EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

First time I’ve ever seen Greg Ward and open used in the same sentence.

Note that the Eagles presented our top receiver to the media.   I would offer that Hurts seems to be a locker room favorite.   I would also suggest that Ward is a locker room favorite and probably a team leader.  He sure was at UH. While I suspect he slides down the receiver corp order this year, I think Sirianni will find a way to exploit his abilities.  As far as open, his catch percentage suggests he has that covered. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

That's right.....bald is beautiful. 😄 Kills me when I see guys with bald spots, reciting hairlines, etc.  Just shave it man.  You save money not having to get haircuts.  

It's cool that the parents pointed out how the Jazz fans around them helped to point out the D-bag fans.  Its easy to just say the Jazz fans are terrible people or the Sixers fans are awful people.  Glad they pointed out it was just a few causing trouble and not label the whole fanbase.

Yup a couple seasons ago a jazz fan said a bunch of racist stuff to Westbrooke I believe and it really was a bad look for the jazz, they banned that fan and since then have been super vigilant as have most the fan base of weeding out the bad apples, fans and security really were quick to react.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Note that the Eagles presented our top receiver to the media.   I would offer that Hurts seems to be a locker room favorite.   I would also suggest that Ward is a locker room favorite and probably a team leader.  He sure was at UH. While I suspect he slides down the receiver corp order this year, I think Sirianni will find a way to exploit his abilities.  As far as open, his catch percentage suggests he has that covered. 

His catch percentage is clearly a by-product of running short routes that teams are happy to give up. It’s embarrassing to quote that stat for a receiver with an average depth of target of 5.9 yards (a whopping 105th in the NFL). 

45 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Agholor at his best?  The guy never put up an 800-yard season, and dropped game-winning passes (plural).

He was a very good #3 in 2017. You can argue the Eagles don’t win the super bowl without him. 

I’ll be ecstatic if Sirianni and Steichen tear the 2-yard pass to the TE out of the playbook — a staple of the Pederson offense.

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

His catch percentage is clearly a by-product of running short routes that teams are happy to give up. It’s embarrassing to quote that stat with a receiver with an average depth of target of 5.9 yards (a whopping 105th in the NFL). 

Yup ward was used a lot like an offense would use an out let RB.

Groh did a lot of the same with Agholor but Agholor had a little more wiggle and could make dude's miss occasionally and could also occasionally get deep.

I like ward in an ideal situation I wouldn't have him higher than 4th 5th WR on my roster.

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He was a very good #3 in 2017. You can argue the Eagles don’t win the super bowl without him. 

You’d get laughed at if you tried.  Agholor had the most catches in the Super Bowl, and Mills had the most tackles — big F’n deal; they both suck.  Agholor was the 8th or 9th most important offensive player in the game.

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

His catch percentage is clearly a by-product of running short routes that teams are happy to give up. It’s embarrassing to quote that stat with a receiver with an average depth of target of 5.9 yards (a whopping 105th in the NFL). 

He has consistently since he started playing had a superior catch rate.  He is running the routes the coach asked of him.  You and I are never going to agree on Ward.  Probably true of Scott too.  I suspect Sirianni finds a way to use both of them. 

34 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Ease up on the UH fanboy stuff

Ward couldnt make it as a qb. Probably seems himself in Hurts. Someone bot good enough to be an nfl qb.

10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He has consistently since he started playing had a superior catch rate.  He is running the routes the coach asked of him.  You and I are never going to agree on Ward.  Probably true of Scott too.  I suspect Sirianni finds a way to use both of them. 

And despite his great catch rate, his yards per target ranked a pathetic 92nd in 2019 and 105th in 2020.

28 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You’d get laughed at if you tried.  Agholor had the most catches in the Super Bowl, and Mills had the most tackles — big F’n deal; they both suck.  Agholor was the 8th or 9th most important offensive player in the game.

9 catches for 84 yards seems pretty important... no matter where you rank it. 

You shmucks on here get your rocks off arguing about anything. 

22 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ease up on the UH fanboy stuff

Never.  

21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

And despite his great catch rate, his yards per target ranked a pathetic 92nd in 2019 and 105th in 2020.

He ran the routes he was asked to run.  Fact that the short route goes to the health of the OL and how bad Carson was last year.  

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m with you. I’m the biggest Agholor hater out there and he was pivotal in the Super Bowl. Situationally. He made catches when we needed it. 

21 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He ran the routes he was asked to run.  Fact that the short route goes to the health of the OL and how bad Carson was last year.  

That’s not a fact. That’s your narrative to defend Ward. 

19 minutes ago, blindside said:

I’m with you. I’m the biggest Agholor hater out there and he was pivotal in the Super Bowl. Situationally. He made catches when we needed it. 

Agholor was overdrafted. That’s why he is hated... and because of his inconsistency. But when he’s on, he’s a viable option. He was the best WR on the Raiders last year, easily. That includes Henry Ruggs. 

29 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I remember Agholor having a big 3rd or 4th down conversion in the SB when he caught it, quickly spun away and got the 1st.

Every player on that team was very important.  Clement sucks now too but we might not win that game without his contributions.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

I think Sirianni will find a way to exploit his abilities.  

What abilities does he have?

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He’s not big, fast or particularly quick, and his former assistant position coach thinks Hightower is a better route runner than him.

He has good hands. I have to give him that. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I’ll be ecstatic if Sirianni and Steichen tear the 2-yard pass to the TE out of the playbook — a staple of the Pederson offense.

Perhaps the most important play of Super Bowl 52 was a 2-yard pass to the TE.

26 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Agholor was overdrafted. That’s why he is hated... and because of his inconsistency. But when he’s on, he’s a viable option. He was the best WR on the Raiders last year, easily. That includes Henry Ruggs. 

Disagree with the overdrafted. That feels like more of a hindsight opinion. Day of the draft he went relatively where most thought. 

19 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He has a mean fair catch. 

9 hours ago, Swoop said:

Top notch again buddy.

Meanwhile my employer thinks my production is at an all time low. Ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Disagree with the overdrafted. That feels like more of a hindsight opinion. Day of the draft he went relatively where most thought. 

He def was over drafted, it wasn't a massive reach though.  Most places had him as a 2nd round guy (though a few had him as the top or 2nd best WR).  Honestly the pick was one of those meh, I don't hate it things.

7 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

He def was over drafted, it wasn't a massive reach though.  Most places had him as a 2nd round guy (though a few had him as the top or 2nd best WR).  Honestly the pick was one of those meh, I don't hate it things.

Brandt had the pick dead on going to Eagles. Jeremiah had him 16th overall. I’m sure some had him slipping to the second but overall I feel like he went at a reasonable spot where most thought, especially for that later first round area where players drop or rise unexpectedly. 

Archived