Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

44 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Also per Breer...

The Bears did actually call the Cowboys about the 10th pick, and a determining factor for Dallas was how far it was willing to go back.

The Cowboys effed up. 

Jones wanted Parsons, he got his guy.  Time and time again, right or wrong, Jones loves him some Linebackers, and he got the best one.    Seeing that dude twice a year will suck. 
 Seeing Davis go off the board at 19 proves his point, that dude is another guy that’s gonna suck to play against, he’s 6’3” 235 and can cover.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

I don't care if Barry Sanders is available at pick 37, I'm not taking RB.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Especially in the middle of the field if they want to run crossers

You know how I feel about our QB situation.   He's a likeable guy....an exciting player to watch....but we aren't winning behind that arm.   Howie and the staff is going to have to put tons of talent around him (not there yet) and scheme the hell out of the other team (ability not known yet), or we lose alot of games.  

5 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

So you acknowledge it's at least a two year rebuild yet want to spend the 37th pick on a running back that will be useless after their four year rookie contract expires.  Makes total sense.

Guy just turned 21 this week.  I know it's popular to think all RB are trash after their first contract but he'll only be 25 after sharing the load for 2 seasons.  Take time to think before jumping on the popular narrative.  Alvin Kamara turns 26 this year and he's as good as they get still. 

To put that in perspective, the Steelers took Najee Harris, who is 23.  Yes, once his contract is up and he's 28 then the argument makes more sense.

I also said offensive weapons.  Moore, Moore, Marshall

These are some guys I would stay away from at 37

Azeez Ojulari - Better fit as a 3-4 OLB and supposedly has degenerative knee issues

Nick Bolton - 5'11 LB's who can't cover should not be drafted early in the second round

Carlos Basham - He will be 24 during the season, no FN thanks

When's the last time the Eagles' first two draft picks started week 1? Serious questions. 

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

I don't care if Barry Sanders is available at pick 37, I'm not taking RB.

I'd take Barry Sanders at 37 without pause.  I couldn't run the card up there fast enough..

C96AD8E0-F8AA-4EAB-BDAA-D7EF8FCA4DD7.jpeg

15 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

 

Travels with a bodyguard?  As a top 10 pick should be.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Guy just turned 21 this week.  I know it's popular to think all RB are trash after their first contract but he'll only be 25 after sharing the load for 2 seasons.  Take time to think before jumping on the popular narrative.  Alvin Kamara turns 26 this year and he's as good as they get still. 

To put that in perspective, the Steelers took Najee Harris, who is 23.  Yes, once his contract is up and he's 28 then the argument makes more sense.

I also said offensive weapons.  Moore, Moore, Marshall

It's not just because he will likely be toast physically - by the way 25 is still old for a running back, Jordan Howard is only 26.  It's because it makes no sense to pay the second contract to a RB when a much cheaper replacement in the draft will always be available.  

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'd take Barry Sanders at 37 without pause.  I couldn't run the card up there fast enough..

Glad you aren't drafting.

4 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Jones wanted Parsons, he got his guy.  Time and time again, right or wrong, Jones loves him some Linebackers, and he got the best one.    Seeing that dude twice a year will suck. 
 Seeing Davis go off the board at 19 proves his point, that dude is another guy that’s gonna suck to play against, he’s 6’3” 235 and can cover.  

The Eagles and Cowboys both won big in that trade and in the process the Giants got Fed. Serves them right for all of the whining they did after the Eagles tanked week 17.

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

When's the last time the Eagles' first two draft picks started week 1? Serious questions. 

If they take JOK, Moehrig, or a corner it's going to happen.

1 minute ago, Peppersmacks said:

It's not just because he will likely be toast physically - by the way 25 is still old for a running back, Jordan Howard is only 26.  It's because it makes no sense to pay the second contract to a RB when a much cheaper replacement in the draft will always be available.  

For the most part I agree.

If you had Alvin Kamara, would you not pay him because a cheaper guy is available?  Sometimes a talent comes around good enough to keep around.  There are many experts out there saying Williams is just that.  

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Glad you aren't drafting.

I would take Barry Sanders at pick 37 even if he was only Barry Sanders for 3 years.... Did you not watch him play?! 

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

When's the last time the Eagles' first two draft picks started week 1? Serious questions. 

Graham and Allen. 

Had to look it up, I thought there were a few more recent options like Johnson and Ertz or Cox and Kendricks but they weren't week 1 starters. 

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I don't care if Barry Sanders is available at pick 37, I'm not taking RB.

You would be the 1 out of 1 million who wouldnt take him then. 

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Glad you aren't drafting.

LOL.  Same to you.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

For the most part I agree.

If you had Alvin Kamara, would you not pay him because a cheaper guy is available?  Sometimes a talent comes around good enough to keep around.  There are many experts out there saying Williams is just that.  

Honestly, I wouldn't.  I just don't think it ever makes sense.  Look at Zeke - would you even want him on that contract?  A good running game is 100x more about the offensive line than it is the running back.  Paying $10 million plus to a running back is just not a good use of resources.

With the salary cap and FA structure being what it is I tend to think of players as being more transient anyway.  The majority of players a team drafts are gone after their rookie deal.  Age of the prospect isn’t a deal breaker for me.  Sure, if you can get a stud player like Kyle Pitts who is only 20 years old that’s great — but a guy being 23 doesn’t really put me off that much.

Two 4-year deals, and the player is just about washed anyway — whether he’s 29 or 31

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Graham and Allen. 

Had to look it up, I thought there were a few more recent options like Johnson and Ertz or Cox and Kendricks but they weren't week 1 starters. 

Graham started week 1?! I thought we had Cole and Babin in 2010? 

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Same to you.

I would assume hes the type of guy that goes out to dinner at a fine steak house and orders a salad when everyone else gets the filet and lobster

44 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

As I just stated...I believe that the Cowboys may have taken the Chicago deal had we not made them an offer to only drop to #12.

So the hypothetical of us staying at #12 to take the Chicago offer wouldn't have been a possibility.

Boggles my mind why anybody wouldn’t take the trade back for that value Dallas, Giants and Eagles included especially if your main target was off the table. Even if he was there unless it’s a QB you love I think you take it. I’d have to get the idea that Dallas was offered a similar package to move to 20 before I give Howie a pass. Right now on paper we could have had Smith at 12 with 84 still intact. Now very likely since I think Howie is a bright guy, the offer was made initially to the Giants AFTER our trade with Dallas so I guess water under the bridge. We unknowingly overpaid and Chicago it seems probably traded up more than needed wasting valuable draft capital. Not much for trading up ... ever but for sure during a rebuild. Trading back ? Bring it on. Stay at 12 we got Smith or Slater or 20 + 2022 mid or evenlower 1st

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I don't care if Barry Sanders is available at pick 37, I'm not taking RB.

I'd take Barry Sanders at 37.... and then immediately trade him to a dinosaur like Gettleman for four 1st round picks.

Not surprising. DBs going that early isn't great for us. Rooting for WRs/RBs.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.