EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

13 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Nah, it was indeed the whole team. Yeah, the defense gave up an ass ton of yards, but when it mattered, they stepped up, because without BG's strip sack as well as Chris Long on that same play, are we even having this conversation?

Do you mean Barnett?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, greend said:

Do you mean Barnett?

No I meant before the recovery. Here's a quick shot right before Brady steps up into BG, the red arrow is Chris Long.

BG & CL.png

Is having everything go right that has to go right considered luck or is luck just a part of it?

-Carson Wentz's performance

-Nelson Agholor putting together his best season as an Eagle.

-Patrick Robinson finding a home at nickel CB rather than being cut.

-Big V stepping in at LT and playing above average football.

-LeGarrette Blount being a leader.

-Jay Ajayi trade at the deadline getting the most out of his knees.

-Corey Clement's entire rookie year (remember the Broncos game?) and his SB52 performance.

-All of above created the perfect RB rotation and they used them so well.

-Corey Graham's addition.

-Jake Elliott being almost perfect from long distance and GW 61 yarder against the NYG- for me, that's when I thought OK something special is happening with this team.

-DE rotation, with the addition of Chris Long and Derek Barnett as a rookie.

-Nigel Bradham's season at LB.

-DP on 4th down.  They went 20-29 on 4th down.  Which was bigger...the Philly Special or the throw to Ertz on the final drive?

-Nick Foles catching fire at the right time.   The dimes he was throwing in the playoffs (flea flicker to Smith, SB52 TD to Clement and Alshon).  He couldn't miss

-Torrey Smith's catch against the Falcons

-Robinson's pick 6 in the NFCCG.

-Barnett's strip sack against the Vikings.

-Philly Special (I know mentioned it under 4th downs but it deserves it's own slot)

-BG strip sack of Tom Brady, Barnett being in the exact right spot for the scoop.

-The final throw in SB52 was inches from Danny Amendola's hands

There are so many other things you can think of during the 2017 season that just went right.  It was an incredible season.  Howie made all the right moves with FA's and role players, DP called an incredible season.  Aside from Carson tearing his ACL, everything went right.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

No one wins a SB without a lot of luck.  

Yup

11 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I see people are feeding the troll yet again. 

Yup, we never learn around here

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I've heard Deeds was horrible. (I've only seen small portions of it.) It's sad because the original with Gary Cooper is one of the best movies ever made. Probably my favorite from the 1930s.

Deeds wasn't horrible. Wasn't super funny but it had a nice story behind it

8 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

My ignore list is to a point where sometimes the fabric of discourse in here gets hard to follow; the early signs of senility is also a contributing factor.

Funny thing is, sometimes I do a purge and take everyone off the list — and then inevitably they end up back on it.  Sort of like calling up and old flame and taking her out to lunch — then remembering "Oh yeah, now I remember why I haven’t had anything to do with you these past years”

Same, but then I think the convo probably isn't worth following. I have no interest in the opinion of idiots.

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Doesn’t fit with the not a good teammate and doesn’t like to compete narrative. Must be CGI.

They do seem pretty excited Wentz lost…

Look what happens to Wentz when more ice cream flavours are available at team meetings.   Doug just didn't understand the power of a raspberry ripple or cookie dough ice cream did he?

In 2017 we played exceptional complementary football. We all have seen firsthand how streaky Foles is, and we got peak Foles in the NFC CG and SB. While many folks never could seem to forgive Schwartz for LII, without the defense plying exceptionally well against Atlanta, we’re bounced in the divisional round (not to mention Keanu Neal dropping an interception and kneeing it to Smith, setting up a FG). Or the defense hanging on against the Raiders to clinch home field. 

We had a knack of the offense and defense taking turns leading the way. 

3 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Wait till they realise he's not a good QB and it won't be all fun and games.

Wait until you realize he is...................................................

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

In 2017 we played exceptional complementary football. We all have seen firsthand how streaky Foles is, and we got peak Foles in the NFC CG and SB. While many folks never could seem to forgive Schwartz for LII, without the defense plying exceptionally well against Atlanta, we’re bounced in the divisional round (not to mention Keanu Neal dropping an interception and kneeing it to Smith, setting up a FG). Or the defense hanging on against the Raiders to clinch home field. 

We had a knack of the offense and defense taking turns leading the way. 

Yup, even when key players went down others filled in nicely. It was the perfect team season. Somebody always stepped up when they were needed.

All this Sandler talk... You guys ever watch "That's my Boy" ???  The burrito story cracks me up - 

9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

My ignore list is to a point where sometimes the fabric of discourse in here gets hard to follow; the early signs of senility is also a contributing factor.

Funny thing is, sometimes I do a purge and take everyone off the list — and then inevitably they end up back on it.  Sort of like calling up and old flame and taking her out to lunch — then remembering "Oh yeah, now I remember why I haven’t had anything to do with you these past years”

What a snowflake. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Doesn’t fit with the not a good teammate and doesn’t like to compete narrative. Must be CGI.

Are you saying the Eagles organization is a total mess?

10 hours ago, TEW said:

Luck is the wrong term. How about outlier performances?

This sort of thing happens, statistically. You're going to get things that just go right at some point -- a series of variable outcomes each with low probability strung together in succession to create a significant outcome.  You could call it a white swan event.

The team played great that season. Calling it luck isn't fair or just to the players and coaches who put in the hard work to maximize their chances at winning. It's also a slight to their talent and skill. And yet this was definitely not what one would expect to happen if that season was replayed thousands of times.

That's what we call luck.

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Leighton Messier is a complete smoke show. Underrated one at that

That was one of the best mini story lines in House when she was chasing his old @ss.

49 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

probably DumbleDork

Do these newbs not realize we can out a clone account a mile away.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Good god, has corner become the last 4 years linebacker ??

SIGN A FRIGGIN' CORNER ALREADY.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do these newbs not realize we can out a clone account a mile away.

Especially when their posts have the following format:  Complete and utter nonsense that makes zero sense, 8 or 9 parts of the post in quotations for no reason, and a bigfoot video and/or a terrible music video.   

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Especially when their posts have the following format:  Complete and utter nonsense that makes zero sense, 8 or 9 parts of the post in quotations for no reason, and a bigfoot video and/or a terrible music video.   

First thing that clued me in to being a possible dumblebear clone was the lame Grateful Dead lyrics in the signature.

Archived