EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

If that PA mom can create deep fake videos of her child’s competition, can’t the Eagles create deep fake videos of some of their free agents to create better comp pick value?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Geez, Louise.  You think the trade compensation for Slay was too much?  That’s nuts. Do you really hate defensive backs that much?

I have always insisted that it is better to have 5 good DB's than 1 star with uneven (to be generous) surroundings.  The fact that the secondary regressed on Slay's watch, despite the big investment. is a testament to this.

Additionally, when a player signs a market value contract, they don't have draft value.  You are investing twice when you trade picks and pay up, which is what they did for Slay.

Any clue what Wayne Gallman is looking for?  He looked solid in the games I watched last year and ran hard

In Slay, the Eagles invested/anticipated a guy who would shadow the #1 WR and reliably take him out of games.  Instead, the got a guy who was simply incapable of that, but was just a very good cover CB.  

17 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

In Slay, the Eagles invested/anticipated a guy who would shadow the #1 WR and reliably take him out of games.  Instead, the got a guy who was simply incapable of that, but was just a very good cover CB.  

Gettleman signed James Bradberry who's younger on a cheaper deal, didn't cost any draft picks to acquire and played better than Slay. 

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Cape San Blas in Port St Joe, Florida. It’s decently secluded, so a perfect spot for social distancing. 

Sand dollar cafe. Best breakfast in the area! 

23 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have always insisted that it is better to have 5 good DB's than 1 star with uneven (to be generous) surroundings.  The fact that the secondary regressed on Slay's watch, despite the big investment. is a testament to this.

Additionally, when a player signs a market value contract, they don't have draft value.  You are investing twice when you trade picks and pay up, which is what they did for Slay.

But if Howie does us right and grabs a S and a CB with two of our first two days of picks this year, coupled with Slay, there is an excellent chance we have five good DBs. 

And let me ask you this.  If you could trade up in the third round last year for a CB of Slay’s talent, would you do it?  That is what Slay cost.  

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Frank Gore is coming back to sign a 1 day contract to retire as the greatest Eagles RB of all time.

At too much money, with 3 dead years and at least $10M dead

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

How many players on the entire roster are actually guaranteed starters for 2021?  Of those, how many are not massive injury question marks?

Not a large number.

What picks did the Broncos give up for Darby?

No picks and less money.  

27 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Schwartz watch...fyp

11 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

But if Howie does us right and grabs a S and a CB with two of our first two days of picks this year, coupled with Slay, there is an excellent chance we have five good DBs. 

And let me ask you this.  If you could trade up in the third round last year for a CB of Slay’s talent, would you do it?  That is what Slay cost.  

And would a CB of Slay's talent in round 3 cost what Slay does against the salary cap?  Because that's also what Slay cost.

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Slay may end up at safety... 

Slay will never play S. 

15 hours ago, BigEFly said:

As my grandfather used to say hope in one hand and s--- in the other and see which one fills up first.

Howie only does Howie right... purely about self preservation and having the proper scape goats on hand.  If Howie doesn't screw up #6 it won't be for lack of trying.

All his roster mismanagement created this mess, and digging out of it makes the next 2 years bleak.  All hail, Howie, master bean counter.

15 hours ago, eagle45 said:

And would a CB of Slay's talent in round 3 cost what Slay does against the salary cap?  Because that's also what Slay cost.

3 and 5, actually.

I could see us having interest in Juju Smith-Schuster if his market doesn't develop.

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Slay will never play S. 

How in the F do you know wise guy 

7 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I could see us having interest in Juju Smith-Schuster if his market doesn't develop.

Maybe but I don’t see it. That move would me think the Eagles are leaning QB  round 1 

17 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Of course not.  Slay is a vested veteran #1 CB. 

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

As my grandfather used to say hope in one hand and s--- in thebbn other and see which one fills up first.

Howie only does Howie right... purely about self preservation and having the proper scape goats on hand.  If Howie doesn't screw up #6 it won't be for lack of trying.

All his roster mismanagement created this mess, and digging out of it makes the next 2 years bleak.  All hail, Howie, master bean counter.

3 and 5, actually.

That 3 was in response to my trade up in the third (figuring that equated for the 5).  I am afraid with Howie, your grandfather’s other hand fills up first.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So they paying like $30mil for two QBs or something like that? 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Corey Davis is a lot better than anything we have. What WR do we have that’s average?  😂 I have always liked him.  But not a fan of bringing in a WR in FA.  If we did.  I would be happy it be him.  

Well.  Doesn’t matter anyway 

Ok, so bring in an average wide receiver who will take up 17 million to a below average group of receivers that we already have.  That is even worse.  We have no cap room as is it.  That would be a complete waste of a resource.  There are cheaper guys available in free agency who are also average and younger.  We can also address the WR position in the draft.

If we already had a decent core with a few good WR's and we added him, I would feel differently.  That is also under the assumption we had much more cap space aka Howie wasn't our GM.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There’s two guaranteed losses next year 

At least he can’t target Mills anymore. 

Archived