EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If the Eagles signed someone like Corey Davis at $17 million/year with Chase/Pitts/Waddle most likely to be there for them to choose from it would be infuriating and a complete lack of awareness shown by Howie as to how to build a team.

The more and more i think about it if the jets do go with Wilson at two there’s a strong chance that Miami moves out of 3 for a team wanting a QB like Carolina or Denver. I think you could see Lawrence, Wilson and fields/Lance go 1-2-3. I think atlanta could actually draft Sewell. Their oline based off what i read needs massive help. Meaning bengals with Sewell off the board and Lance/fields available could trade out or take BPA which comes down to pitts or chase imo. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

Really feel like they need to trade back in round one to get more picks on day two and quality picks for next year. Day three picks just isn't going to cut it. 

Well it's a slippery slope. Howie has a lot better chance at 6 to hit on a gem than multiple later picks. We know that story is going to end all too well. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing he is going to make around 10 mil per if not more if agholor got what he did. I tend to think he is going to go someplace that is creative and can use him in a multitude of different ways. I actually think the Rams would’ve been a good spot if they had money. 

Surprised the Pats didn't look at him with the way they're throwing money around 

7 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Well it's a slippery slope. Howie has a lot better chance at 6 to hit on a gem than multiple later picks. We know that story is going to end all too well. 

Yes I know. I'm torn. I'm now head over heels for Pitts. Which in turn this also means he will be taken right before us at 6. I think I would be extremely tempted to stay put at 6 though if Chase was there. If not I'm big time on the trade back bandwagon 

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

Surprised the Pats didn't look at him with the way they're throwing money around 

I feel like belichick liked agholor last year too. There were reports they were interested in trading for him in 2019. 

maybe samuel’s market doesn’t materialize like Anderson kind of had happen last year and he can be had a cheaper price. I tend to think the market is waiting for golladay 

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

Yes I know. I'm torn. I'm now head over heels for Pitts. Which also means he will be taken right before us at 6. I think I would be extremely tempted to stay put at 6 though if Chase was there. If not I'm big time on the trade back bandwagon 

I actually think pitts to the bengals makes a lot of sense if Sewell is off the board. I don’t think slater is worthy of going 5. Pitts and chase would be the two best players. With Boyd and Higgins i think the bengals would look at pitts playing TE and can also play some WR so they’d get the best of both worlds and they could use tight end in general more than just receiver. 

5 hours ago, greend said:

I called my doctor and asked to be added to the list. My doctor's office called my wife about an hour later and scheduled our vaccine for the following Saturday at 7:00 am. My guess is they had trouble filling the appointments with some of the thinking that goes on locally. I didn't do anything other than make a phone call. I'm not biting and scratching and kicking old people out of the way for Pete's sake.

Good idea.  I didn’t figure you were cutting the line.  I kind of look at it this way.  I was able to retire early and my wife works from home. Most folks aren’t able to quarantine like us and my kids are clearly at the back of the line.  I am thankful my relatives on the front lines, with preexisting conditions, older and my father in law and sister were able to get their shots.  I have wanderlust cravings pretty bad but I can wait until May or June to get my shot.  I hit 1A status this summer so either way,  I get the shot on the horizon.   In the meantime, I will get my second shingles shot tomorrow.  If my doctor offers a vaccine opportunity to me, I will seriously consider it but as long as I am not taking a 1A or 1B person’s slot.

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Yes I know. I'm torn. I'm now head over heels for Pitts. Which also means he will be taken right before us at 6. I think I would be extremely tempted to stay put at 6 though if Chase was there. If not I'm big time on the trade back bandwagon 

Never rush a rebuild! Stay at 6 and take a blue chip player.

Corey Davis was a bust. It was insane to take him 5th overall back then. But as usual in FA players get way overpaid.

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Jets have to either take Wilson/QB at 2 or trade out. Makes no sense to sit there at 2 and not cash in on the value of the pick or take a QB 

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

We are on the same boat. Really like Pitts as well. If we can trade down a couple of spots and get him at say 9 would be great. That way we can have another pick. But if Chase is there at 6 we gotta go for him imo. When was the last time the Eagles had a true number 1 standout receiver? TO for a season and a half?

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually think pitts to the bengals makes a lot of sense if Sewell is off the board. I don’t think slater is worthy of going 5. Pitts and chase would be the two best players. With Boyd and Higgins i think the bengals would look at pitts playing TE and can also play some WR so they’d get the best of both worlds and they could use tight end in general more than just receiver. 

Cincy or even Miami. Gasecki and Pitts would be lethal. They know him well since they're in the same state and all. 

3 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

So what was the point of that other dude just tweeting the random Eagles signing him?  What does he get out of that?  Retweets? likes? follows?  I don't get it.

6 hours ago, BigEFly said:

How did you do that when the eligibility requirements say otherwise?  Did you wait in line for unused vaccines?  I have been to the PA Department of Health website and its eligibility requirement questionnaire shows that as ineligible.  I just cannot get in line in front of folks more needy. My 80+ neighbors had to go to a different county to get their first shots.  No way I would get in line in front of them. 

