Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

War is extremely profitable. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Infam said:

War is always ugly and no side stays innocent, but if there ever was an example of a war of good vs evil it was WWII.

The NSDAPs were about as evil as it gets, and thank god the US beat them or we'd all be living in the dark ages now.

NSDAPs? Lol the filter...

I agree ww2 was  necessary and as evil as the NSDAPs and Hitler were the US didn't see to get involved until the war directly affected the US as there were large groups of Americans including politicians and military officers whom supported Hitler.

That all changed after Pearl Harbor.

7 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Let's ignore the whole Iran hostage crisis and the decades that have followed since where Iran and their variously funded groups across the middle east attacking and killing US citizens/military perosnel and allies. 

You can thank the US  for all these terror groups popping up in foreign countries , we give them motivation , by all the killing we do , bombing their countries for no reason other than to benefit the US and big business , the propaganda here is no different than the propaganda in China or North Korea or Russia etc etc

Our government is no angel , and is as dirty as it gets

i can go on and on , with examples , but I would rather stick to football 

Just now, Original Sin said:

You can thank the US  for all these terror groups popping up in foreign countries , we give them motivation , but all the killing we do , bombing their countries for no reason other than to benefit the US and big business , the propaganda here is no different than the propaganda in China or North Korea or Russia etc etc

Our government is no angel , and is as dirty as it gets

i can go on and on , with examples , but I would rather stick to football 

Draft offensive line, not teenagers!

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Our government is no angel , and is as dirty as it gets

It's no angel, but it certainly is not as dirty as it gets in my book.

So... uh... yeah.  How about we get back to talking about what a bust Devonta Smith is gonna be?

 

 

6 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

One thing not talked about is that nearly as many Japanese civilians died in the firebombing of Tokyo as the attacks on Hiroshima. Were they not as dead because it wasn't a nuclear weapon? How many American and Allied lives were spared because the Japanese surrendered? You'd be fine with a minimum 40,000 Allied deaths if it spared the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I'd like to have seen you sell that to the American public in 1945.

Dropping an A bomb wasn't just about the amou t if people that died, one also has to consider the negative effects it had on future generations as the land was no longer viable for agriculture it killed off local ocean life abig part of japanese subsistence.

It wasn't just killing people it was killing the land and a way of life.

Just now, EricAllenPick6 said:

So... uh... yeah.  How about we get back to talking about what a bust Devonta Smith is gonna be?

Smith, the offensive rookie of the year 2021?

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Yet when Hitler was slaughtering people all over europe the US did nothing, in fact many americans at the time supported Hitler and the general consensus was to stay out of the war as it was none of our business and would be too expensive.

Instead we are force fed the narrative that the US is the savior of the world after they defeated the evil NSDAPs whom prior to PeArl harbor  the US was supportive of or indifferent.

Japan bombing pearl harbor forced the US into the war which japan obviously would later regret but the narrative that the US in all it's honor and glory saved the world out of the goodness of their heart is an agrandized story to drum up national pride when reality is the US didn't give a crap about hitler's war crimes and atrocities against half of europe and some even supported Hitler and nazism until it directly affected them.

It's sad all around, like I said war is sad and ugly and awful and sometimes necessary but still awful. 

 

Where is this narrative coming from? Because I've never been aware of it until now. It's always been my (and everyone I know) understanding that the US was dragged kicking and screaming. OK - it's not really kicking and screaming either. The US (american people) were in an isolationist frame of mind. But after the attack on Pearl that attitude had a complete 180. FDR used the revised attitude to send military to Europe as well. Anyone who actually studies history just a little (me - seriously JUST a little) is aware that the USA wanted no part in WWII. But FDR understood that if Hitler wasn't stopped it's possible we'd all be speaking German before long. 

On another note - is there any doubt in anyone's mind that if the Japanese had developed the bomb first, that they would have used it early and often. They would have dropped one on California with the hopes that everything East of the San Andreas would plunge into the Atlantic Ocean.

4 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

So... uh... yeah.  How about we get back to talking about what a bust Devonta Smith is gonna be?

 

 

This whole war conversation is entirely his fault, IMO

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Smith, the offensive rookie of the year 2021?

I think that will be Kyle Pitts or one of the QBs

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

You can thank the US  for all these terror groups popping up in foreign countries , we give them motivation , but all the killing we do , bombing their countries for no reason other than to benefit the US and big business , the propaganda here is no different than the propaganda in China or North Korea or Russia etc etc

Our government is no angel , and is as dirty as it gets

i can go on and on , with examples , but I would rather stick to football 

Yup if the US hates terrorist so much they should stop creating them...

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Smith, the offensive rookie of the year 2021?

Horn Defensive Rookie of the year for SB Champs Philadelphia Eagles!

Four more (voidable) years!

One of my favorites showing up

 

 
Update from pro-day. DE Payton Turner with 23 bench reps with 35 3/8 arms is one of more impressive numbers this spring. Also 35.5 VJ at 6054/268
1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

Where is this narrative coming from? Because I've never been aware of it until now. It's always been my (and everyone I know) understanding that the US was dragged kicking and screaming. OK - it's not really kicking and screaming either. The US (american people) were in an isolationist frame of mind. But after the attack on Pearl that attitude had a complete 180. FDR used the revised attitude to send military to Europe as well. Anyone who actually studies history just a little (me - seriously JUST a little) is aware that the USA wanted no part in WWII. But FDR understood that if Hitler wasn't stopped it's possible we'd all be speaking German before long. 

