EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

18 hours ago, DireWolf said:

And seriously, in what Universe do people really not think that "privately" if Howie had it to do "all over again" , he wouldn't have definitely dealt Carson that off season.

Of course he would have. 

Your use of quotations in all of the improper places really help drive the emphasis home for me.  Do you think BigFoot was a hoax?  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

He’s allegedly friends with Chung, so it’s more about that than virtue signaling. Cool buzzword though. 

He did his friend a disservice by his attack on Roy Itsvan.  It was unwarranted and mean in attacking both his character and his coaching.  My mom always said, you don’t build someone up by belittling someone else.  HonestNFL should be better than that post.  And with all due respect, the Eagles did Chung a great service offering him the opportunity to coach under two of the best OL coaches in the business.  That no one has hired Chung since is not necessarily discrimination but may rather reflect what he did with that opportunity but the Eagles gave him a chance twice.  

3 hours ago, Nivraga said:

For the record - I'm in agreement that it was a mistake to promote Juan directly form OL coach to DC - flipping to the other side should have been a gradual process where he spent a couple years as assistant DC or something. BUT - Juan's defense was top 15 across the board and top 10 in many important categories with arguably the worst back seven in the NFL at the time. That was also the lockout year so Juan didn't have an offseason that is especially vital for new coaches.

Juan got a bad hand to be sure.

15 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Has Alshon signed anywhere? He’s low key someone I could see the Eagles bringing back at some point. Don’t agree with it but it would not shock me. 

E5DBFFBC-CFBD-48B0-99AD-6966A6CDCA81.gif

15 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Flacco will see a lot of playing time when we see hurtz play a few games

AB0C38F9-FF14-41AB-8FCA-A24ACA2A40AA.gif

11 minutes ago, pangbun said:

AB0C38F9-FF14-41AB-8FCA-A24ACA2A40AA.gif

ok bangbut

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dumbest thought shared tonight.  And that’s saying something.  I expect a little better from a varsity lettermen.  

If Hurts deserves a season at QB for his draft status, Reagor does too. We need Reagor, Smith, Fulgham, Watkins and Hightower to get every snap they can get, to figure out what we have. We aren’t in a position to need washed up vets to take away snaps from young dudes. We need to figure out what we have. There’s too many WRs to evaluate. 

Man it's nice to hear a loud Sixers crowd and Marc Zumov saying "And they're on their feet here at the Wells Fargo Center" again. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

@EaglePhan1986

Looks like someone is in town 

I think they're just showing Eagles support from previous games, unless Devonta Smith only owns one outfit.

36 minutes ago, blindside said:

If Hurts deserves a season at QB for his draft status, Reagor does too. We need Reagor, Smith, Fulgham, Watkins and Hightower to get every snap they can get, to figure out what we have. We aren’t in a position to need washed up vets to take away snaps from young dudes. We need to figure out what we have. There’s too many WRs to evaluate. 

Reagor will be around for 4 years, minimum.  Agholor stunk so badly his first two seasons, emerged from his tomb to look adequate for a couple of seasons, then resumed stinking again in 2019 while stealing almost $10M from Howie picking up his 5th year option.

Not sure what Hightower and Watkins offer at this point.  They are both late-round picks, and if they don’t demand increased snaps by virtue of their play this season they’ll both likely be flushed out.  Fulgham will get lots of snaps to start the season and we’ll have to see if he’s actually Jekyll or Hyde.  I doubt his job is secure.

I don't see much future for Hightower.  He's a body catcher, body catchers aren't worthwhile at WR.  I think Watkins has a chance to be something but apparently there are some character concerns with him.  

I think the battle between Fulgham and Watkins this season will be one to watch to see who becomes the 3rd WR in the pecking order on the team. 

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Reagor will be around for 4 years, minimum.  Agholor stunk so badly his first two seasons, emerged from his tomb to look adequate for a couple of seasons, then resumed stinking again in 2019 while stealing almost $10M from Howie picking up his 5th year option.

Not sure what Hightower and Watkins offer at this point.  They are both late-round picks, and if they don’t demand increased snaps by virtue of their play this season they’ll both likely be flushed out.  Fulgham will get lots of snaps to start the season and we’ll have to see if he’s actually Jekyll or Hyde.  I doubt his job is secure.

So much hate for Hightower and Watkins... the coaching staff was in shambles, the QB position erratic, the OL was destroyed, rookie year, COVID disrupted the offseason, etc.   How can anyone evaluate them based on anything they saw last year.   They are both young, they can improve.

Watching Ben Simmons shoot foul shots makes me sad.   How can a guy so athletic be so bad at foul shooting?  0-6 for the game.  How is that possible for a professional basketball player?

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Watching Ben Simmons shoot foul shots makes me sad.   How can a guy so athletic be so bad at foul shooting?  0-6 for the game.  How is that possible for a professional basketball player?

As long as the Sixers continue to get good officiating (see Westbrook OOB), it won't matter. 

Just now, RLC said:

As long as the Sixers continue to get good officiating (see Westbrook OOB), it won't matter. 

I'm not talking about this series, or any series... I'm talking about the game of basketball.  Foul shooting is as basic a skill as it comes.   I'm not asking for 90% or anything crazy.... but higher than 0% would be nice.  

Embiid 12-13 from the charity stripe.   Thank God.  

Embiid sealed it with those 2.   Harris can put the exclamation point on it.

37 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think they're just showing Eagles support from previous games, unless Devonta Smith only owns one outfit.

I think it's previous games too

40 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Way to kill a young boys dream

image.thumb.jpeg.c3f52346ea1a9e9acf17f2b3078467f6.jpeg

18 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't see much future for Hightower.  He's a body catcher, body catchers aren't worthwhile at WR.  I think Watkins has a chance to be something but apparently there are some character concerns with him.  

I think the battle between Fulgham and Watkins this season will be one to watch to see who becomes the 3rd WR in the pecking order on the team. 

Yeah, Hightower, for as a fast as his is doesn't excite me as a prospect at all.  Wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the team.

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm not talking about this series, or any series... I'm talking about the game of basketball.  Foul shooting is as basic a skill as it comes.   I'm not asking for 90% or anything crazy.... but higher than 0% would be nice.  

I never understood that either. I haven’t shot a basketball in 10 years and could probably hit 5/10 right now with no warmup. 

10 minutes ago, blindside said:

I never understood that either. I haven’t shot a basketball in 10 years and could probably hit 5/10 right now with no warmup. 

I wonder how much some of these guys actually work on their FT's in practice.

31 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And yet every offseason there is a video of him draining 15 3’s in a row.  I think we can officially say those were photo shopped and will go down in history with Pinkston’s 8-10lb annual muscle gains.

12 minutes ago, blindside said:

It's really basic.  I don't care about his 3 point attempts, is willingness or unwillingness to shoot from the field.   But, I can't watch a professional basketball player take a donut from the foul line.  I mean, that's ridiculous.  Sure... it was just one game, but that's more embarrassing to me than a guy that strikes out 4 or even 5 times in a baseball game.

Archived