Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Just now, Original Sin said:

It was a quick response to those who were talking about orange man , moving along

So it was in jest ...

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Really, that is the tipping point after pages of discussion about war and terrorism ??

 Why didn't someone say something earlier? After coming in once to the US is evil BS I'm not it the mood to hear US politics. So yeah.

13 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Of all the off topic stuff being discussed today - this is where you draw the line? I hope this was in jest.

beat me to it.

I'm out west and only saw the war BS a bit ago and that was bad enough. Someone should have told people to STFU pages ago.

Future quality NFL starter 

image.thumb.jpeg.6e31a3e87a7839aea3d88f7b7f3d08b6.jpeg

14 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

You know that Hiroshima is a thriving city today, don't you?

Yup no thanks to the bombs,

Thankfully hiroshima and nagasaki recovered And the US even helped in the recovery effort.

What I find most astounding about japan is how cooperative and helpful the US and japan were with each other post war, as the US occupation forces helped japan rebuild their infrastructure and country and today it's a thriving country in which the US and japan are allies.

Really amazing that after we dropped two atomic bombs on them we would somehow end up as allies.

12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

 Why didn't someone say something earlier? And yeah it is.

It was the first statement I fully agreed with for the last few pages.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Yup no thanks to the bombs,

Thankfully hiroshima and nagasaki recovered And the US even helped in the recovery effort.

What I find most astounding about japan is how cooperative and helpful the US and japan were with each other post war, as the US occupation forces helped japan rebuild their infrastructure and country and today it's a thriving country in which the US and japan are allies.

Really amazing that after we dropped two atomic bombs on them we would somehow end up as allies.

They found out who really bombed them, the chicken and the cow. 

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup no thanks to the bombs,

Thankfully hiroshima and nagasaki recovered And the US even helped in the recovery effort.

What I find most astounding about japan is how cooperative and helpful the US and japan were with each other post war, as the US occupation forces helped japan rebuild their infrastructure and country and today it's a thriving country in which the US and japan are allies.

Really amazing that after we dropped two atomic bombs on them we would somehow end up as allies.

Don't underestimate China's role in that.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It was the first statement I fully agreed with for the last few pages.

Good. Take it to CVON with the last however many pages of the US sucks.

2 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Good. Take it to CVON with the last however many pages of the US sucks.

Just cause the last president sucked, does not mean the US sucks.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just cause the last president sucked, does not mean the US sucks.

Sky is blue. Back to the Eagles. 

3 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

As was Hamburg; the point is conventional bombing raids achieved similar results. If I remember correctly Hiroshima and Nagasaki were selected because they were one of the few Japanese cities that had not already been fire bombed, but they shared a similar fate as Tokyo where maybe 100,000 died. The difference was the efficiency of the atom bomb, which fortunately had the necessary psychological effect to end the war.

But history suggests that Lemay’s fire bombing of Tokyo and other cities had a larger psychological effect on the populace than the atom bomb. By the time the atom bomb was dropped, close to 75% of the bombing of Japan had been fire bombing as opposed to precision bombing. The atom bomb was the icing on the cake.  As to efficiency, it certainly was and it lessened the risk to American bomber crews. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just cause the last president sucked, does not mean the US sucks.

 

Your liberal buddy has been going off for pages how terrible the United States has been for the past century, how it was soo good for the United States to be attacked by the Japanese and how the United States deserves to be nuked by Iran.  There is your typical America hating liberalism right there. 

But yeah, good thing we have a dementia ridden pedophile in office now. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They found out who really bombed them, the chicken and the cow. 

I'm not sure what you are referencing here sorry🤷‍♂️

I am confident that the Romans would have judged that America used remarkable (and foolish) restraint when dealing with Japan in WWII.

 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Your liberal buddy has been going off for pages how terrible the United States has been for the past century, how it was soo good for the United States to be attacked by the Japanese and how the United States deserved to be nuked by Iran.  There is your typical America hating liberalism right there. 

But yeah, good thing we have a dementia ridden pedophile in office now. 

As opposed to a dementia ridden racist pedophile?

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'm not sure what you are referencing here sorry🤷‍♂️

It's all good, I didn't expect many to

 

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Don't underestimate China's role in that.

I'm by no means a history buff.

What was china's role in the recovery and why?

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's all good, I didn't expect many to

 

😂 😂😂

4 hours ago, justrelax said:

Not to defend the Dresden bombing, which was abhorent  and unjustified, but German historical records place the number of dead at about 25,000. The inflated figures of anywhere from 130,000 to 250,000 come from Holocaust deniers such as  David Irving. 

Yet Hamburg and Dresden get talked about a lot, yet Lemay’s fire bombing of Japan doesn’t and is dimmed further by the two atomic bombs dropped.  Racism was rampant as to the Japanese during WWII and continued into the fifties and even sixties.  When we were young (you and I), an item was disparaged as poorly and cheaply made by noting it was made in Japan.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

As opposed to a dementia ridden racist pedophile?

 

That still describes Biden perfectly. 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'm by no means a history buff.

What was china's role in the recovery and why?

I’m further from a history buff than you are.  I am assuming the US saw post-war Japan as a key geographic outpost for democracy on the doorstep of China.  A common enemy is a great unifier.

Just now, eagle45 said:

I’m further from a history buff than you are.  I am assuming the US saw post-war Japan as a key geographic outpost for democracy on the doorstep of China.  A common enemy is a great unifier.

Makes sense, I mean it's not like japan was full of oil😉

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

That still describes Biden perfectly.

So it was ok when it was the other dude but not ok for the current dude?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.