What were they pointing at?

Doug GIF on GIFER - by Barus

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Vortex said:

I think you may want to revisit your stupidity 

That’s a lot of "we are still learning” bs

Maybe educate yourself about how vaccines work before suggesting AFan is stupid.  

I gather since we are still beginning to understand the physics of gravity, that we shouldn’t believe that "bs” either.  The pandemic showed us science in fast forward where the scientist is constantly learning and increasing the level of knowledge.   

6 hours ago, devpool said:

At the 1st Gritty 5k they gave out hot dogs at the very end before the finish line, it was awesome 

Congratulations!

Marathon Collapse at Finish Line - Body Shut Down on Make a GIF

Hotdogs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

41 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No, the federal government is literally paying an additional $300 per week in unemployment.  $15 is a poverty wage.  My company does not pay poverty wage and it is next to impossible to get people applying for jobs and it has for the past year.  Even when the economy was roaring a year and a half ago and unemployment was extremely low it was still far more active on getting resumes for job openings.  

The people not working right now are not willing to work because they are being paid to not work.  

Yup and instead if blaming business for not raising wages to entice people back to work your solution is to call people lazy and force them to accept poverty wages out of necessity?

You're right 15 is a poverty wage if wages kept up with inflation it would be closer to 22 an hour yet if one has two people in a household making at least 15 that= 30 which is above the poverty level and also stimulates the economy.

Here's a fact checking article that shows Trump  was the worst jobs president since Truman.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/06/fact-check-pandemic-unaccounted-presidential-job-growth-chart/6177339002/

And here's an article that charts the rate of unemployment under Obama and Trump and explains that the unemployment was on a downward trend when trump became president and flattened out during his tenure.( Also has a ton Brady reference in it😄)

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2020/10/23/a-chart-of-unemployment-under-trump-and-obama-tells-quite-a-tale-column/

50 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

:roll: Thats not true.

People lost their jobs due to covid. Not some revelation that their unskilled, uneducated self is worth more than what theyre being paid. 

These people dont have that luxury to be able to quit their job until the entire country decides to begin paying everyone more. They are out, and only ABLE to be out of work because of the extra money they are making for it.

They lost their jobs and it became profitable. THATS why they arent working. Not because of what they think they are worth. Its because of what they are being given. 

Watch. When the unemployment money ends, theyll get back to work and your ridiculous theory will be disproven. 

I do think that the increased unemployment amounts allowed people to hold out for higher wages and it did highlight how difficult it is to live on a stagnant minimum wage.   Would seem that like social security, minimum wage should have a COLA.   I also think it is important to realize that jobs have a certain value to an employer and at a certain point, they start looking at alternatives, like robots and automation.  

I used to hate dealing with claimants under the Long Shore and Harbor Workers Act.  Unlike normal workers comp, which typically pays 2/3rds of the average workers wage subject to a cap, LSHWA has no cap.  So the person got 2/3rds of a pretty decent wage and some lost the incentive to return to work.  Has to be a happy medium. Same with unemployment.  

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When a guy says, "the first thing about playing smart is knowing what to do”.  That’s pretty dumb.  Like describing water as being wet.  

To be fair, Brett Brown in general and Doug P last season failed miserably at this basic communication skill.  

This time is impossible to the rookies and younger player , not so much the starters , unless you have a new coaching staff 

Arians told his starters he does not want to see them until mandatory starts . But young guys fighting for jobs better be there . 

I would think Siri being new , he would want as much time on the field as possible.

26 minutes ago, blindside said:

I’m a milker. I live on a ranch in Montana. But I also prefer Mailata. 

DeNiro can't be milked - Album on Imgur

27 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Vaccines don’t keep you from getting a virus, they prepare the body to defeat it before it becomes serious.  Think of vaccines as OTAs where the body is taught to develop antibodies to defeat viruses  

The use of MRNA is brilliant and opens a whole new avenue on treatments.  Soon that, gene therapy, nanobots and stem cell manipulation are going to cure all sorts of things, like the common cold, cancer, plegia, and even damaged organs where instead of finding a donor, they will just print up a replacement using stem cells.  People don’t realize it but our government funds a lot of the scientific research in health.  Right now, at Walter Reed, they are working on a broader MRNA vaccine proposition that may well cure coronavirus common colds. 

So it doesn’t protect others. Got it. 

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup and instead if blaming business for not raising wages to entice people back to work your solution is to call people lazy and force them to accept poverty wages out of necessity?

You're right 15 is a poverty wage if wages kept up with inflation it would be closer to 22 an hour yet if one has two people in a household making at least 15 that= 30 which is above the poverty level and also stimulates the economy.

Here's a fact checking article that shows Trump  was the worst jobs president since Truman.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/06/fact-check-pandemic-unaccounted-presidential-job-growth-chart/6177339002/

And here's an article that charts the rate of unemployment under Obama and Trump and explains that the unemployment was on a downward trend when trump became president and flattened out during his tenure.( Also has a ton Brady reference in it😄)

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2020/10/23/a-chart-of-unemployment-under-trump-and-obama-tells-quite-a-tale-column/

What don't you understand?  What my company is trying to hire is nothing close to minimum wage.  Minimum wage has nothing at all to do with the lazy people not working right now because they are being paid not to.  

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yep. So its not that they just stopped working because they realized they are worth more. They stopped working because the govt is paying them not to work. 

The government isn't paying them not to work, they are supplementing their income because they don't either have jobs to get or don't have jobs that pay more than what they can get on government assistance.

