EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

What’s the point?

— "We’re looking for guys who are leaders, who live football, who are athletic, blah, blah”

— "We’re keeping all of our options open”

— "We’re open to trading back” "We’re open to trading up for the right player” "We’re comfortable that picking at #12 will give us the option to draft a quality player”

— "If there is a player available, whether it be a QB or otherwise, that we feel can make our team better — we will consider that option”

I thought you were going to say... until Lurie walks in and tells everyone to draft an unathletic skill player with cool political connections...

I'm trying to get excited about some of the guys on the current roster.  Watch the Quez Watkins college tape and you can see legit 4.35 speed.  If you ignore the name on the tape and just compare him to the WR coming out this year he still looks pretty impressive.  I still want a WR upgrade in the draft but I think Watkins has a shot.

Khalil Herbert was born with 12 fingers but had two surgically removed. He's off my board, should have kept those bad boys and he would never have fumbled. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Khalil Herbert was born with 12 fingers but had two surgically removed. He's off my board, should have kept those bad boys and he would never have fumbled. 

Was it a 6 per hand thing, or was one a 7 finger hand?  

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm trying to get excited about some of the guys on the current roster.  Watch the Quez Watkins college tape and you can see legit 4.35 speed.  If you ignore the name on the tape and just compare him to the WR coming out this year he still looks pretty impressive.  I still want a WR upgrade in the draft but I think Watkins has a shot.

Jason Avant said that Slay rode this kid relentlessly all year during practice when Watkins was on the scout team, and he kept working hard to get better. So that's a good sign. He made some plays at the end of the year, and should be really good in the new offense.  

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Plus you’d never get a too many men penalty; he’d have been able to count them all really easily 

Continuing watching some highlights.

What is Travis Fulgham?  I mean the guy dominated for 4 weeks.  He showed ridiculous body control, hand catches and strength to push CB around.  Was his decline 100% due to Alshon coming back?  Did he dip back into bad habits?  Man, if he's anything close to what he showed when starting that could be a great thing.

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I hope he at least kept them as souvenirs to freak people the F out.  Right guys?  

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What is Travis Fulgham?  I mean the guy dominated for 4 weeks.  He showed ridiculous body control, hand catches and strength to push CB around.  Was his decline 100% due to Alshon coming back?  Did he dip back into bad habits?  Man, if he's anything close to what he showed when starting that could be a great thing.

I'm in 'show me' mode with him.  

45 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Was it a 6 per hand thing, or was one a 7 finger hand?  

10 and 2

No, it was 6 on each, one extra pinky on each hand. 

33 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I hope he at least kept them as souvenirs to freak people the F out.  Right guys?  

He would be the life of the party with the "pull my finger” gag

34 minutes ago, hputenis said:

No not right, please fight me 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The puppet show will start at 11:21am.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We all know that only one of those 3 actually counts as Eagles brass.

Siri probably has as much say in this draft as the blog.

1 minute ago, olsilverhair said:

No not right, please fight me 

One Pathetic Loser GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I think he’s the most interesting non-hyped young player on the team.  He also made the most of his sparse opportunity last year, which is more than can be said for almost any young player on the team.

If Quez could catch, he might be a player. He doesn't have the hands right now at least.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

If Quez could catch, he might be a player. He doesn't have the hands right now at least.

I don't even feel like Quez got much of a chance last year, and when he did (without Doug calling the worst play on earth), he showed plenty of talent.  Are you mistaking him for Hightower?  Bc he definitely can't catch.  

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I don't even feel like Quez got much of a chance last year, and when he did (without Doug calling the worst play on earth), he showed plenty of talent.  Are you mistaking him for Hightower?  Bc he definitely can't catch.  

Hightower has really bad hands. Quez had rough hands in college and had a few drops for us last season.

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie has a path. Trade up to #8 and then he can trade #8 to the Dolphins who are looking for a small trade back from #6. 

Who do you want at 6 that won’t be available at 8 and significantly better than who will be available at 8?

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Caplan said he suffered an injury which hindered his play 

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

10 and 2

No, it was 6 on each, one extra pinky on each hand. 

Did he kill Indigo Montoya's father?

Archived