EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

19 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I was immuno suppressed due to chemo and cancer during the pandemic and before.

Before covid hit I was wearing a mask because my oncologist said a simple cold could kill me 

My son was in school and not allowed in my room for about 6 months while I was taking chemo, because who knows what he could pick up and spread.we went through bottles of sanitizer.

We didn't allow any body in our home my wife who was main home care giver wore a mask when around me 

When I was at the clinic sitting in my chair getting chemo I wore a mask as did all the other patients, this was all a year before anybody had ever heard of covid.

So why wear masks why social distance from people especially kids, why did my wife and kids sanitize all the time and wear masks and give me space? Because they love me and didn't want pass anything to me and have me die.

Long before the antivaxxers and all these conspiracy theories people who didn't want to get sick wore masks, socially distanced, and washed their hands 400 times a day, it wasn't a political statement or quack science it was just proven precautions over decades of scientific data that shows those precautions decreased ones chances of contracting an infectious disease.

Same applies for covid, better safe than dead.

You can live your life like that.  That's on you.  You can't force other people to.  And I'm not anti-vax.  I'm pro-freedom of choice.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You can live your life like that.  That's on you.  You can't force other people to.  

It's not a question of freedom it's a about societal responsibility to your fellow man.

Think of it as a football team. 

A football team needs to work in concert to be effective and efficient, if one person of the 11 on the field screws up misses an assignment takes the play off it affects the outcome of that play. Each of the 11 are responsible to not only them selves but to each other.

Same goes for public health, we do certain things to not only keep ourselves healthy but others around us as well 

Things like covering your mouth or turning your head when one coughs or sneezes, we wash our hands after we wipe our ass, we don't spit on people or wipe our boogers on them, we don't touch strangers food, one can choose to live their life like that but no one can make you.

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

It's not a question of freedom it's a about societal responsibility to your fellow man.

Think of it as a football team. 

A football team needs to work in concert to be effective and efficient, if one person of the 11 on the field screws up misses an assignment takes the play off it affects the outcome of that play. Each of the 11 are responsible to not only them selves but to each other.

Same goes for public health, we do certain things to not only keep ourselves healthy but others around us as well 

Things like covering your mouth or turning your head when one coughs or sneezes, we wash our hands after we wipe our ass, we don't spit on people or wipe our boogers on them, we don't touch strangers food, one can choose to live their life like that but no one can make you.

If you have really bad health issues then take it upon yourself to get vaccinated.  If you are part of the very tine part of society who aren't able to obtain immunity from vaccination then you will have to adjust your life to live more safely for yourself.  Its unfortunate but life isn't fair a lot of times.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why can't the kid go outside to play?  The chance of infection outside is so astronomically low that they aren't even sure if you can even transmit the virus outside.

You’re intentionally missing the point.  If you’re so dug into your position I don’t know why you’re even engaging. People resisting vaccines will kill Americans. It’s that simple. Maybe not you, maybe not anybody you care about, but that is the reality we are in. 

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Looks like the Eagles will play this season until the very end.

Source?

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

il_794xN.2958003650_ght0.jpg

I also tried Castle Risk.  It was ok, but I prefer the original.

That said, "Mission Risk" is a very nice variation... much more intrigue.

The good old days of risk and me my friends making secret alliances to just brutally destroy my other friend 

11 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

You’re intentionally missing the point.  If you’re so dug into your position I don’t know why you’re even engaging. People resisting vaccines will kill Americans. It’s that simple. Maybe not you, maybe not anybody you care about, but that is the reality we are in. 

I'm not so sure...

41 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You can live your life like that.  That's on you.  You can't force other people to.  And I'm not anti-vax.  I'm pro-freedom of choice.  

