EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Also that Roob stat is extremely misleading. Definitely not arguing that we should've run the ball more last season, because we should have.

Having said that, I'd wager a large chunk of those attempts were in the late stages of the Cardinals game (thinking the last two/three drives I'd bet he had roughly 20 passes alone) when we were trying to drive quick to score or the Dallas game because Hurts blew outside of two first quarter drives and we lost the option to run as the game went on and Dallas scored at will.

It's not as though we were largely ahead in all of the games and Doug chose to keep passing.

The thing about Doug is he has a horrible track record with WRs. In KC, in the 2014 season when Doug was in his second year as O Co-ordinator, the Chiefs WRs caught exactly 0 TDs on the year. Which is insane in this day and age of NFL.

Even in the magical 2017 year, Ertz led the team in catches and yards, with 8 TDs tied for second with Agholor (Jeffrey had 9). But even in that 2017 season, I think after the Chiefs game it was well documented that the leaders of the team went into Doug's office and told him to commit to running the ball more. It's no coincidence that as the running game took off, so did the teams success, all the way to the end. 

Sure enough, once the running game became bad again, Doug tried to rely on WRs which he just for whatever reason has had no success at doing. It's really baffling. But it's also a huge part of why he isn't employed currently. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Just this kind

Bong-gas-mask tweet on Laremy Tunsil's account hurts NFL draft prospects –  The Denver Post

The best kind!

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He's counting every Hurts run as a pass attempt. He's only counting a Sanders/Scott rush as an actual rush. 

I wondered that, too. 

That's Swoop level disingenuousness 

38 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The only people that said he wasn't fast were the ones that decided he is too skinny to play.  

100%

2 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

If only playing basketball was just about shooting uncontested set shots, 15 feet from the backboard. Then, any loud-mouth would be an nba player. 

too bad. 

Well, when you put it that way, then you'd think that any NBA player would be able to make uncontested set shots, 15 feet from the backboard.   🤔

But you are missing the point in this.  The point is that Ben's weakness at foul shooting is a liability to the team, and a serious one.  And one that gets magnified in the playoffs.   Ben is a great NBA player, but he flourishes much more in the wide open portions of the game, not half-court sets and definitely not in tight end of game situations where every possession is magnified and foul shooting becomes a primary strategy.  Teams that are leading down the stretch almost never get a shot at the basket from anywhere other than the foul line.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

As far as Hurts and his second half performance, maybe it will help to have a different HC:

"A lot has been made about the disparity between Jalen Hurts’ performance before halftime last year and after halftime, and the gap is indeed huge. But consider this: In the first half of the three games that Hurts played start to finish — the Saints, Cards and Cowboys — the Eagles had a 58-42 pass-run ratio. Right around the NFL average. And Hurts completed 62 percent of his passes, had 5 TDs and 0 INTs, was sacked three times and recorded a 123.5 passer rating. In the second half of those three games, the Eagles had a pass-run ratio of 82-18. Yep, Doug Pederson called only 18 second-half running plays in those three games with a rookie QB. And Hurts was at 48 percent, 0 TDs and 2 INTs, six sacks with a 53.7 passer rating. Not many QBs could function at a high level under those circumstances, much less a 22-year-old who didn’t have a preseason getting his first significant career playing time behind a rickety offensive line with bad receivers."

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/roobs-eagles-observations-why-jalen-hurts-struggled-after-halftime-and-more

Silly Doug, actually wanted to see if his quarterback could quarterback

:offtopic:

What the hell is going on with the price of lumber?  There has been at least a 50% increase.

3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

What the hell is going on with the price of lumber?  There has been at least a 50% increase.

Try 150%. High demand and low supply since the gov shutdown last April. 

5 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Tell me about it, just built a fence cause my old one blew down, would have waited but the HOA wanted it fixed, would have been nice if the fence blew down a year earlier would have been much cheaper to replace

24 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

There are no excuses for Hurts/Roseman:

1) healthy OL (at least at the start of the season) with better depth;

2) two first-round WRs (one could add the addition of a second-round WR, but I'd rather forget);

3) second-round TE; 

4) second-round RB; and

5) new coaching staff.

As long as someone, and in this case Hurts, can be blamed, Howie never will get blamed.  

17 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

EVERYTHING* is currently at a stupid increase. 

