EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

I think we can set the over/under at 5 for how many reporter come out that the Eagles are interested or are in talks with the Cowboys for Vander Esch. 

https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15803/Leighton-Vander-Esch-named-in-new-Cowboys-trade-rumor

No this is not a post saying I want him. But we all know everytime a player with any name comes out reports fly all over with the Eagles tied to it for click bait :) 

BTW I will actually go with the under. Eventhough I bet we have a more on this board saying they should get him. Me personally, wouldnt even call about him. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hurts ends up having a better career than Tua.  I was never a fan of his.  Respect the guy for how much he battles but I see nothing in him in terms of a long term starter let alone a top-5 pick.  

Saw bits of an interview with Slay in my local paper this morning. Confirmed he is staying after practice and working with Smith and Ward on their routes.  Smith apparently has a wicked work ethic and that has always been the case with Ward.  I really like what I hear about Reagor, Ward and Watkins working with Hurts in Houston this spring and now it looks like Smith will be added to the mix of WRs putting in the work.   Really looking forward to Smith v Slay this summer.  Wish I had seen that Fulgham and Hightower were doing the same and that Maddox and McPhearson were out there as well.  Just listening to what Slay is telling Ward and Smith wouldn’t hurt either of them.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

I think we can set the over/under at 5 for how many reporter come out that the Eagles are interested or are in talks with the Cowboys for Vander Esch. 

https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/15803/Leighton-Vander-Esch-named-in-new-Cowboys-trade-rumor

No this is not a post saying I want him. But we all know everytime a player with any name comes out reports fly all over with the Eagles tied to it for click bait 🙂

BTW I will actually go with the under. Eventhough I bet we have a more on this board saying they should get him. Me personally, wouldnt even call about him. 

At a little over $2 million, the cap hit isn’t awful, but that’s $2 million guaranteed for a player with neck problems that is a UFA after this year, that the cowpads did not exercise the fifth year option on and who certainly hasn’t lived up to his draft status. A conditional sixth that can rise to a fifth, maybe in value.  Maybe even less.  

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I think Hurts ends up having a better career than Tua.  I was never a fan of his.  Respect the guy for how much he battles but I see nothing in him in terms of a long term starter let alone a top-5 pick.  

Doubt that highly

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

No this is not a post saying I want him. But we all know everytime a player with any name comes out reports fly all over with the Eagles tied to it for click bait 🙂

Bet Howie is all in, LVE is always hurt.

Here’s my problem with the Jalen Hurts experiment, in a nutshell:

In the last 20 years, 3 qbs who are not destined for the HOF have won super bowls.  20 years.  3 qbs.  The 3: Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles.

Joe Flacco and Nick Foles played like HOF qbs in their respective playoff runs.  Dilfer did it on the back of a defense that wouldn’t be allowed to exist with today’s NFL game play.

So people who say they’d be happy if Hurts could approach Dak Prescott because ‘Thats all we need’ really confuse me.  The goal is to win a Super Bowl, right?

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Hurts’ only shot is looking better than he actually is for a couple years due to inflated efficiency stats due to his threat to run and a carefully curated and simplified short passing offense.

Aka poor man’s Lamar Jackson.

42 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

In the last 20 years, 3 qbs who are not destined for the HOF have won super bowls.  20 years.  3 qbs.  The 3: Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles.

Joe Flacco and Nick Foles played like HOF qbs in their respective playoff runs.  Dilfer did it on the back of a defense that wouldn’t be allowed to exist with today’s NFL game play.

So people who say they’d be happy if Hurts could approach Dak Prescott because ‘Thats all we need’ really confuse me.  The goal is to win a Super Bowl, right?

Add Rob Johnson but point still stands. 

47 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

See you guys, all you have to do is acquire a HOF QB! Keep in mind that Brady has 7/20 of those.

5 hours ago, eagle45 said:

They were all much better than Hurts on the same team...

Was it a NFL team?

Cause college performance doesn't necessarily translate, or every Heisman winner would be an automatic all pro player.

19 minutes ago, RLC said:

See you guys, all you have to do is acquire a HOF QB! Keep in mind that Brady has 7/20 of those.

Eli is a HOF caliber QB? In what universe?

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Was it a NFL team?

Cause college performance doesn't necessarily translate, or every Heisman winner would be an automatic all pro player.

1. Not too many average college QBs become good pros...

2. Eli will be in the HOF. Bank on it 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Add Rob Johnson but point still stands. 

You may mean Brad Johnson.

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

You may mean Brad Johnson.

One of those damn Johnson’s 

On 5/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

But he can play special teams.  And he is interchangeable, he played all over on the offense at the end of 2019.  You're a foolish fan that expects someone to be a star at every spot of the 53 man roster but is unable to appreciate a guy who is just flat out extremely dependable and able to play his role.  

200 hundred pages of arguing about how good Greg Ward is. I applaud your tenacity RTK...except if this is Greg Wards burner account.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

1. Not too many average college QBs become good pros...

2. Eli will be in the HOF. Bank on it 

He will be based on name and market. He’s not a HOF QB.

2 hours ago, austinfan said:

Was it a NFL team?

Unfortunately eli will get in based on the rings. No one is going to point out that his regular season stats are borderline mediocre, they're going to point at the playoffs and say that guy won 2 rings despite being saved by two absolutely 1 in a million plays. Eli might be the luckiest QB to ever play the game. Literally lucked into winning two super bowls.

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

So be pi$$ed off with Howie. It's not Hurts's fault that he is in the position he is. What's the goal of continuing the narrative that he will $***? Why not support the kid while he is in the role and let the situation play out with critique based on how he plays. Wentz got this benefit and when he totally stunk up the place he earned the unhappiness of the fan base. 

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

we are one of those 3 teams.  And coulda had 2 sb’s with non HOF qb’s if the patriots played fairly.  

I get your point.  But we have done it before.  Also, HOF qbs don’t grow on trees now do they? 

Archived