EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Didn't know Lions drafted Sewell to be the RT

I was surprised Bengals actually drafted Burrows buddy instead of Sewell

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

First time I’ve ever seen Greg Ward and open used in the same sentence.

Yeah he lead the team in receptions, doesn't know how to get open though. 

17 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Well, if Greg Wards says so...

He's the leader of that WR group. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He averaged 3 catches and 26 yards a game, calm down.

3 hours ago, greend said:

If you want to boo and jeer fine. Dumping stuff on people is asking for a punch in the face.

Well i wanted to do a Gatorade shower for westbrook since he helped the sixers win the game.... 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Cleveland’s dog pound was notorious for snowballs packed around D batteries thrown at Steelers.  What kills me is the lead was the popcorn story not the spitting. I mean we’re talking about popcorn. Popcorn. 

This. I stated the same thing yesterday. A grown man spit on an athlete. We are just starting to get out of the pandemic and a fan thinks to himself i should spit on an athlete. How is that not a million times worse than dumping popcorn on an athlete. Both are ridiculously stupid but IMO spitting on someone is by far worse especially due to what the world just went through over the last year. 

that said dodger fans making up for lost time. About the 5th fight in the stands I’ve seen in 2 months of baseball. This time the guys 2-3 year old was there crying when he’s smashing another guys face in. 

16 minutes ago, Swoop said:

He averaged 3 catches and 26 yards a game, calm down.

Led the team with receptions over an entire roster of guys drafted before him seeing as he wasn't even drafted. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Led the team with receptions over an entire roster of guys drafted before him seeing as he wasn't even drafted. 

Tallest midget in the circus.

Just now, Desertbirds said:

That same circus is back in town with the exception of Devonta being added to the fold. 

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Mostly because he was the only one that was healthy and played in 16 games, not because he's a good WR.

34 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Tallest midget.  Had 5 or more receptions 3 times, had 2 or less receptions 9 times.  Had more than 30 yards 6 times, had 20 or less yards 8 times.

Let me say that again in bold, had 20 or less yards 8 times.

I mean, how open are you really with game logs like this.

1 catch for 6 yards

4 for15

2 for 20

1 for 3

3 for 9

3 for 10

2 for 19

1 for 5

16 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Blasphemy. 3 catches and 26 yards a game is borderline HoF worthy.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Well, he gets Philadelphia. That's a good start.

3 hours ago, greend said:

Best sales job I ever did was getting my wife.

Did she ask for a refund? 😄

13 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Mostly because he was the only one that was healthy and played in 16 games, not because he's a good WR.

So pathetic how some of the "fans" of this Tema go out of their way to try and hate on some of the hardest working players. 

Now it's a negative on Greg Ward that he stays healthy.  A negative that he led the team in receptions.  Probably also a negative that he led the team in TD receptions.  Probably a negative that he was clutch.  Probably a negative that he rarely ever drops a pass.  Probably a negative that he has taken on the leadership role of that WR group. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

IMO, if a college coach is going to make the jump, it's going to be when he is very young (of course there are exceptions, but that's what I'd be willing to bank on as an owner).  That's when people are charismatic enough and flexible enough to adapt to a different brand of football and a different level of player ego.

Guys like Urban Meyer (and Nick Saban/Chip Kelly) have been around CFB their whole life.  It's their entire reality.  You can't ask them to win a different way.  Asking them to adapt is like drafting someone in the first round and expecting them to change positions.  Sure, maybe they can do it, but you are assuming they can re-define themselves.  

Not to mention, these guys are used to being the emperor.  The NFL is a different animal.  

Just look at Philly...the HC is more of a press secretary.  😱  

Tebow’s there to help Lawrence along, snd  we’ll see if Meyer is truly an idiot to let Tebow play some wildcat since Lawrence is a better athlete, faster and more elusive.  I figured Meyer felt bad that he put a QB in the NFL that can’t read NFL defenses and looks like he learned to throw a football 2 weeks ago and that’s why he gave Tebow a shot. 

If Meyer believes talent is overrated, his system is what matters, and feels like he’s a football god, he’ll be out of the league in two years with a health ailment.  

TBF in terms of college coaches in the NFL, Saban failed because Brees failed his Dolphins physical and he ended up with a bum in Culpepper. 

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So pathetic how some of the "fans" of this Tema go out of their way to try and hate on some of the hardest working players. 

Now it's a negative on Greg Ward that he stays healthy.  A negative that he led the team in receptions.  Probably also a negative that he led the team in TD receptions.  Probably a negative that he was clutch.  Probably a negative that he rarely ever drops a pass.  Probably a negative that he has taken on the leadership role of that WR group. 

No one is saying any of those things, but stay in your feelings.

If you want to talk about pathetic, maybe take a look at your spelling.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/greg-ward-jalen-hurts-hes-going-open-everybodys-eyes

Greg Ward on Hurts: 'He's going to open everybody's eyes'

After he quickly tucks the ball and runs while his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options are all wide open, my eyes will be bulging out of my head.  

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

5bbt25.jpg

Lol didn't even need to add DK or Jefferson. Average NFL WRs would do

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

"Think about it like this," Dillard said. "You probably write with your right hand, right? So all of a sudden, say you had to write a big essay with your left hand. Right now. That's basically it. Write with your left hand. Think about how that would feel."

I broke my right elbow playing basketball when I was in college. I'm right handed. I spent a month writing with my left hand. Sloppily. Trying to take notes in class. Doing homework. School assignments. It was difficult. I even had to get permission from one of my professors to be allowed more time on a test because I wasn't physically able to write properly. Curiously there was another kid in the class who had an arm injury too and also needed special attention. The professor seemed to think we were trying to pull of a scam together somehow. Like I broke my elbow on purpose to weasel some extra time on a test and coordinated it with some other dude I didn't know to allow him to do the same thing.

Not really sure this is Eagles related, but I can appreciate how tough it might be for someone to have to do something the opposite way if they're not trained for it.  

12 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I broke my right elbow playing basketball when I was in college. I'm right handed. I spent a month writing with my left hand. Sloppily. Trying to take notes in class. Doing homework. School assignments. It was difficult. I even had to get permission from one of my professors to be allowed more time on a test because I wasn't physically able to write properly. Curiously there was another kid in the class who had an arm injury too and also needed special attention. The professor seemed to think we were trying to pull of a scam together somehow. Like I broke my elbow on purpose to weasel some extra time on a test and coordinated it with some other dude I didn't know to allow him to do the same thing.

Not really sure this is Eagles related, but I can appreciate how tough it might be for someone to have to do something the opposite way if they're not trained for it.  

Dillard struck me as being self defeated even before his first snap against Seattle. That it was hard or that he struggled mightily really made no difference to me. 

What's the next important date for the Eagles as far as mandatory on the field stuff?

Archived