Heres some notices just this weekend...

Diesel is 330, was sitting 2.25 a gallon forever

Smoked a brisket... normally 2.85ish a pound, 4.49

Bushel of Corn is up 200%, Wings about double the price. 

I went to build a redneck BBQ shed, my 90 day lumber quote was no longer valid (even though it was within the 90 days from home Depot) and would cost me about 2300 dollars compared to the 770 i was quoted. 

And it's likely going to get worse, before it ever gets better.

26 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

As long as someone, and in this case Hurts, can be blamed, Howie never will get blamed.  

Well, Hurts will get blamed, and then by extension Doug will get blamed.   That's how it works.   Howie is always just picking the players that someone else wanted.  He never takes the player that he wants.  He always wanted the guy that went 2 or 3 spots before his pick.  He just has such bad luck.  Poor guy.

Every team will have this soon enough. A lot of players struggle with mental issues in the NFL. Should have happened sooner. 

3 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

There are no excuses for Hurts/Roseman:

1) healthy OL (at least at the start of the season) with better depth;

2) two first-round WRs (one could add the addition of a second-round WR, but I'd rather forget);

3) second-round TE; 

4) second-round RB; and

5) new coaching staff.

First year in new system with new staff , not saying it’s acceptable , but I am sure some will say that , if Hurts wets the bed . .

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

I went to build a redneck BBQ shed, my 90 day lumber quote was no longer valid (even though it was within the 90 days from home Depot) and would cost me about 2300 dollars compared to the 770 i was quoted. 

Can't wait to see beef prices now that JBS has been hacked.

Ryan homes has been going to settlement on new homes with no interior doors nor appliances , do to shortage of everything . 

I wait on paint for weeks now , and price increased 11% .

you have to be a moron to buy a new home right now or do any major work  on current home .

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Can't wait to see beef prices now that JBS has been hacked.

One-Fifth of U.S. Beef Capacity Wiped Out by JBS Cyberattack

25 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Every team will have this soon enough. A lot of players struggle with mental issues in the NFL. Should have happened sooner. 

Awesome, not sure why more teams didn't take mental health wellness more seriously, if I were investing millions of dollars in a person I'd do everything possible to ensure that person was not just physically healthy but mentally as well 

My wife is the director of prevention and mental health outreach at WSU maybe she could get a job In the NFL 😎

20 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Ryan homes has been going to settlement on new homes with no interior doors nor appliances , do to shortage of everything . 

I wait on paint for weeks now , and price increased 11% .

you have to be a moron to buy a new home right now or do any major work  on current home .

Building a new home will stay strong unless interest rates go up imo.

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

HOA 

Suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Awesome, not sure why more teams didn't take mental health wellness more seriously, if I were investing millions of dollars in a person I'd do everything possible to ensure that person was not just physically healthy but mentally as well 

My wife is the director of prevention and mental health outreach at WSU maybe she could get a job In the NFL 😎

What Samatta U ?

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Building a new home will stay strong unless interest rates go up imo.

I read sales were down 9 %
 As much as lumber and other home building materials have gone up , you will never see the proper return when you sell

Single-family housing starts dropped more than 13% in April compared with March, the U.S. Census reported Tuesday. That's the sharpest decrease since last April,

Contractors are experiencing unprecedented intensity and range of cost increases, supply-chain disruptions, and worker shortages that have kept firms from increasing their workforces," said Ken Simonson, chief economist with Associated General Contractors of America, an industry trade group. "These challenges will make it difficult for contractors to rebound as the pandemic appears to wane."

Roughly 15% of builders said they are putting down concrete foundations and then holding off on framing the house. This counts officially as a "start" according to the Census monthly figures, but it doesn't create a house.

7 minutes ago, What The F said:

Suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yup. We tried our darndest to find a place that didn't have HOA and they are few and far between here.

I hate HOA almost as much as the cowboys.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup. We tried our darndest to find a place that didn't have HOA and they are few and far between here.

I hate HOA almost as much as the cowboys.

I went thru it last year. We really wanted to move over to Fort Myers, but every house we liked had an HOA to the tune of $300-$500 a month, along with a 40 page rules booklet. No thanks.  Settled on a lesser home, without an HOA. 

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Track insurance rates as well. Everything is going up to offset losses during the pandemic whether the losses were really incurred or not.

Archived