EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Track insurance rates as well. Everything is going up to offset losses during the pandemic whether the losses were really incurred or not.

And even if losses are recouped they’ll stay that high cause people are paying. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, What The F said:

I went thru it last year. We really wanted to move over to Fort Myers, but every house we liked had an HOA to the tune of $300-$500 a month, along with a 40 page rules booklet. No thanks.  Settled on a lesser home, without an HOA. 

We told our Realtor we didn't want a house with HOA and they told us the house we bought didn't have one, they lied😡

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Man I wish @rstarter was around the boards more.  This would be quite a topic of discussion.

May be an image of football and text that says 'During the 16 game era, Derek Carr (63) held the record for the most losses in a QB's first 7 years. His brother David was 2nd on that list 4'

That's quite the family legacy

Alshon Jeffery and Malik Jackson are officially off the team official. We'll just have some lingering stank for the next 18 months.

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

That's quite the family legacy

Meh... it means they weren't as bad as the record might indicate.   The truly terrible QBs don't get that many starts over 7 years... or even have a 7 year career.    This is almost like using the career INT list to identify the worst QBs.   The ones at the top aren't the worst, just some of the longest tenured.

Top 10 QBs in Career INTs:
Farve
Blanda

Hadl
Testeverde
Tarkenton
Snead
Unitas
Marino
Manning, P
Tittle

The bolded are the HoF QBs.  Hadl is also a guy that was very good, multi-year Pro Bowl QB.  Testeverde managed a 20 year career.  Never lived up to his #1 pick draft status, but his family never went hungry by any means.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well, Hurts will get blamed, and then by extension Doug will get blamed.   That's how it works.   Howie is always just picking the players that someone else wanted.  He never takes the player that he wants.  He always wanted the guy that went 2 or 3 spots before his pick.  He just has such bad luck.  Poor guy.

The other problem with this is that Howie is just a proxy for Lurie.  There needs to be a decision that looks so bad that Lurie has to distance himself from it by blaming Howie for it.  Now I do think the possibility is that Hurts could be that if he doesn't look great as a passer and Lurie told Howie not to draft a QB.  I think that's a possibility but it will be a stretch.  I mean I think Fields would have to come in and look like Hebert or Watson did.  Hurts would have to look really bad in comparison.  So bad that Lurie doesn't want to take the blame for passing on him. 

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Ryan homes has been going to settlement on new homes with no interior doors nor appliances , do to shortage of everything . 

I wait on paint for weeks now , and price increased 11% .

you have to be a moron to buy a new home right now or do any major work  on current home .

My house is 93 years old.  It's not like you always have a choice.  

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Alshon Jeffery and Malik Jackson are officially off the team official. We'll just have some lingering stank for the next 18 months.

Meh - Alshon wasn't an issue. He just wasn't worth the money.  

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bathroom Poop GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

200.gif   

38 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup. We tried our darndest to find a place that didn't have HOA and they are few and far between here.

I hate HOA almost as much as the cowboys.

They’re awful, I never encountered one growing up in Kennett Square, PA, then Wilmington. I moved to Lewes, DE when Hook refinery closed in 2012 and that’s all they have down here.   
 It’s only $400 for a year but we have nothing, no pool, no clubhouse, no field, no basketball court, nothing.   Apparently the $400 that 34 of us pay in the neighborhood is for snow plowing….  Lol.      But we have all the idiotic rules that any other HOA has, and the failed high school student council President that runs it and thinks he’s actually important.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

200.gif   

He was right that Wentz stunk.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

He was right that Wentz stunk.  

And Alshon didn't stink?  

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Howies bad deal probably unfairly made him more disliked than he should be. But it is what it is. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Somebody tell Howie. 

Banner doesn't know what he's talking about.  He's never had to manage a cap.   He's just a talking head.    :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howies bad deal probably unfairly made him more disliked than he should be. But it is what it is. 

Yeah, those 6 catches last year would have been much more palatable if he were making Greg Ward money...   🤔

29 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

And even if losses are recouped they’ll stay that high cause people are paying. 

Yup, the old "never let a crisis go unused" philosophy. The gov should step in and put some breaks on the opportunism and give support to the sectors that suffered and are going through restarting pains.

25 minutes ago, Utebird said:

We told our Realtor we didn't want a house with HOA and they told us the house we bought didn't have one, they lied😡

It's part of the standard disclosure form I think in most states.  Did the seller not disclose it? 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yeah, those 6 catches last year would have been much more palatable if he were making Greg Ward money...   🤔

Point being he wouldn't be on the team and would have been gone long ago if we weren't so tied to the hip to him. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Point being he wouldn't be on the team and would have been gone long ago if we weren't so tied to the hip to him. 

That's likely true.  I blame Howie for that though, not him.   I blame Jeffery for sucking... not his price tag.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And Alshon didn't stink?  

For the kind of money he was getting the last 2 seasons but that's on Howie not him.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

For the kind of money he was getting the last 2 seasons but that's on Howie not him.  

Nah, he sucked by any standard.   6 receptions last year is not good by any measure, regardless of the money he was being paid.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah, he sucked by any standard.   6 reception last year is not good by any measure, regardless of the money he was being paid.

Meh - he was an injured player.  I think there would be some sentiment to keep him on the team over a JJAW if is cost was lower.  I would certainly have more confidence in him as a receiver than JJAW or even Reagor at this point.  I mean Ertz stunk last season and was arguably healthier.  It's not like there's this ill will towards him.  I think the ill will from his cost and the likelihood he was the source of the anti-Wentz rumors.  

That was a fun 3 game stretch. See you next year, everybody. 

Archived