EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT CARSON WENTZ? 

Because .... if you express concerns about Hurts’ play thus far it automatically means you hate Hurts ..... and since you hate Hurts, you have to love someone else .... and since you love someone else it has to be the last guy who had the job ..... so that means to get back at the people who hate Hurts, then Wentz must become hated in retaliation — since he was the last guy in the job .....

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Because .... if you express concerns about Hurts’ play thus far it automatically means you hate Hurts ..... and since you hate Hurts, you have to love someone else .... and since you love someone else it has to be the last guy who had the job ..... so that means to get back at the people who hate Hurts, then Wentz must become hated in retaliation — since he was the last guy in the job .....

Correction. Sudfeld was the last guy with the job 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.1d72bec1b3aba5d67c28fc5bbfdedf43.gif

His first few posts gave it away, then his reply to me calling him out on it sealed it. :) Hes not to bright. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT CARSON WENTZ? 

Wentz haters come out whenever someone mentions how bad Hurts played

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Correction. Sudfeld was the last guy with the job 

Yeah, but if someone says anything meant to convey that Sudfeld is a good QB, they’re also required by law to add this:

image.gif.5cfb8e6312880fef8d6c6f4b3920b80d.gif

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

His first few posts gave it away, then his reply to me calling him out on it sealed it. :) Hes not to bright. 

Yea, gif was meant to be sarcastic. Within 2 posts there’s a random Bigfoot video, who the f could this be??? 

When it comes to Jalen Hurts I think the most important thing is asking ourselves, what do we need him to be in order for the Eagles to be a SB contending team.

We won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles, who is anything but a franchise quarterback.  Heck, look at Nick's 27 TD- 2 INT season.  You would think quarterback play like that is good enough to win a SB and they lost in the Wildcard Round.  No thanks to special teams.  Point I'm trying to make is if you have a quarterback performing at that level you would think he can get it done.  I also know it takes more than a stat line to be a great quarterback.

Now let's look at 2017.  Carson had 60% completion percentage, 33 TD 7 INT and nearly 3,300 yards in 13 games.  I don't expect Hurts to hit those numbers.  DP and Frank Reich called the perfect offense in 2017.  They took the right shots when it mattered, dialed up 4th down calls at the right time....everything went right.  

In 4 games, as a rookie, with trash play calling and next to nothing to throw to, Hurts had a 52% completion percentage, 6 TD 4 INT and almost 1,100 yards.  

Can Hurts get his completion percentage from 52% up to 60%?    I'm not sure if there's any way to find college to pro % translations but as a JR at Bama he had 73% completion and 69.7% as a senior at Oklahoma.  I think in year 2 we can expect a big jump here from Hurts.  

Hurts has so much you love in a player.  He's a leader of men, a proven winner and passionate about the game.  I honestly have no idea what we have in Hurts.  He's another player who's easy to cheer for and you want him to do well. I want him to be the guy so we don't have another year of QB questions followed by another offseason of who are the Eagles going to trade for and so on.  I want those potential 3 1st round picks to be used during the draft, not to acquire a QB.  

I loved Carson Wentz but was anything but a Wentz washer.  I think the Eagles did him dirty but I also think he should have sacked up and handled things better.  He's gone and Hurts is our guy.  Let's hope he proves it was the right choice.

3 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

I'm not a Wentz hater. I liked Carson. 

I'm just saying "even I " have to accept that as of May 21, 2021 Carson Wentz has never won a gosh darn thing. 

Not in College, not in the Pros, did he win something in high school in North Dakota?  Not exactly CB West. 

Wentz led NDSU to a 15–1 record. On January 10, 2015, he started in his first national championship game against Illinois State and passed for 287 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 87 yards and scored a touchdown on a five-yard run to give North Dakota State the lead with 37 seconds left. NDSU won their fourth consecutive NCAA Division I Football Championship game, 29–27.

On January 9, 2016, Wentz led the Bison to its fifth straight FCS title, running for two touchdowns and throwing for a third.[22] He was named the NCAA Division I-AA Championship Game Most Outstanding Player for the second straight year.

2 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. 

Penn State would have beaten them by 40 . 

I no longer think you are just a youngster. I'm going with moron.

More reasons why I hate the moves the Cowboys make.  Just noticed that they signed TJ Vasher as and UDFA.  He's a guy a lot of us were targeting in the later rounds.  

Simi Fehoko and Vasher were two of the big WR I really liked this year and both now in Dallas.  Ugh. 

9 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

Face a simple fact. And none of this is a detraction on Ginger Jesus. 

