EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I read that they would (1) like to trade him outside of the NFC and (2) are looking for a 1st round pick, but probably won't get it.  Probably would take less to trade him outside of the NFC but if an NFC team offered up a 1 they would probably take that.   

I'd love to see him go to Cincy or Buffalo.  

Edit: @downundermike beat me to it

I'd like to see him with NE.  Then everyone will see how terrible a passer Cam Newton really is even with an all pro WR.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Yours or mine? While I have an almost unlimited amount of wisdom as I compose my posts, somehow they become near-complete idiocy when I actually post them.

There are more than a few of us suffering from this affliction.

Trade them the conditional Indy pick................. 

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Trade them the conditional Indy pick................. 

aBE5TRHf8FLYb9u40dYfpBoxdsn87mhboJUStwxz

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

If you made Julio list his dream destination all the way down to his least wanted to go to spot, I bet Philly was around 25

Probably.

Eagles hired a new accountant today, wait, I mean DE.

Jersey # gurus, Kerrigan will be 90.  Tuipulotu had it for all of 2 weeks.

28 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Julio here to mentor Devonta, but I'd give us 0% chance of making this move.  I'm guessing Julio wants to win another one and we don't have the cap room.

Now here's a guy who turned off Super Bowl 51 at half time

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Now here's a guy who turned off Super Bowl 51 at half time

Best reply ever.  

Brain fart - 'just win one'.

39 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Julio here to mentor Devonta, but I'd give us 0% chance of making this move.  I'm guessing Julio wants to win another one and we don't have the cap room.

He's got to win one first before winning another one. But yeah he for sure wants to go to a contender. 

If they don't think they can get a 1st should we be offering up a 2nd round pick for Julio?  Any way in heck that we can fit him in the cap after releasing/trading Ertz and some other moves?

Julio X
Smith Z
Reagor slot  

A healthy O-line and that could be pretty darn good offense if Hurts is able to show anything

NE should offer a ‘28 3rd round pick, and see how long it takes Atlanta to figure it out...

Julio joneszzzzzz is in the airport:ph34r:

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

When did he win the first one?

So now why wouldn't we trade a 2nd for him? We randomly waste 2nd round picks anyways 

Julio Jones is a great WR and all but how much longer can he play at a high level?  He's going on 33.  I'd give a 3rd.

Trading for Julio makes little sense for the Eagles and zero sense for him (unless he’s okay with waiting until 2023 to compete). There’s no way they can fit his cap number too.

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Trading for Julio makes little sense for the Eagles and zero sense for him (unless he’s okay with waiting until 2023 to compete)

He wants to win now.  So he has to drop his asking rate for that. The Cheif’s and rams would be the best odds of winning a sub next seasoning would think 

The Packers should trade for Julio but they have some defensive players to over draft instead.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Julio will be 35, at best, before the Eagles are ready to compete.  

This is why we shouldn't trade for him. Wrong stage in our cycle. If this was 2018-2019? Let's go.

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The Packers should trade for Julio but they have some defensive players to over draft instead.

Yep.  

I would have probably made the unpopular decision to just eat it and trade Rodgers if those fences could not be mended.  

A 37 year old historically talented QB who is irreparably pissed off?  Get what you can from a team and rebuild, otherwise you'll just be rebuilding anyway with less resources.

But trading for Julio just might be enough of a peace offering to make Rodgers happy.  It also might be just enough of an addition to make the Packers seriously competitive and dangerous.  

For us?  I would hardly trade anything.  For the Packers?  They should overpay and do whatever it takes to get him.  It changes their chances of winning a SB and salvaging the twilight of Rodgers' career from 0 to something meaningful.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yep.  

I would have probably made the unpopular decision to just eat it and trade Rodgers if those fences could not be mended.  

A 37 year old historically talented QB who is irreparably pissed off?  Get what you can from a team and rebuild, otherwise you'll just be rebuilding anyway with less resources.

But trading for Julio just might be enough of a peace offering to make Rodgers happy.  It also might be just enough of an addition to make the Packers seriously competitive and dangerous.  

For us?  I would hardly trade anything.  For the Packers?  They should overpay and do whatever it takes to get him.  It changes their chances of winning a SB and salvaging the twilight of Rodgers' career from 0 to something meaningful.

It says a lot about Love that they are holding onto Rodgers this strongly - but it looks like they don't have the cap room anyway for the trade.  Julio would be the ideal player to take them over the top. Adams, Jones and Jones is a tough defend for teams like the Bucs.

Supposedly, Rodgers is talking to ESPN today, so it could all blow up again. 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Eagles hired a new accountant today, wait, I mean DE.

Jersey # gurus, Kerrigan will be 90.  Tuipulotu had it for all of 2 weeks.

That picture looks like a college kid.  Thought he is in the 30's and a graybeard in NFL years.

23 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

That picture looks like a college kid.  Thought he is in the 30's and a graybeard in NFL years.

looks more like a beefed up Seth MacFarlane 

Archived