them! 🙂

• Like 1

The longer this goes the more concerned I am that Howie is gonna bungle this trade all up.

Howie: Our guy is so great we will accept nothing less than two first round picks. 
GMs: Well if you guy is that great why are you trading him to begin with? 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The longer this goes the more concerned I am that Howie is gonna bungle this trade all up.

Howie: Our guy is so great we will accept nothing less than two first round picks. 

End of the conversation...

Howie: Because Wentz is being a real doody head who won’t return my calls!

• Haha 1

I was just wondering to myself, at what point do you fire a GM? 

Draft picks not working out could be laid at the feet of the coaches. Bad free agent signings could also be argued it was the player the coaches wanted. Bad contracts seems like an obvious fault of the GM, but doesn't the owner give approval before it's presented to the agent and signed? Causing tension and in-fighting with the HC seems like it would be another obvious reason.

27 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Draft picks not working out could be laid at the feet of the coaches. Bad free agent signings could also be argued it was the player the coaches wanted. Bad contracts seems like an obvious fault of the GM, but doesn't the owner give approval before it's presented to the agent and signed? Causing tension and in-fighting with the HC seems like it would be another obvious reason.

Meh, he still makes a mean chai latte for Lurie and his dry cleaning runs are flawless.  If he ever slips up and spills the chai on the freshly cleaned ascot...now THERE’S ground for dismissal if Lurie’s ever seen it.

2 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

I think multiple seasons of general roster decline. While thats happened here, this is also the first season in 4 that we didn't make the playoffs, so Howie's in a little bit of a grey area

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

To be fair, good players get traded on other teams as well.  It usually is a reflection of a bad GM, coach or some issue but doesn't mean the player himself isn't a good player.  

I posted this is Rant n Rave as well.  But appropriate here.

"

Its crystal clear who is the issue here and its Roseman.   But just as much Lurie for being blind to it all.   Roseman clearly was lucky with FA is 2017.   Everything worked.  But the draft still wasn't great.   This team is in Cap Hell because Roseman cant draft and has to get FA every year.   Also continues to ignore the importance of LB's and Safteys which creates a huge hole in the defense.

But the hurts pick is still mind boggling.   it just is.   You just gave Wentz a boat load of money.  and the next year, before that contract even kicks in, you draft a highly rated QB in the draft.   this makes zero sense.   ZERO!   I get that they wanted to protect the position with someone in case Wentz got hurt.   Although he was doing ok the last 2 seasons.   So a solid oline man or another position of need is what should have been drafted.   So of course you immediately cause a controversary and a disconnect with Wentz.   If you werent confident in his ability to stay healthy then why did you sign him to that huge deal?   

Did Wentz handle it well?   Nope.   In fact he handled it has poorly as he could've outside of whining to the media.   But that aside, it was the wrong pick based on the moves you had already made.   So now you trade Wentz and maybe you get a 1 back and something else (Although their aren't many teams as stupid as the Rams but who knows) but you have a huge dead cap number thats gonna make the eagles ditch a lot of players for the sole reason of getting under the cap.   Wasn't this guy  a cap expert?

Now look at the head coaching hiring.   No one of any status wanted anything to do with this job.   The guy they picked, they picked because frankly he wont challenge them on anything. This organization went from Super bowl Champs to one of the worst teams in football in 3 years, fired the head coach and looks to be ditching the QB they basically mortgaged everything for.   

Howie couldn't haven screwed this up anymore if he was actually trying to make this team suck.  Yet is accountable for nothing.   Lurie is an idiot for letting this happen.   Its totally clear that he has no idea how to run a football team.  "

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

To be fair, good players get traded on other teams as well.  It usually is a reflection of a bad GM, coach or some issue but doesn't mean the player himself isn't a good player.  

With that being the case what has Carson done in the past year that garners two first round picks? 

2 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Howie Roseman is by far the biggest problem for this football team. The bad drafts, bad contracts, and giving long term deals to older injury prone players is just killing this team. It’s been years since this guy has drafted an all pro player. I don’t understand how Lurie doesn’t see this man needs to go. Anyone who questions the power of Howie gets shipped out. It’s like Howie has mind control over Lurie like that dude from Lord of the Rings. It’s just crazy how much power that man wields in this organization. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

With that being the case what has Carson done in the past year that garners two first round picks? 

Not arguing Carson, just in general.  Good players get traded.  Also we've seen GM's get suckered into bad trades.  

• Like 1

First off, take this with a grain of salt because it was hearsay. Heard from a third party that knows someone in the organization that Jefferson was the pick both on the board and in agreement with the talent department and Roseman audibled to Reagor. They also said Hurts was not the pick in the 2nd but again was Howie audible.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie Roseman is by far the biggest problem for this football team. The bad drafts, bad contracts, and giving long term deals to older injury prone players is just killing this team. It’s been years since this guy has drafted an all pro player. I don’t understand how Lurie doesn’t see this man needs to go. Anyone who questions the power of Howie gets shipped out. It’s like Howie has mind control over Lurie like that dude from Lord of the Rings. It’s just crazy how much power that man wields in this organization. 

Grima Wormtongue.  I believe we are averaging 1 Grima reference per page in this thread.  Sad state the Eagles are in, I'm actually hoping he screws the draft and the wentz deal in spectacular fashion.  it's the only way Lurie might snap out of it by next offseason.

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

First off, take this with a grain of salt because it was hearsay. Heard from a third party that knows someone in the organization that Jefferson was the pick both on the board and in agreement with the talent department and Roseman audibled to Reagor. They also said Hurts was not the pick in the 2nd but again was Howie audible.

That was suggested by various reports from twitter beat writers as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vileborg said:

Yeah but the guys they really wanted were taken 3-4 picks earlier......:whistle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Yeah but the guys they really wanted were taken 3-4 picks earlier......:whistle:

In some cases even earlier than that. I heard they really liked Chase Young. Joey and Nick Bosa.

Howie:  we really wanted Russel Wilson, I still regret that.

The QB Reid took after Wilson:  Foles wins them a SB.  Has the same number of SB rings as Wilson.

:roll:

• Like 2

Howie's the genuine article.  It's hard to fake smarmy.  Maybe at last the totality of Eagles fandom can admit the bloom has come off the rose man.

• Like 1