But the simple fact as of May 2021 is the following,  Carson did not pan out here. We wish him the best. 

And "officially" although he was a great contributor on the 2017 team and will always be remembered as a part of a Championship club, as he should be. 

Officially, as of today, Carson Wentz has ZERO playoff wins in the NFL .  Not one. 

Phil Simms puts him to shame. Ben Roethlisberger  ? He's not even in the conversation. 

He's basically David Carr at this point. He's not freakin Troy Aikman.  Heck he's not even Dan Marino but he's a close comparison. 

I'd give him a slight nod but at THIS point in his career, Ginger Jesus is Jeff George. Sorry if the truth Hurts

Shocker how you been?! 

45 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

When it comes to Jalen Hurts I think the most important thing is asking ourselves, what do we need him to be in order for the Eagles to be a SB contending team.

We won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles, who is anything but a franchise quarterback. 

We needed Nick Foles to outplay the greatest QB of all time in the greatest playoff game the GOAT ever played. 

Eli Manning and Joe Flacco...not exactly perfect qbs.  But in their SB runs...they were incredible.

So, to win a super bowl, one can either hope to get lucky that an unspectacular QB randomly puts on a cape and turns into Superman for a 3 game stretch, or one can strive for a higher end qb who does that at baseline.

Nick Foles may be a journeyman, but his performance in the NFCCG and SB aren’t exactly evidence that you don’t need great qbs to win.  You either need a great qb or an ordinary one who somehow unexpectedly becomes great.  

1 hour ago, DireWolf said:

I'm just trying to get people to accept Carson Wentz's actual accomplishments "as an Eagle".  Obviously it's a touchy subject. But in reality Jaworski did more "as an Eagle" .

You can not give Carson Wentz CREDIT for the 2017 title. He was a great contributor to the team. 

But you can't say FOR CERTAIN, they wouldn't have won it without him. 

Oh for F sake.  "Trying to get people to accept”?  None of the people you are addressing has said anything about Carson winning a playoff game.  Since you are a newb and they aren’t to the blog, I will assure you that the credit Wentz gets towards helping the Eagles get to the Super Bowl is pretty much accepted fact in here.  But so is the impact of many others.  But the adaptation the coaches made for Foles and probably a bit of the success they had with that was unique to the playoff run.  The Eagles used that same adaptation the start of 2018 with less success, probably because teams had longer to prepare for it.  So to suggest any kind of likelihood that the Eagles have that kind of success, without the home field advantage gained by Wentz play is a fool’s argument. 

22 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

MESSAGE BOARD hot take. 

" Landon Dickerson has "RED FLAGS" due to injury concerns. "   What did some **** from ESPN report that? I don't have cable hahahaha 

Somebody who actually watches SEC Football 

" Uh Dickerson is one mean nasty dude who's got 10 year Pro Bowl written all over him " 

Every expert says 10 year pro bowler....IF he can stay healthy. Even experts note his injury history 

1 hour ago, DireWolf said:

You're clueless.  If you think North Dakota State could have beaten anybody in the SEC, or Big Ten "on a regular basis" let alone for any kind of TITLE. 

It's absurd. 

North Dakota State - The Carson years would have finished no better than 8th in the ACC 

Well they've consistently won when asked to play Power 5 schools.  Likely would have beat Oregon last year if COVID wouldn't have happened as well.  So you should stop while you're ahead.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/fcs-wins-vs-fbs-teams-all-time-victories-upsets

4 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

Agreed. I'm kind of in the dark. I don't have cable . In the offseason, I just watch streaming services. 

So if I say something against what they're reporting it's just because I literally have not seen it. 

Wait Wait .. You're citing OREGON as your example of a Division 1 program... LOL the Pac 10 doesn't count. 

North Dakota State 23-21 No. 13 Iowa

5 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Well they've consistently won when asked to play Power 5 schools.  Likely would have beat Oregon last year if COVID wouldn't have happened as well.  So you should stop while you're ahead.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/fcs-wins-vs-fbs-teams-all-time-victories-upsets

That list doesn't really help your case at all, they did beat Iowa one year ranked #13, the rest are like central Michigan and schools like that. They would have close to zero chance against top power 5 schools. Most SEC teams would use North Dakota State as a warm up game and beat them by 50

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I honestly don't even know who our assistant OL coach is now. Wonder why he was let go

Guest justrelax
21 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

lol   Well, I teach science not grammar.  

Well, I do neither so you’re way ahead of me. Just write a lot and not always well.

21 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

lol   Well, I teach science not grammar.  

What age/grade?

Archived