EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

So they paying like $30mil for two QBs or something like that? 

Something close to that. $25M or so. 

Good signing for the Redskins.  Great defense just needs a QB that is able to light it up. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Good signing for the Redskins.  Great defense just needs a QB that is able to light it up. 

Fitzmagic murdered Schwartz, good thing he’s gone. 

Every year it feels like the same teams are making big FA signings. Washington and Miami are always in play 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There’s two guaranteed losses next year 

I was expecting them to draft a QB high. Guess they still can though

Division will probably be between Skins and Dallas IMO

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There’s two guaranteed losses next year 

Honestly it’s a good signing for Washington. Their defense is good enough to win and keep them in games. I’m guessing they are picking too late to get one of the top 5 Qbs in the draft unless they massively trade up to get one or one has a significant drop. And I’m not sure they can move up that high even if they did. I suspect they look to add one in the 2-3 to groom for a year or two. 

21 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Washington 7-10 division champs coming up 

The 7 wins will be in the first half of the season

Fitz is the King of game managers. That D is a few pieces away from being elite.

Rivera is a helluva coach.

But Eagles will get some pieces this year too in the draft God willing.

The two teams are not THAT far apart yet. Unless the Eagles completely shoot blanks this draft.

11 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Fitz is the King of game managers. That D is a few pieces away from being elite.

The two teams are not THAT far apart yet. Unless the Eagles completely shoot blanks this draft.

The 2 offense's might not be that far apart, but their defense is light years ahead of ours.  Its really not even close. 

8 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

I disagree. That defense is good now. They lost darby but i think he’s replaceable with how good their DLine is and front 7. Their defense with rivera and talent wise are playoff type defense.

I think if they get someone in the draft at WR opposite of mclaurin with Logan Thomas coming along like he did as well as gibson at rb that offense could be good assuning fitz is solid. They likely going to add a olineman or two. Really imo needs to find their franchise Qb and get another Wr. 

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly it’s a good signing for Washington. Their defense is good enough to win and keep them in games. I’m guessing they are picking too late to get one of the top 5 Qbs in the draft unless they massively trade up to get one or one has a significant drop. And I’m not sure they can move up that high even if they did. I suspect they look to add one in the 2-3 to groom for a year or two. 

Definitely a quality signing for them. Reliable & proven vet that can win games for them & keep them competitive. I wonder what it means for long term look at QB. It gives them another year to develop & see if Heinicke can be the guy going forward, and won’t force their hand to have to trade up for a QB. But if a QB falls into their range they’ll be able to trade up without mortgaging their future, & he can sit and develop behind Fitz. 

I think Washington will be a much better team than people expect next year

Good points from everyone. Guess I wanted to believe the two teams are closer than they are.

There's no denying I'm jealous of that WFT front 7.

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Definitely a quality signing for them. Reliable & proven vet that can win games for them & keep them competitive. I wonder what it means for long term look at QB. It gives them another year to develop & see if Heinicke can be the guy going forward, and won’t force their hand to have to trade up for a QB. But if a QB falls into their range they’ll be able to trade up without mortgaging their future, & he can sit and develop behind Fitz. 

I think Washington will be a much better team than people expect next year

I can’t imagine they aren’t going to add another receiver/playmaker to that offense. They badly need another with mclaurin, Thomas and gibson. If i were Washington i just build my team up this year and next year go all in to try and get a QB 

I don't necessarily want Pitts, but I'll be pissed if a team in the NFCE winds up with him.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can’t imagine they aren’t going to add another receiver/playmaker to that offense. They badly need another with mclaurin, Thomas and gibson. If i were Washington i just build my team up this year and next year go all in to try and get a QB 

Plenty of WR talent in FA & draft, probably the best offseason in many years for teams who need WR talent. I’m sure they’ll find one. I don’t know their cap situation though. My fear is they get Golladay & that frees them up to go DB or OL in draft. 

I don’t think they are SB contenders no matter what happens in next 2 months, but I like their odds more than Dallas to win the division. They could ruin a contenders hopes in the postseason next year also.

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Plenty of WR talent in FA & draft, probably the best offseason in many years for teams who need WR talent. I’m sure they’ll find one. I don’t know their cap situation though. My fear is they get Golladay & that frees them up to go DB or OL in draft. 

I don’t think they are SB contenders no matter what happens in next 2 months, but I like their odds more than Dallas to win the division. They could ruin a contenders hopes in the postseason next year also.

They almost did to TB last year. And that was with Heinicke at QB.

Their defense gave Brady the best run for his money.

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

I don't necessarily want Pitts, but I'll be pissed if a team in the NFCE winds up with him.

I’d be ok with drafting Pitts. I’m really scared of the thought of him going to Dallas or NYG, doubt he lands in range for WAS.

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I legitimately believe if they get another playmaker on the outside and get their oline built up this offseason that they could be a QB away in 2022 from making a massive jump. Hard to believe cause it’s Washington and Snyder 

Just now, Iggles25 said:

They almost did to TB last year. And that was with Heinicke at QB.

Their defense gave Brady the best run for his money.

I thought they did almost upset TB but couldn’t remember so I didn’t mention that.

Eagles need to figure out LT quickly or else Chase Young will terrorize us for many many years

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’d be ok with drafting Pitts. I’m really scared of the thought of him going to Dallas or NYG, doubt he lands in range for WAS.

I tend to think the bengals are in play for pitts if Sewell is off the board. If Sewell is gone and they don’t believe there’s a olineman at 5 worthy then they have to consider pitts with the fact they have Boyd and Higgins at wr. They could use a tight end that can also play some WR. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I legitimately believe if they get another playmaker on the outside and get their oline built up this offseason that they could be a QB away in 2022 from making a massive jump. Hard to believe cause it’s Washington and Snyder 

I agree with you. Snyder keeps me skeptical also but Rivera gives them a real stable leader in that building. If Parsons somehow falls to them, whewwwww. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to think the bengals are in play for pitts if Sewell is off the board. If Sewell is gone and they don’t believe there’s a olineman at 5 worthy then they have to consider pitts with the fact they have Boyd and Higgins at wr. They could use a tight end that can also play some WR. 

I think Bengals go Rashawn Slater or Sewell, one of the two will be there at 5. But you could be right. Pitts is biggest wildcard in this draft, could go as high as 3 probably. Every team except for the ones with glaring need at QB would have to strongly consider drafting him.

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

I agree with you. Snyder keeps me skeptical also but Rivera gives them a real stable leader in that building. If Parsons somehow falls to them, whewwwww. 

I think Bengals go Rashawn Slater or Sewell, one of the two will be there at 5. But you could be right. Pitts is biggest wildcard in this draft, could go as high as 3 probably. Every team except for the ones with glaring need at QB would have to strongly consider drafting him.

Tbh if I’m the bengals if i want slater i try to trade back. I believe they have to likely be before dallas at 10. I’m guessing someone like Carolina, Denver would move up to get a Qb if one was on the board. I think Carolina is going to try to move up for a QB i think most logical spots to do so are 3 or 5

5 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I thought they did almost upset TB but couldn’t remember so I didn’t mention that.

Eagles need to figure out LT quickly or else Chase Young will terrorize us for many many years

Yeah they were only down 18-16 going into the 4th quarter of that game. That D is legit. 

Really, really hope Mailata is the answer at LT. He could hold his own against the likes of Young.

Archived