On another note - is there any doubt in anyone's mind that if the Japanese had developed the bomb first, that they would have used it early and often. They would have dropped one on California with the hopes that everything East of the San Andreas would plunge into the Atlantic Ocean.

I grew up with that narrative. Granted I am German so in my generation you heard more about this war than one would like as a kid, but hey.

See, this was a tough war that needed to be fought and won, but the even bigger victory was the foresight of the greatest generation to rebuild the former enemies. Of course you could say that this was only because of communism, but it changed the world as much as winning the war.

I will always be glad about what happened with my country after the fascist scum, and it is because of the right moves of the US first and foremost, however they were motivated. I like to think former enemies became friends and allies on the right side of history then, and hope it will remain like that forever.

58 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'm going to repeat this for the umpteenth time 

Teams can win the super bowl without allocating lots of resources to CB.

Drafting two corners in the first round in back to back drafts would constitute as allocating a high amount of resources to corner.

2017 Eagles won allocating the least amount of money to corner and one of the highest to safety.

Chiefs won with very average corner play and not a lot allocated to Corner 

The bucs top 3 corners were 2 Second round picks and a 3rd round pick.

I think the best value for corner will be in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Drafting first round corners hasn't shown to be the key to winning.

And while it would be nice to have all pro corners it's not necessary to winning.

 

 

I tend to agree.  Just got excited about the possibility of a few stud corners.

 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

Looks a bit too 90s for my taste.. 😄

1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

Where is this narrative coming from? Because I've never been aware of it until now. It's always been my (and everyone I know) understanding that the US was dragged kicking and screaming. OK - it's not really kicking and screaming either. The US (american people) were in an isolationist frame of mind. But after the attack on Pearl that attitude had a complete 180. FDR used the revised attitude to send military to Europe as well. Anyone who actually studies history just a little (me - seriously JUST a little) is aware that the USA wanted no part in WWII. But FDR understood that if Hitler wasn't stopped it's possible we'd all be speaking German before long. 

On another note - is there any doubt in anyone's mind that if the Japanese had developed the bomb first, that they would have used it early and often. They would have dropped one on California with the hopes that everything East of the San Andreas would plunge into the Atlantic Ocean.

None of what you talked about is taught in US history in K-12 schools.

Nor is it or was portrayed as such by popular media.

I was definitely never taught in any history class outside of college that the US were anything but the saviors of the world and if any thing to the contrary was mentioned it definitely wasnt more than paragraph in the whole history book.

Anyway why the heck are we talking About ww2 its not like there's nothing going on In the NFL this time of year.

I went to the draft , when it was held in Philly , purchased some real nice hats , I put them away , I don’t wear them.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Do you not think there would have been massive civilian casualties in a land invasion?  The entire mentality of Japan of that era is that they would die before surrendering.  Kamakazes were the original suicide bombers.  A land invasion would not have been a quick event. It would have added years to the war and casualties on a WW1 level. 

I think the biggest argument for the bomb is that the invasion would have been worse for the Japanese.  I think there is a question as to whether an invasion would have been necessary to make the Japanese surrender or whether unconditional surrender should have been the goal.  By 1944, the Japanese were effectively unable to really wage any war.  There may have been a solution that was a continued war of attrition that did not involve an invasion or atomic bombs.  I think that takes a lot of hindsight but it is a fair analysis.  I mean one of things we should do is learn from history and not take it has an unavoidable eventuality to repeat.  

1 minute ago, Infam said:

I grew up with that narrative. Granted I am German so in my generation you heard more about this war than one would like as a kid, but hey.

See, this was a tough war that needed to be fought and won, but the even bigger victory was the foresight of the greatest generation to rebuild the former enemies. Of course you could say that this was only because of communism, but it changed the world as much as winning the war.

I will always be glad about what happened with my country after the fascist scum, and it is because of the right moves of the US first and foremost, however they were motivated. I like to think former enemies became friends and allies on the right side of history then, and hope it will remain like that forever.

I served in the Army and was stationed in Augsburg in the late 80's. With regards to WWII it was like a tale of two countries - the WWII generation was happy that we (American military) were there but the younger generation (my generation) seemed oblivious to the events of WWII - had little to no knowledge of the holocaust. I don't really know percentages - most Germans my age that I met were indifferent to US presence - but there was a portion that were not happy at all that we were there. Saw us as an occupying force when really we were there working with the German military as added deterrent to hostile neighbors. I could get the "American Heroes" mentality from the older WWII generation - but that concept for the generations that followed is a bit strange to me.

1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

I served in the Army and was stationed in Augsburg in the late 80's. With regards to WWII it was like a tale of two countries - the WWII generation was happy that we (American military) were there but the younger generation (my generation) seemed oblivious to the events of WWII - had little to no knowledge of the holocaust. I don't really know percentages - most Germans my age that I met were indifferent to US presence - but there was a portion that were not happy at all that we were there. Saw us as an occupying force when really we were there working with the German military as added deterrent to hostile neighbors. I could get the "American Heroes" mentality from the older WWII generation - but that concept for the generations that followed is a bit strange to me.

Germany is a diverse country with all sorts of opinions, so I am not surprised you met people that cared more about rock music than history. But make no mistake there is a felt bond still even in my generation, and it has a lot to do with the stationed soldiers and their families.

I could tell you plenty of stories from my childhood and how much Americans living here influenced my life personally, but let's just say most Germans still feel overwhelmingly positive towards the US. Ok, in all fairness you heard it a lot more when Obama was president, because over here Trump was seen as a giant dope.. :whistle:

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

how about them hitting on this draft  class and i might purchase apparel again.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.