EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Quality stuff?   Once a troll always a troll.   "My Jazz”.  LOL.  WTF.  

Yep been a Jazz fan for many years ,  not sure what so funny 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

As soon as Simmons came in for Maxey, their momentum disappeared.   But the Simmons boot lickers will point to his double double.   I’m sure that moron Doc Rivers will tell us how much of a treasure he is, now he hit some free throws.  Guy can’t be on the court at the end of a close game.  Professional basketball player who can’t shoot free throws.  Unbelievable.   F-ing loser.   

I’m not much of an NBA fan but, yeah — that’s where a guy like Simmons will prevent you from winning a hard-fought series against a really good team.  If you’re trailing in the last two minutes he can’t be on the floor in any offensive set.  The other team can just foul him even if he doesn’t have the ball to put him at the line.

How good will his FT shooting be in the clutch, when he HAS to make?  Can’t win a series against a really good team unless Simmons rides the pine down the stretch if you’re behind 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

I’m not much of an NBA fan but, yeah — that’s where a guy like Simmons will prevent you from winning a hard-fought series against a really good team.  If you’re trailing in the last two minutes he can’t be on the floor in any offensive set.  The other team can just foul him even if he doesn’t have the ball to put him at the line.

How good will his FT shooting be in the clutch, when he HAS to make?  Can’t win a series against a really good team unless Simmons rides the pine down the stretch if you’re behind 

I said it during and after game 1, and got a lot of push back being called a 'hater'.   Frankly, he can't be on the floor in a close game, even if you are winning.  You then handcuff yourself to playing 4 on 5 offensively.  

That's the reality of the NBA.   The end of games often come down to foul shots... one way or the other.  He is a complete liability in those moments, especially in a series where it's easy to put that type of game plan in place.   He would be best suited as an offensive/defensive platoon in those situations... but you can't guarantee the whistles.

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Quality stuff?   Once a troll always a troll.   "My Jazz”.  LOL.  WTF.  

I do like the football input sometimes. Side note, adding some root beer and some other stuff to make some custom bbq sauce right now. 

53C51856-9EC7-4B12-A1EB-97459D854C29.jpeg

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

As soon as Simmons came in for Maxey, their momentum disappeared.   But the Simmons boot lickers will point to his double double.   I’m sure that moron Doc Rivers will tell us how much of a treasure he is, now he hit some free throws.  Guy can’t be on the court at the end of a close game.  Professional basketball player who can’t shoot free throws.  Unbelievable.   F-ing loser.   

As much as Simmons hurt us in this game and agree he killed us with those missed free throws, doc’s rotations all night after embiid got hurt were ridiculous. Like why is Mike scott playing 16 mins. And they weren’t good 16 minutes. Curry turned it over because of Scott’s poor ball handling, he nearly lost a pass where he should’ve had a easy layup and he had another turnover that went officially to Hill but it was on scott. Add on he was getting destroyed on the boards anyway and defensively he’s constantly confused on whether to help or not. He wasn’t giving you great minutes playing center so you might as well just go small and hope your better players can make up for it. Like thybulle can at least give you defense on beal and westbrook if you went small with him. He had less minutes than scott even though he had 8 points on 50% shooting. Add on this is the type of game where Hill should’ve been in the 30 minute department. He had 14 points in 24 mins and was getting to the line. He and maxey were killing it. Why take them both off the floor? Just move Ben to center and have green and Harris along with them. Defensively you likely get more stops anyway. Plus you help Ben who’s in foul trouble with 5 fouls as the wizards really don’t have great bigs offensively. 

33 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Yep been a Jazz fan for many years ,  not sure what so funny 

Beast clone. Nice

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We know.  You tell us all the time.  Bad news for you, we’re still going to talk about it.  Oh and H.E. bishes about Flyers talk in here and I tell him the same thing.   

Hockey sucks though so I have a good reason. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We know.  You tell us all the time.  Bad news for you, we’re still going to talk about it.  Oh and H.E. bishes about Flyers talk in here and I tell him the same thing.   

I’m not sure that I’ve ever talked about the NBA in here

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s already admitted it.  

Sorry.  I thought you were the one complaining about the Sixers talk in here a few days ago.  

Not that I remember lol

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hockey sucks though so I have a good reason. 

Maple Leafs got eliminated tonight, so there’s more proof the world is still the same as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow 

31 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Maple Leafs got eliminated tonight, so there’s more proof the world is still the same as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow 

It hab to happen to the leafs 

Would not surprise me if, in the spirit of survival, Howie somehow got Stephon Gilmore.

On 5/29/2021 at 4:10 PM, ManuManu said:

If Reagor ran a 4.47 at 207, what would he run at 191? That’s a big difference in weight. 

4.10 baby!!!!!

8 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Would not surprise me if, in the spirit of survival, Howie somehow got Stephon Gilmore.

It would surprise me. Pretty expensive for a one year rental.

13 minutes ago, Swoop said:

It would surprise me. Pretty expensive for a one year rental.

Yup.  The Eagles are (or should be) out of the 30+ premium-salary player market for the foreseeable future.

11 hours ago, Original Sin said:

End this game already , get to my Jazz 

Discontent GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If only playing basketball was just about shooting uncontested set shots, 15 feet from the backboard. Then, any loud-mouth would be an nba player. 

too bad. 

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

Translation: Game of chicken

And Howie is very good at this, he doesn't fold.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

And Howie is very good at this, he doesn't fold.

If he was good at this Ertz would have been traded last offseason for a much higher value.  

Archived