EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Silver regarding the Sixers fan.  

"Zero tolerance," Silver said. "No one is going to get away with an act like that. You're going to be caught. You're going to be banned from an arena. In some cases there may be criminal prosecution depending if the conduct rises to that level of an assault or something that the police are going to take note of."

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I broke my right elbow playing basketball when I was in college. I'm right handed. I spent a month writing with my left hand. Sloppily. Trying to take notes in class. Doing homework. School assignments. It was difficult. I even had to get permission from one of my professors to be allowed more time on a test because I wasn't physically able to write properly. Curiously there was another kid in the class who had an arm injury too and also needed special attention. The professor seemed to think we were trying to pull of a scam together somehow. Like I broke my elbow on purpose to weasel some extra time on a test and coordinated it with some other dude I didn't know to allow him to do the same thing.

Not really sure this is Eagles related, but I can appreciate how tough it might be for someone to have to do something the opposite way if they're not trained for it.  

It was probably much easier for Mailata to move to RT b/c he's still building muscle memory, and doesn't have a decade of habits built up on the left side.

One more for good measure.  I hope the Eagles offer a good dental plan

QB Joe Flacco

18 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Didnt see this posted. Looks like @EaglePhan1986 hopes and dreams have been flushed down the crapper. Suicide watch now effective till further notice. 

https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15778/Report--Nick-Foles-refused-trade-to-Eagles

No one wants to take on his cap number. A trade makes no sense. The Bears will either have to string him along as the number 3 all season or release him and take a hit. 

Not sure if something post June 1 makes a difference 

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

"Zero tolerance," Silver said. "No one is going to get away with an act like that. You're going to be caught. You're going to be banned from an arena. In some cases there may be criminal prosecution depending if the conduct rises to that level of an assault or something that the police are going to take note of."

Real shame that the world has become this soft.

6 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Cleveland’s dog pound was notorious for snowballs packed around D batteries thrown at Steelers.  What kills me is the lead was the popcorn story not the spitting. I mean we’re talking about popcorn. Popcorn. 

Yup, totally agree, I have yet to see a clear pic of the "incident" but as far as I can tell it was like a few scattered kernels, yet a dude gets spit on and the media is like meh...🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

No one wants to take on his cap number. A trade makes no sense. The Bears will either have to string him along as the number 3 all season or release him and take a hit. 

Not sure if something post June 1 makes a difference 

Maybe you don;t know how to read to well. Cap had zero to do with anything. Maybe read the article first. 

34 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Warning NSFW, Graphic Violence 

Spoiler

Popcorn Fight GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Would love to hear some comments on this one.  

WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

Who is that?

Guest justrelax
4 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

The fact that people are walking on eggshells and scared to admit that the Eagles have gone full blown woke is hilarious

Clearly they have ulterior motives besides getting the best qualified candidate.  Don't be naive, and dont insult the intelligence of everyone in here if youre trying to argue that identity politics didnt play a role here

The Eagles have been going down this road for a lonh time, stop pretending its not the case

Alternatively, it’s part of the uber-macho NFL ethos to keep hiring the same old muscle heads rather than fully qualified people with less testosterone. Matt Millen checked all the boxes. I’ll take Meryl Streep over him.

54 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Didnt see this posted. Looks like @EaglePhan1986 hopes and dreams have been flushed down the crapper. Suicide watch now effective till further notice. 

https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15778/Report--Nick-Foles-refused-trade-to-Eagles

Another NFL insider, Adam Caplan, reported on May 7 that the Bears had tried to trade Foles, but no one wanted him. Perhaps no one wanted him because he didn’t want to leave the Windy City. The 32-year-old vet has played for three different teams over the last three years, so it’s entirely possible he just wanted to stay put.

I understand him not wanting to be constantly moving

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Warning NSFW, Graphic Violence 

Hide contents

Popcorn Fight GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

image.jpeg.0ebbd004b613eec5f5f014bde93c57f2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I understand him not wanting to be constantly moving

That's the life of a journeyman backup QB. 

19 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Alternatively, it’s part of the uber-macho NFL ethos to keep hiring the same old muscle heads rather than fully qualified people with less testosterone. Matt Millen checked all the boxes. I’ll take Meryl Streep over him.

Well, I would hope so...

33 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Maybe you don;t know how to read to well. Cap had zero to do with anything. Maybe read the article first. 

Maybe you can lick my crack after I diarrhea this Chinese food 

10 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Maybe you can lick my crack after I diarrhea this Chinese food 

Dude, I’m trying to eat dinner here. 🤮

Matt Harmon charts receivers and Reagor had the second lowest win percentage vs man coverage since he started doing it in 2014. 

Yikes. 

So when Reagor says he’s working on everything, maybe he actually is. 

30 minutes ago, FitzIsAtTheAirport said:

Dude, I’m trying to eat dinner here. 🤮

Then get off the Eagles message board and enjoy your food homie 

Archived