Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/andre-dillard/32004449-4c18-6167-8a82-fd2a79031894

https://www.phillyvoice.com/grading-eagles-selection-andre-dillard/

https://sny.tv/articles/scouting-report-for-nfl-draft-prospect-andre-dillard-is-he-jets-best-tackle-option

The "character issues" only arose after he struggled as a rookie, especially when asked to play on the right side, where he had almost zero experience. Wouldn't be the first player to get depressed when the transition to the pro game was tougher than expected. There were no reports anywhere of character issues pre-draft.

 

The character issues started to surface during training camp of his rookie year. The Eagles put next to no pre-draft work into Dillard prior to drafting him.  He started to drop like a rock in the draft for a reason, that reason apparent to the teams that did their homework on him but not the Eagles at the time. An absolute disaster of a move by Roseman. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Both made plays against each other. 

 

 

Anything but Trey Lance 

He isn’t trucking anyone in the NFL

Im fine with Smith Horn or Waddle, Horn being the favorite.

16 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:
 
XPasefzB_bigger.jpg
 
PFF
 
Only WR to ever record 50+ yards in a game against Jaycee Horn DeVonta Smith (60)
 
 

Image

 

Not sure that is beating his a$$

It's not. 

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Both made plays against each other. 

 

 

Horn made 1 play lmfao 

Former NFL corner on a corner I know nothing about. 

56 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Anyone doubting Smith to me is absolutely clueless. What did Smith due to Jaycee Horn, the best ras corner of all time? He beat his ass

What did Smith do to literally every single corner he went up against?

If we pass on him because he's skinny I will have 0 hope for this team 

I'm the analytics and athletic guy, and even I can see for DeVonta Smith it's totally irrelevant 

TATE before the draft: "Smith isn't even 170lb, no way he would survive in the NFL. Todd Pinkston 2.0. Pass"

TATE after Smith becomes a star: "The guy dominated the most psychical conference in the country, he destroyed every defense he played against, why would you doubt his physicality"

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Both made plays against each other. 

 

 

I was going to post this.  They battled for sure.  No clear cut winner, just great players going against each other. 

Smith without a doubt has a knack for making great catches and making them look easy.  He's a willing blocker.  Still, that frame just scares the crap out of me.  It's just my opinion.  I really think the next tier WR group is just as solid and they all have explosive traits.

The more I watch Rashod Bateman the more I really like his game.  He's a guy who was listed at 6-2 210 but is "only" 6-0 190.  He's smooth, a hands catcher and he just separates from guys.  Really fun player to watch.

 

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

TATE before the draft: "Smith isn't even 170lb, no way he would survive in the NFL. Todd Pinkston 2.0. Pass"

TATE after Smith becomes a star: "The guy dominated the mos psychical conference in the country, he destroyed every defense he played against, why would you have doubts about his physicality"

If Smith becomes a star I'll eat crow but I think there are other WR in the draft that can have a huge impact and help the Eagles.  

I still think Smith ends up best WO of the first rd picks .

as for Collins adding weight , apparently some teams see him playing edge , which I can see , or 34 olb , I don’t see him in a 43 as a backer 

59 minutes ago, RLC said:

Devonta Smith at 12 is fair value. The greatest WR season. High-end character.  A true outlier. You're also terrified to draft him. I'm really, really hoping he goes in the top 11 so we don't have to make that decision.

Smith makes the most sense for a win now team, he's NFL ready from the get-go, and if your window is 2-3 years, you're not as concerned about long-term durability.

Lol there's so many "Fire Howie" in the facebook live

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I still think Smith ends up best WO of the first rd picks .

as for Collins adding weight , apparently some teams see him playing edge , which I can see , or 34 olb , I don’t see him in a 43 as a backer 

I don't know, we didn't have the benefit of watching Jamar Chase this year so it's easy to forget how dominant he was....at 19.

We can talk all we want about Smith dominating the SEC at 166.  Chase dominated the SEC when he was 19.  That's crazy to think about. 

I think Chase is the top dog out of this draft and will be the best based off of his measurables and game tape.

 

I'm 100% on board with going defense in round 1 and a WR at 37.

 

As far as Collins goes.  270 is nuts.  If he bulks up to play edge I think that's a mistake.  He's so good in coverage you'd be taking away from his game.  Maybe he doesn't want to cover in the NFL?  Who knows.  It's like the opposite of Chris Gocong. 

 

Howie tipping his hand perhaps? 🤔

32 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

The character issues started to surface during training camp of his rookie year. The Eagles put next to no pre-draft work into Dillard prior to drafting him.  He started to drop like a rock in the draft for a reason, that reason apparent to the teams that did their homework on him but not the Eagles at the time. An absolute disaster of a move by Roseman. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-andre-dillard-jeff-stoutland-growth-jason-peters

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-training-camp-andre-dillard-jeff-stoutland-jason-peters-offensive-line-20190724.html

https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/2019/06/one-last-phone-call-from-jeff-stoutland-helped-connect-andre-dillard-philadelphia-eagles.html

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-ol-coach-jeff-stoutlands-many-thoughts-andre-dillard/

Turned on the presser.

Heard Spadaro asking question. 

Turned off the presser.

 

 

3 minutes ago, metal said:

 

Howie tipping his hand perhaps? 🤔

Well if what they say is true and the back half of the draft is empty this year, it's the perfect year to use those late rounders to move up.

Howie keeps dodging the question of if Hurts will be the starter, and after the third time the question is asked he passed it off to Nick who dodged the question lol.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie keeps dodging the question of if Hurts will be the starter, and after the third time the question is asked he passed it off to Nick who dodged the question lol.

In my book (dream), that is a positive indication that maybe they have a starting QB in mind.  I can dream, right?

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't know, we didn't have the benefit of watching Jamar Chase this year so it's easy to forget how dominant he was....at 19.

We can talk all we want about Smith dominating the SEC at 166.  Chase dominated the SEC when he was 19.  That's crazy to think about. 

I think Chase is the top dog out of this draft and will be the best based off of his measurables and game tape.

I'm 100% on board with going defense in round 1 and a WR at 37.

As far as Collins goes.  270 is nuts.  If he bulks up to play edge I think that's a mistake.  He's so good in coverage you'd be taking away from his game.  Maybe he doesn't want to cover in the NFL?  Who knows.  It's like the opposite of Chris Gocong. 

Collins sounds like the perfect SAM who stays on the field in the two LB formation.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie keeps dodging the question of if Hurts will be the starter, and after the third time the question is asked he passed it off to Nick who dodged the question lol.

Sirianni gave the right answer.

Sirianni is a lunatic lol 

 

15 minutes ago, metal said:

 

Howie tipping his hand perhaps? 🤔

Nah. You don't know what you're gonna do on draft day. It's always a fluid situation.

And in this draft, those later round picks are an opportunity to grab high upside guys that would normally drop to the UDFA market.

I think it's more about the ability to target a couple dozen guys on the third day, and to move up and down and grab as many as possible.

how many lines did Siriani do this morning?

Just now, bpac55 said:

how many lines did Siriani do this morning?

I thought he'd be a stoner from his resting stoned face but it turns out he snorts cocaine for breakfast.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.