EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

8 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

A career back up who cant keep a starting job out dueling the greatest ever isnt Luck. 

Hoagie mouths, every where. 

Even though this post is largely incoherent, I think the point you're attempting to make is that the Eagles were lucky to win that game because Foles outdueled Brady.

Well, first of all, Brady actually played better in that game than Foles did. 505 yards compared to 373. Passer rating of 115.4 vs 106.1. It was the Eagles TEAM which beat the Patriots TEAM.  But more to the point, it appears to me that what your'e attempting to do is to argue that the Eagles won the game because they were lucky...and then argue that the proof that they were lucky is because they won the game. It's called circular logic. It's what dumb people attempt to do to prove a point.

So I'm not surprised you're doing that.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Ok Hoagie Mouth. Eagles went 17-0 and dominated everyone. No luck involved what so ever. 

brain - Create meme - Meme-arsenal.com

I like this new Don who appears out of thin air to dunk on people

50 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Even though this post is largely incoherent, I think the point you're attempting to make is that the Eagles were lucky to win that game because Foles outdueled Brady.

Well, first of all, Brady actually played better in that game than Foles did. 505 yards compared to 373. Passer rating of 115.4 vs 106.1. It was the Eagles TEAM which beat the Patriots TEAM.  But more to the point, it appears to me that what your'e attempting to do is to argue that the Eagles won the game because they were lucky...and then argue that the proof that they were lucky is because they won the game. It's called circular logic. It's what dumb people attempt to do to prove a point.

So I'm not surprised you're doing that.

The two bolded items seem to seriously contradict each other.  The Eagles offense led by Foles is why the won.  When your defense gives up the Super Bowl record for passing yards, they do not deserve much credit.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

His gifs and memes have been hilarious too lol

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Clint Eastwood Hat Tip GIF - AFistfulOfDollars ClintEastwood ManWithNoName  - Discover & Share GIFs

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The two bolded items seem to seriously contradict each other.  The Eagles offense led by Foles is why the won.  When your defense gives up the Super Bowl record for passing yards, they do not deserve much credit.

Nah, it was indeed the whole team. Yeah, the defense gave up an ass ton of yards, but when it mattered, they stepped up, because without BG's strip sack as well as Chris Long on that same play, are we even having this conversation?

Guest justrelax
59 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Ok Hoagie Mouth. Eagles went 17-0 and dominated everyone. No luck involved what so ever. 

Rational thought. Worth trying. Who knows what you can do with practice?

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

1 first for Julio.  2 firsts for Deshaun Watson.

Reager and change for Julio

2 firsts for Watson

Remaining first for Kayvon Thibodeaux

Dynasty here we come!!!

Guest justrelax
26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Another way to look at it might be that even though Brady was as good or better than he’s ever been we still won. Bash our defense all you want but we still hung 41 on NE and our D gave up less.

21 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Nah, it was indeed the whole team. Yeah, the defense gave up an ass ton of yards, but when it mattered, they stepped up, because without BG's strip sack as well as Chris Long on that same play, are we even having this conversation?

11 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Another way to look at it might be that even though Brady was as good or better than he’s ever been we still won. Bash our defense all you want but we still hung 41 on NE and our D gave up less.

The point I was making, is to try to discredit what Nick did and go the team win route is BS considering the defense gave up the most passing yards in Super Bowl history.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The point I was making, is to try to discredit what Nick did and go the team win route is BS considering the defense gave up the most passing yards in Super Bowl history.

I didn't see what Franklin said as trying to discredit Foles, at all.

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I didn't see what Franklin said as trying to discredit Foles, at all.

And you would be correct. Foles had a great game. He's a hero. Our hero. And as I type this, I'm looking directly of a photo on my wall of him holding the Lombardi while confetti falls. 

Him playing a fantastic game wasn't luck, which is the point that a certain dense poster can't comprehend.

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

And you would be correct. Foles had a great game. He's a hero. Our hero. And as I type this, I'm looking directly of a photo on my wall of him holding the Lombardi while confetti falls. 

Him playing a fantastic game wasn't luck, which is the point that a certain dense poster can't comprehend.

Watch your back RTK might also be lurking to shoot down the accomplishment of foles in that game along with bacarty’s luck comment. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Julio joneszzzzzz is in the airport:ph34r:

He's in the airport like Jimmy Hoffa?

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Watch your back RTK might also be lurking to shoot down the accomplishment of foles in that game along with bacarty’s luck comment. 

What I'm finding scary and somewhat disturbing is that I've actually found myself recently agreeing with some of the things RTK has posted. Not about Foles, of course.

5 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What I'm finding scary and somewhat disturbing is that I've actually found myself recently agreeing with some of the things RTK has posted. Not about Foles, of course.

spacer.png

Guest justrelax
30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The point I was making, is to try to discredit what Nick did and go the team win route is BS considering the defense gave up the most passing yards in Super Bowl history.If that’s your point, to discredit what Nick did, I’m just glad you went on the record to say it

Yeah, you’re right. If your point is to discredit what Nick did, I’m down with that. Glad to have it on the record.

4 hours ago, austinfan said:

This is what shocked me when I went down the list of receiving yard leaders - something like the top 20 or 30 (can't remember which) were ALL 28 or younger.

So WR has become more like RB, 1st contract and 4th year extension that can be ended by 29 or 30 for the top guys. Let the others walk.

With veteran WRs, wait until they're cut for cap reasons then sign them to 2 year deals at a lower cost.

It's also a good reason to pass on Waddle at #6, take the 1st rd pick in 2022, and use the 3rd to get your WR at #12.

Outside of QB, not a whole lot of the top of any position is older than 28.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Outside of QB, not a whole lot of the top of any position is older than 28.

I think a fair number of top OL are.  

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I think a fair number of top OL are.  

Definitely the most notable exception.  But a lot of the top, older, big name OL across the league are constantly in and out of the lineup.

Archived