Rite Aid has done a very lax job with it. Their website asks some eligibility questions, but you could just lie technically. I have preexisting conditions, so the website said ok you're eligible and let me book an appointment, but when I showed up to get my shot they never asked for proof. So technically anyone could just lie. But I guess they aren't being a stickler about it because they just want shots in arms before they expire.

3 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

We are on the same boat. Really like Pitts as well. If we can trade down a couple of spots and get him at say 9 would be great. That way we can have another pick. But if Chase is there at 6 we gotta go for him imo. When was the last time the Eagles had a true number 1 standout receiver? TO for a season and a half?

Oh no, that guys stock is so high I don't even see him lasting to 6 honestly. He's a total monster. Don't even get your hopes up because it's not happening 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Good idea.  I didn’t figure you were cutting the line.  I kind of look at it this way.  I was able to retire early and my wife works from home. Most folks aren’t able to quarantine like us and my kids are clearly at the back of the line.  I am thankful my relatives on the front lines, with preexisting conditions, older and my father in law and sister were able to get their shots.  I have wanderlust cravings pretty bad but I can wait until May or June to get my shot.  I hit 1A status this summer so either way,  I get the shot on the horizon.   In the meantime, I will get my second shingles shot tomorrow.  If my doctor offers a vaccine opportunity to me, I will seriously consider it but as long as I am not taking a 1A or 1B person’s slot.

I got first shot yesterday , and I’m feeling it today , but from reading up on it  , it sounds like if you had COVID already  the first shot can kick your ass , also says 1 shot  is plenty if you have had COVID . I’ll take my chances of getting really wiped and  get second shot onApril 11.

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The more and more i think about it if the jets do go with Wilson at two there’s a strong chance that Miami moves out of 3 for a team wanting a QB like Carolina or Denver. I think you could see Lawrence, Wilson and fields/Lance go 1-2-3. I think atlanta could actually draft Sewell. Their oline based off what i read needs massive help. Meaning bengals with Sewell off the board and Lance/fields available could trade out or take BPA which comes down to pitts or chase imo. 

They'd go Pitts. They have no TE and Green is about shot. 

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Cincy or even Miami. Gasecki and Pitts would be lethal. They know him well since they're in the same state and all. 

I’d say Miami but i think they’d be dumb not to maximize pick 3. If you aren’t taking a QB at 3 i think there’s a team like Carolina or Denver who would move up to get one of the Jets stay at two and take Wilson. And you could name your price at that point. I think if atlanta would consider taking a QB that there’s teams willing to move to 3 to get fields or Lance. 

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

They'd go Pitts. They have no TE and Green is about shot. 

No way they sit at 2 and take pitts. They could get a boatload for 2 trading out to someone who loves Wilson. As great as pitts could be they legitimately could get multiple firsts and even more picks from someone like Carolina to get 2 and take Wilson. 

Are we talking about atlanta? I think they are in play as well. However i think oline is needed more. I’d say defense but i don’t see a defensive player there better than offensive player who’d be there. 

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Are you saying that Hurts + Ward + Tate + Jackson will get the job done, with the innovation and the running QBs?

OK!!!  Now you're talking.  I'm with you there!!!

If by get the job done, you mean have an outside shot at 31st best offense in the nfl instead of 32nd, then I would agree with you.

I have assumed Miami would trade down all along for a team wanting a QB. It's that trade down sweet spot. I think the first 4 picks will be QBs.

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

WTF are you talking about?  :wacko:  I’m just telling you how it’s done down here.  When did I say anything about jumping in front of older more needy people?   They are at group 4 here in NC.  If you qualify, like I did, then should I sit home until we get the "all clear” that everyone who is older and more needy has been vaccinated?  Which we know will never happen.  JFC.  If group 4 is allowed then those who qualify should be able to go.   I just said there is no vetting process.  They don’t have the ability to do so.   Yet, again.  You used assumptions and ran with it.  

I did not say that you cut the line.  (I thought you said you qualified because you are in the food business when you mentioned signing up.)  You responded to my posts that they aren’t vetting people there and I reacted that that would not excuse cutting the line and that I was not raised that way.  I had clearly posted that PA is still in 1A in the post you were responding to so in context, why did you conclude that was an assumption of what? That I assumed you cut the line?   How did you come to that conclusion? Sorry, in context, it doesn’t fit.  JFC, you can have some soft feelings so if I offended you somehow, I am so sorry.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

I have assumed Miami would trade down all along for a team wanting a QB. It's that trade down sweet spot. I think the first 4 picks will be QBs.

I think atlanta is a toss up depending on if they love fields and Lance. They could love fields and not Lance and Lance is left or vice versa or love both take whichever falls. 

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I got first shot yesterday , and I’m feeling it today , but from reading up on it  , it sounds like if you had COVID already  the first shot can kick your ass , also says 1 shot  is plenty if you have had COVID . I’ll take my chances of getting really wiped and  get second shot onApril 11.

I guess I'll find out about the 2nd shot (moderna) plus covid next week.  The 1st shot was like COVID-lite (48hrs), plus a punch in the arm.

Archived