Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

19 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

One of my favorites showing up

 

 
Update from pro-day. DE Payton Turner with 23 bench reps with 35 3/8 arms is one of more impressive numbers this spring. Also 35.5 VJ at 6054/268

Is that Houston? Give us the Stevenson numbers.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

None of what you talked about is taught in US history in K-12 schools.

Nor is it or was portrayed as such by popular media.

I was definitely never taught in any history class outside of college that the US were anything but the saviors of the world and if any thing to the contrary was mentioned it definitely wasnt more than paragraph in the whole history book.

Anyway why the heck are we talking About ww2 its not like there's nothing going on In the NFL this time of year.

My recollection of US history class is different - but maybe because I grew up with parents that lived it - I always was more aware of what really happened - and maybe because that was true for most of my generation k-12 history was more of a soft sell on the subject. Comparatively - we were taught about manifest destiny but not about the near genocide that made it happen. We were taught about Indians taking scalps but not that they learned of taking scalp trophies from western invaders. Our history is terrible - and hidden from young students because they want us to grow up patriots - or so they say. But as a whole I'm glad the USA exists and that I live here and not anywhere else.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I'm going to repeat this for the umpteenth time 

Teams can win the super bowl without allocating lots of resources to CB.

Drafting two corners in the first round in back to back drafts would constitute as allocating a high amount of resources to corner.

2017 Eagles won allocating the least amount of money to corner and one of the highest to safety.

Chiefs won with very average corner play and not a lot allocated to Corner 

The bucs top 3 corners were 2 Second round picks and a 3rd round pick.

I think the best value for corner will be in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Drafting first round corners hasn't shown to be the key to winning.

And while it would be nice to have all pro corners it's not necessary to winning.

But that does not mean that teams that DO allocate lots of resources to CB WON'T win a super bowl.

I think Evans is the only WR taken in the first round in the last ten years to win a SB.

The only things I see as consistent parts of the " super bowl formula" are QB play and pressure on the QB.

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

Germany is a diverse country with all sorts of opinions, so I am not surprised you met people that cared more about rock music than history. But make no mistake there is a felt bond still even in my generation, and it has a lot to do with the stationed soldiers and their families.

I could tell you plenty of stories from my childhood and how much Americans living here influenced my life personally, but let's just say most Germans still feel overwhelmingly positive towards the US. Ok, in all fairness you heard it a lot more when Obama was president, because over here Trump was seen as a giant dope.. :whistle:

Here too by anyone with more than half a brain cell. (Doh! did I just type that out loud?)

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think the biggest argument for the bomb is that the invasion would have been worse for the Japanese.  I think there is a question as to whether an invasion would have been necessary to make the Japanese surrender or whether unconditional surrender should have been the goal.  By 1944, the Japanese were effectively unable to really wage any war.  There may have been a solution that was a continued war of attrition that did not involve an invasion or atomic bombs.  I think that takes a lot of hindsight but it is a fair analysis.  I mean one of things we should do is learn from history and not take it has an unavoidable eventuality to repeat.  

I think the biggest argument for the bomb is that the axis was working on one too. So there was a big incentive to end the war before they reach that goal.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Is that Houston? Give us the Stevenson numbers.

Yes Houston 

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

But that does not mean that teams that DO allocate lots of resources to CB WON'T win a super bowl.

I think Evans is the only WR taken in the first round in the last ten years to win a SB.

The only things I see as consistent parts of the " super bowl formula" are QB play and pressure on the QB.

Wait, what? Do you mean top 10? Because just "first round" there is way more.

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

None of what you talked about is taught in US history in K-12 schools.

Nor is it or was portrayed as such by popular media.

I was definitely never taught in any history class outside of college that the US were anything but the saviors of the world and if any thing to the contrary was mentioned it definitely wasnt more than paragraph in the whole history book.

Anyway why the heck are we talking About ww2 its not like there's nothing going on In the NFL this time of year.

I never got the savior of the world propaganda. Focus in HS was always on Pacific theater action, lend-lease, and the Eastern front.

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Everybody seems convinced that Dillard can't play right tackle because he sucked at it the one game he played right tackle. As I understand it, he was given like one day to prepare to play right tackle after having spent his entire football career playing left tackle. It's not like he had an entire preseason or even weeks to learn and practice the right tackle position. Might it make better sense to put Dillard at L. tackle because that's where he has played? Perhaps. I'll let the Eagles (Stoutland) make that decision.