But your "freedoms” put other people at risk.  Am I free to fire my rifles in the air because I have the 2A or drive drunk?  Let’s not act like we don’t consent to our freedoms being curtailed for the good of the order and the least among us. 

moreover it’s such a de minimus impact on YOU or me as healthy men, to potentially save someone else’s life. If I was at a public pool and saw your child foundering and thrashing and didn’t reach in to hold his head above water because "I have the freedom not to,” would that be ok with you?   

there are times to make a principled stand for freedoms and there are times to simply acknowledge that we can make a small sacrifice for those among us who rely on us to. 

Just now, Desertbirds said:

I'm not so sure...

That it’s intentional?  

12 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

And you're not dug into your position? 

1 minute ago, Allhaildawk said:

But your "freedoms” put other people at risk.  Am I free to fire my rifles in the air because I have the 2A or drive drunk?  Let’s not act like we don’t consent to our freedoms being curtailed for the good of the order and the least among us. 

moreover it’s such a de minimus impact on YOU or me as healthy men, to potentially save someone else’s life. If I was at a public pool and saw your child foundering and thrashing and didn’t reach in to hold his head above water because "I have the freedom not to,” would that be ok with you?   

there are times to make a principled stand for freedoms and there are times to simply acknowledge that we can make a small sacrifice for those among us who rely on us to. 

That it’s intentional?  

He is missing the point, but I doubt that it is intentional.

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

He is missing the point, but I doubt that it is intentional.

Of course it is. Consider the source.

2 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

That it’s intentional?  

Since when is firing guns freely anywhere in the without discretion or drunk driving a freedom afforded to us? 

High risk people should absolutely go get the vaccine.  Anyone else that wants to get it should absolutely go ahead and get it.  Anyone that doesn't want to put something in their body that their not sure of should have to right to make that choice.  

What is that saying used by the pro-choice crowd in regards to abortion? "My body, my choice". 

Also for the record I got the vaccine.  That was my choice.  But I'm 100% for people's right to make that chosie for themselves and if they don't want to get it I 100% support their decision. 

7 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Guys the real question is whether or not Greg Ward and Jalen Hurts are vaccinated.

Greg Ward literally catches everything so for his sake I hope so 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Greg Ward literally catches everything so for his sake I hope so 

Good call. Guy can't seem to properly social distance either, so fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Since when is firing guns freely anywhere in the without discretion or drunk driving a freedom afforded to us? 

High risk people should absolutely go get the vaccine.  Anyone else that wants to get it should absolutely go ahead and get it.  Anyone that doesn't want to put something in their body that their not sure of should have to right to make that choice.  

What is that saying used by the pro-choice crowd in regards to abortion? "My body, my choice". 

Also for the record I got the vaccine.  That was my choice.  But I'm 100% for people's right to make that chosie for themselves and if they don't want to get it I 100% support their decision. 

Yeah just intentionally missing it. All good 

4 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Yeah just intentionally missing it. All good 

Are you pro-choice for abortion? Myself, I don't really have strong opinions on it one way or another however I'm guessing you are. So why are you for that in the name of it being the woman's body and her choice when that choice directly results in the killing of a baby? 

When your stance is why not force everyone to get the vaccine because you think it will save lives. 

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Good call. Guy can't seem to properly social distance either, so fingers crossed.

Jalen on the other hand takes off when anyone is 10 feet away in the area so he should be fine 

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Abortion isn't contagious so Doesn't really apply here...

And no one is pro abortion. Pro choice isn't pro killing babies

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Jalen on the other hand takes off when anyone is 10 feet away in the area so he should be fine 

True. All of this talk on abortions makes me remember all of the times Hurts aborted a football when he was hit.

Hurts is clearly pro-abortion. 

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Abortion isn't contagious so Doesn't really apply here...

And no one is pro abortion. Pro choice isn't pro killing babies

Abortion leads to a 100% death rate of what would otherwise be a living baby.  Does an unvaccinated person lead to a 100% death rate of someone else?  

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Except not.

35 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And you're not dug into your position? 

He should be because he is right. 

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Except not.

A roll out. Well don’t I feel dumb now. 

Archived