EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d say Miami but i think they’d be dumb not to maximize pick 3. If you aren’t taking a QB at 3 i think there’s a team like Carolina or Denver who would move up to get one of the Jets stay at two and take Wilson. And you could name your price at that point. I think if atlanta would consider taking a QB that there’s teams willing to move to 3 to get fields or Lance. 

That's possible. It's just the Dolphins receivers are really bad. They may see Pitts as generational and pull the trigger. I couldn't blame them at all for staying at 3 and doing that. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God i hope Pitts goes that early so we dont take him. or pass on him and listen to people queefing for years...

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

That's possible. It's just the Dolphins receivers are really bad. They may see Pitts as generational and pull the trigger. I couldn't blame them at all for staying at 3 and doing that. 

I think Devante Parker is fine. Williams was also fine before he got hurt last year. They need an upgrade at WR for sure. However i think they also need more of a speed homerun threat. Waddle actually makes a ton of sense just not at 3 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did we sign DeSean Jackson yet? 

Frank Gore is coming back to sign a 1 day contract to retire as the greatest Eagles RB of all time.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did we sign DeSean Jackson yet? 

Gotta finish the Jason Peters 5 year deal first 

I actually hope we do bring Peters back. It would be much needed comic relief. He’d be older than the entire coaching staff.

And him outlasting Dillard who was drafted in 2019 would be one of the funniest things with this team in recent memory.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ew

Tell me again how the Slay deal is bad.

How many players on the entire roster are actually guaranteed starters for 2021?  Of those, how many are not massive injury question marks?

Not a large number.

Just now, BigEFly said:

Tell me again how the Slay deal is bad.

What picks did the Broncos give up for Darby?

36 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

This guy lol..$$$

Sam Bradford is his wealth management consultant.

All jokes aside, didn't Darby play all 16 and have a pretty respectable year in 2020?  1st rounder who had some pretty good seasons before his injuries.  I see nothing wrong with the contract he got.  I'd be much more happy giving him $10 milion/year to be CB2 than giving that to Barnett.

We draft a jag like Reagor and people are worried about Pitts, lol

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think Devante Parker is fine. Williams was also fine before he got hurt last year. They need an upgrade at WR for sure. However i think they also need more of a speed homerun threat. Waddle actually makes a ton of sense just not at 3 

Parker is ok but he gets hurt and then the rest have been disappointing and/or injury prone. Pitts plus Gasecki is legit. Maybe they sign a FA WR with some speed too. 

41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

All jokes aside, didn't Darby play all 16 and have a pretty respectable year in 2020?  1st rounder who had some pretty good seasons before his injuries.  I see nothing wrong with the contract he got.  I'd be much more happy giving him $10 milion/year to be CB2 than giving that to Barnett.

I think he should be writing the Redskins D line a big thank you card 

44 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Uhh.  I didn’t respond to your post.  Didn’t address you.  Didn’t quote you.   I merely shared what was going on down here based on the posts I saw from GreenD.  You responded to my post talking about cutting the line.  And not being raised that way.  A rational person would assume that if you quote someone with a response like that, then you were referring to what that person said.  Guess not you. So how am I to know what the F you’re talking about.   I didn’t seek out conversation with you.  Which is normally something I try to avoid.  Wonder why.  

Trust me.  I am the last person with soft feelings in here.  But I will lash back, if someone says something ignorant or that is wrong.  

Oh bull.  Greend had mentioned how he was healthy and got the shot in response to my post in response to Beasts that PA is still in 1A.  Iggles_Phan responded to the same discussion about how the J&J was going to educators.  It is appalling to me that my neighbors had to got to the next county, that I_P’s parents had to got two counties over and his father in law can’t get an appointment. You joined that discussion with the non vetting response.  How the F are we supposed to know when you join a discussion, who in the discussion is allowed to respond?  I asked if that (the lack of vetting) was an excuse to cut the line and that I wasn’t raised that way. Maybe I misunderstood the reason you posted about the lack of vetting. My assumption, my bad.  So you assumed I was saying you cut the line, but I said nothing of the sort, not even close. 

It is great that NC is in Phase 4.  Here in PA, Wolf clusterf’d the vaccine distribution, IMHO.  His formula for distribution sucks.  His giving it Willy Nilly to healthcare systems and pharmacies with no state sign up sucks. Computer sign ups for those 65 and older is a joke.  Here, you might be in Phase 1C (food workers) but more than likely would be in Phase 2 (everyone else).  Tell your governor to call Wolf and tell him how it is done right.   From what Beast said, a call to Hogan in MD might help too.   I mean, how in the world can WV and AK be getting it into the sticks and Wolf can’t even get the Philly suburbs or his own f’in county right. 

I don’t begrudge anyone getting a shot. It’s selfish on my part because the epidemiologists say 75% to reach herd immunity and I want herd immunity.   I will wait my turn, which anyone reading my posts, would know and when it is my turn, I will celebrate having some immunity by wearing a mask until everyone has got their shots.  Then I am going traveling to hug my children and then I am traveling to see my sister and others and onward until the wanderlust burns out. Thanks to all of you who have and will get the shots. I appreciate you contribution to herd immunity.  

How the F can you and I be on the same wavelength about drafting towards the D this year?

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

How many players on the entire roster are actually guaranteed starters for 2021?  Of those, how many are not massive injury question marks?

Not a large number.

What picks did the Broncos give up for Darby?

Geez, Louise.  You think the trade compensation for Slay was too much?  That’s nuts. Do you really hate defensive backs that much?

Am I wrong to be a bit peeved that WTF and the Raiders are getting better comp pick value than the Eagles did for Darby and Agholor?

Archived