He had 1 week.  He was also sufficiently horrific that I can’t fathom him being a backup swing tackle, let alone making RT his home as a starter.  
 

From a physical standpoint, he’s a better fit for the blind side.

39 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Dropping an A bomb wasn't just about the amou t if people that died, one also has to consider the negative effects it had on future generations as the land was no longer viable for agriculture it killed off local ocean life abig part of japanese subsistence.

It wasn't just killing people it was killing the land and a way of life.

You know that Hiroshima is a thriving city today, don't you?

10 minutes ago, TEW said:

I never got the savior of the world propaganda. Focus in HS was always on Pacific theater action, lend-lease, and the Eastern front.

I have a son who is HS class of 2010. Recently we were having an education discussion and I mentioned that I always that the approach to teaching history was all wrong. I'll save the specifics of that discussion and skip to the part where he laughed at me - not because he didn't agree with me (though I can't say for sure whether he did or not) but because I apparently had no idea what was being taught in history class today. I was told that HS history has been reduced to studies of slavery and Ann Frank - I thought he was being overly simplistic - but now I'm not so sure. If true I would blame standardized testing - well I'll blame that even if it isn't true.

Just now, eagle45 said:

He had 1 week.  He was also sufficiently horrific that I can’t fathom him being a backup swing tackle, let alone making RT his home as a starter.  
 

From a physical standpoint, he’s a better fit for the blind side.

I don't think there is any difference in physical requirements anymore.

He was terrible at RT, but he really trained for LT, had no offseason and then was thrown in there. I wouldn't say there is no hope Stout gets this fixed.

18 minutes ago, Infam said:

Germany is a diverse country with all sorts of opinions, so I am not surprised you met people that cared more about rock music than history. But make no mistake there is a felt bond still even in my generation, and it has a lot to do with the stationed soldiers and their families.

I could tell you plenty of stories from my childhood and how much Americans living here influenced my life personally, but let's just say most Germans still feel overwhelmingly positive towards the US. Ok, in all fairness you heard it a lot more when Obama was president, because over here Trump was seen as a giant dope.. :whistle:

what must other countries think of americans now after putting ass clown in the white house LOL

3 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

what must other countries think of americans now after putting ass clown in the white house LOL

"Thank god that idiot is gone now" pretty much sums up what almost every German says.. sorry.

16 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

But that does not mean that teams that DO allocate lots of resources to CB WON'T win a super bowl.

I think Evans is the only WR taken in the first round in the last ten years to win a SB.

The only things I see as consistent parts of the " super bowl formula" are QB play and pressure on the QB.

Yup. I'm not a fan of WR at 12 either.

And yes I agree getting pressure on qb is key to winning and sadly this is draft is pretty low on Top End DL talent.

I like few guys but don't think they are worth pick 12.

Honestly I'd rather trade down again, I think there is more value at bottom half of first and 2nd round than top half of draft.

Just now, Infam said:

"Thank god that idiot is gone now" pretty much sums up what almost every German says.. sorry.

i was talking about the ass clown in there now 

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

I don't think there is any difference in physical requirements anymore.

He was terrible at RT, but he really trained for LT, had no offseason and then was thrown in there. I wouldn't say there is no hope Stout gets this fixed.

No difference in physical requirements but I'm pretty sure technique is different.

1 minute ago, vaeagle2 said:

i was talking about the ass clown in there now 

I understood that. But people here are too busy to feel relieved that America is into politics again now to care about Biden much.

The world just witnessed the absolute worst president in US history , yes even worse than Nixon . 

39 minutes ago, Infam said:

Looks a bit too 90s for my taste.. 😄

Our draft probably will too.

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

The world just witnessed the absolute worst president in US history , yes even worse than Nixon . 

Shut up with that crap in here. This isn't CVON.

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Shut up with that crap in here.

Really, that is the tipping point after pages of discussion about war and terrorism ??

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Shut up with that crap in here.

Of all the off topic stuff being discussed today - this is where you draw the line? I hope this was in jest.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Really, that is the tipping point after pages of discussion about war and terrorism ??

beat me to it.

Just now, Nivraga said:

Of all the off topic stuff being discussed today - this is where you draw the line? I hope this was in jest.

beat me to it.

It was a quick response to those who were talking about orange man , moving along

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.