EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Side note from a co worker of mine.(lives down in Baltimore)  He swears his inside info says the Ravens/Falcons are gonna come to a deal for Julio

*looks like making the moves to get the cap room would be easy

*They have the 1st and an extra 4th next year
*In the AFC and Ravens could use WR help

Cool. He can be out of the NFC and still not win anything.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Side note from a co worker of mine.(lives down in Baltimore)  He swears his inside info says the Ravens/Falcons are gonna come to a deal for Julio

*looks like making the moves to get the cap room would be easy

*They have the 1st and an extra 4th next year
*In the AFC and Ravens could use WR help

I think the Ravens are more than OK at WR.  Their top 6 WR:

Sammy Watkins 

Hollywood Brown

Rashod Bateman

Tylan Wallace

Miles Boykin

Devin Duvernay 

Now, adding Julio Jones would be huge but I just don't see them making that trade.

I'd keep my eyes on whoever loses the Ravens TE battle.  Their 4th TE would be our #2 instantly (assuming Ertz is gone).

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good god, has corner become the last 4 years linebacker ??

SIGN A FRIGGIN' CORNER ALREADY.

The first reply on the thread

20 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think the Ravens are more than OK at WR.  Their top 6 WR:

Sammy Watkins 

Hollywood Brown

Rashod Bateman

Tylan Wallace

Miles Boykin

Devin Duvernay 

Now, adding Julio Jones would be huge but I just don't see them making that trade.

I'd keep my eyes on whoever loses the Ravens TE battle.  Their 4th TE would be our #2 instantly (assuming Ertz is gone).

Their QB can't deliver the football, so I'm not sure what the point is in investing in WRs.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Their QB can't deliver the football, so I'm not sure what the point is in investing in WRs.

Also, the problem with investing in too many WRs, is that even if your QB CAN deliver the football, there’s still only one football. Realistically, after your third WR, you're not gonna get too much production

Why isn't Doug Pederson coaching this season? Why am I not hearing that some teams are interested and making offers? I mean, he won a Superbowl. I know why. Because the NFL is beginning to realize that the Eagles, EVEN with their mistakes, are becoming the best managed team in football, and THAT'S been the key to their success. Brains don't guarantee success. They only guarantee progress.

Why isn't Hurts named the starter now? Let me ask; if you're going to a restaurant in a week, not sure of the menu or specials, why would you order the wings now, just because you know you like them? Strategic rigidity is always a detriment. Was it Mike Tyson who said 'Every plan survives until you get punched in the face'. Hurts is the practical starter. It's just that the team has no value in announcing it as such now. Personally I think it's just Howie-hating media sheep trying to jump in his business. They're probably the same people who hated that we drafted Hurts.

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Especially when their posts have the following format:  Complete and utter nonsense that makes zero sense, 8 or 9 parts of the post in quotations for no reason, and a bigfoot video and/or a terrible music video.   

Wait, there's bigfoot? :excited:

20 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Ive never seen that equipment before. 

Football on a stick has been upgraded to football on a pole

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Football on a stick has been upgraded to football on a pole

Who stepped on the hornet?

9 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

You never built a winner in your lives :towel:

So let's get this straight. 

You're going to trade Cox and Lane . Fire Howie and draft Sam Howell. 

That's your MASTER plan ay Adolf ? 

Really, you are calling an Australian with Irish and Polish heritage Adolf ??  You will not be long for this board.

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Doug Stinks. The League knows Doug Stinks. they laughed at his game plan and scheme in 2020, 2019 and 2018 

I can understand him not getting looks this year.  Teams already had their candidates lined up when he was fired.

But it'll be interesting to see if he gets any interviews next offseason.

The team is adding FAs after the top names and expensive ones are gone.  With the draftees, the roster is taking shape.  True to the belief, the DL and OL are getting the emphasis and they are the strength of the team.  CB is still thin and can use some more help.  The new DC seems willing to play young and inexperienced ones.  Don't see adding any named players, but some for competition and development.

27 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Why isn't Doug Pederson coaching this season? Why am I not hearing that some teams are interested and making offers? I mean, he won a Superbowl. I know why. Because the NFL is beginning to realize that the Eagles, EVEN with their mistakes, are becoming the best managed team in football, and THAT'S been the key to their success. Brains don't guarantee success. They only guarantee progress.

Because he’s getting paid the same to sit on his ass on a beach somewhere 

28 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Why isn't Hurts named the starter now? Let me ask; if you're going to a restaurant in a week, not sure of the menu or specials, why would you order the wings now, just because you know you like them? Strategic rigidity is always a detriment. Was it Mike Tyson who said 'Every plan survives until you get punched in the face'. Hurts is the practical starter. It's just that the team has no value in announcing it as such now. Personally I think it's just Howie-hating media sheep trying to jump in his business. They're probably the same people who hated that we drafted Hurts.

The best managed team in football???

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The best managed team in football???

Top 10. Not the best. For the 2010’s the Eagles were 87-73. Ranked #10. 3 of the teams ahead of us didn’t win a super bowl though.

9 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Top 10. Not the best. For the 2010’s the Eagles were 87-73. Ranked #10. 3 of the teams ahead of us didn’t win a super bowl though.

Great for 2010s whats their record since that super bowl?

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Especially when their posts have the following format:  Complete and utter nonsense that makes zero sense, 8 or 9 parts of the post in quotations for no reason, and a bigfoot video and/or a terrible music video.   

Ahh hahahah. The fact "of the matter" is you led the team DOWN the dark "hole" of the KOTITE years. Trade Lane Johnson? Yes, start Jason Peters like the "Comcast" guys tell you ahahah. I don't have "CABLE"! Huff of paint for the working man. I'll see you when I see you :towel:, you feel "IT"?? No. The TRUTH is "OUT there". I don't "have" Cable.

Back to your "REGULARLY" scheduled programing. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ahh hahahah. The fact "of the matter" is you led the team DOWN the dark "hole" of the KOTITE years. Trade Lane Johnson? Yes, start Jason Peters like the "Comcast" guys tell you ahahah. I don't have "CABLE"! Huff of paint for the working man. I'll see you when I see you :towel:, you feel "IT"?? No. The TRUTH is "OUT there". I don't "have" Cable.

Back to your "REGULARLY" scheduled programing. 

It's not a monkey, monkey's have tails, orangutan are one of the 5 great Ape species, though one wouldn't know it from this video😄

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It's not a monkey, monkey's have tails, orangutan are one of the 5 great Ape species, though one wouldn't know it from this video😄

Ackchyually | Know Your Meme

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

The point is to prove that he can’t.

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Great for 2010s whats their record since that super bowl?

22-25-1, with a 1-2 playoff record. What's your point? 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

He threw more TD passes in 2019 than any Eagles QB ever has in a single seaspn

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

22-25-1, with a 1-2 playoff record. What's your point? 

That doesn't say to me one of the best managed teams.

Archived