Instead of lazy shaming people I to working for poverty wages wouldn't it make more sense to ask employers to raise wages???

The biggest trick ever played is that the ruling class those making 100 million dollars convinced the working class those making 25$ an hour that the poor those making the minimum wage are the source of their problems.

Expecting and shaming people Into working for poverty wages doesn't benefit you or any member of the working class,instead it benefits the ruling class, the sooner you realize that the better for you and all the working class, that is unless you are the 1% which if that's the case I doubt you'd be on here posting while on your mega yacht.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What don't you understand?  What my company is trying to hire is nothing close to minimum wage.  Minimum wage has nothing at all to do with the lazy people not working right now because they are being paid not to.  

Read my post  above

Instead of blaming " lazy" workers why not put the blame where it belongs, greedy employers.

3 minutes ago, Vortex said:

You're being purposefully obtuse.

2 minutes ago, Vortex said:

No, it does.  With your body able to produce antibodies to fight the disease, the virus is unable to replicate.  This means the person has less virus in them and thus doesn’t shed virus so it does a great job at protecting others.  You really don’t understand much about virology.  Your ignorance is on full display tonight.  I can recommend some texts on virology and epidemiology if you would like to immerse yourself in the science.

Just now, Utebird said:

You're being purposefully obtuse.

Bring more than 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

No, it does.  With your body able to produce antibodies to fight the disease, the virus is unable to replicate.  This means the person has less virus in them and thus doesn’t shed virus so it does a great job at protecting others.  You really don’t understand much about virology.  Your ignorance is on full display tonight.  I can recommend some texts on virology and epidemiology if you would like to immerse yourself in the science.

Yes please show the 10 year studies that show the success of this vaccine without  long term consequences 

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

So a person’s best defense isn’t injecting a poorly researched and tested vaccine into their body? 

Stop with that idiocy

we know tons about vaccines because most of the components dont change. Adjuvants etc

our knowledge base in the immune system has grown exponentially in the past 20 years

37 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Maybe educate yourself about how vaccines work before suggesting AFan is stupid.  

I gather since we are still beginning to understand the physics of gravity, that we shouldn’t believe that "bs” either.  The pandemic showed us science in fast forward where the scientist is constantly learning and increasing the level of knowledge.   

mRNA vaccines have been in R&D for a long time. Its just they were primarily after cancer vaccines. What allowed the fast forward was that it was a pivot in target and not a pure de novo technology 

Here's the deal with the vaccine.  Cut the science out of it for a second.

Never trust anyone when an issue has become political.  By definition, it means there are 2 sides, each feeding you misinformation in the interest of winning over our feeble minds.   There are truths and lies on both sides.

And the COVID vaccine has gone political. It's a simple fact that the data behind the multiple covid vaccines does not compare to other vaccines and medications.  There is enormous pressure within the medical community to embrace the limited data as gospel and to run out and sell it to the rest of the non-medical world like girl scout cookies or Uncle Rico's plastic dinnerware.  So don't trust everything you hear, don't trust everyone you hear it from.  

I'd rather take the unknowns of the vaccine than the unknowns of getting COVID.  I'm vaccinated, I made sure my whole family is vaccinated, and I disagree with anyone who does not get vaccinated.  Yes, there is a risk.  Yes, that risk is swept under the rug and underplayed by many.  1.  Think of it as a public service in a war against this pandemic.  If too many people dig their feet in, the total population won't make progress in eradicating this pandemic.  2.  Again, the preliminary data suggests that the incompletely understood risks of covid are far worse than the incompletely understood risks of the vaccine.

So get the shot.

28 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Read my post  above

Instead of blaming " lazy" workers why not put the blame where it belongs, greedy employers.

Sorry, but that is a bit of nonsense.   Many of the minimum wage jobs are with small businesses.  Most small businesses don’t survive.  

There is a value for a job for any employer.  At the corporation where I worked, we had a woman who was excellent at her job but she had done it for 30 years and had early on maxed out at what we would pay for that job.  She was basically on COLA increases.  She told me she didn’t feel appreciated. I told her she was and pointed out she got the max bonus every year (she had grown to think the bonus, which was profit sharing, was a given). I told her that she had long ago reached the value we had on her job and explained the bonus again.  When she retired a few years later, we automated 90% of her job and outsourced the rest for a pittance.  Were we greedy?  No.  Actually, looking back, it was irresponsible of us to the shareholders to keep her on as long as we did.  We could have automated her position years before.

The pandemic showed how order apps and websites and kiosk like tools can work.  Zoom and Skype showed us how to do things remote.  So why have the drive through order taker.  Kiosk it or have a smaller remote team taking orders across your group of fast food restaurants, for example.  That isn’t greed, it is efficiency.  Most times, efficiency means lower prices.  Yes, senior managers at large corporations are over compensated and yes, corporations focus on ROI for the shareholders but few pay minimum wage.   None of the corporations I own stock in pay minimum wage.  

Kids who got Ds in science grew up and formed opinions off websites to argue with doctors. 

22 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Bring more than 

Yes please show the 10 year studies that show the success of this vaccine without  long term consequences 

Initially, I thought you had serious questions.  Now, I realize you are a moronic troll.  My apologies to other bloggers  

Ignore in three, two, one.

34 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Bring more than 

Just now, Vortex said:

Bring more than 

Show me any vaccine that had ten year data before bei g rolled out to the general public.

The measles vaccination took about two years to develop, the first doses weren't refined and led to rashes and high fevers, they refined it within a year and then rolled it out world wide and it had a 93% efficacy, within that first year.

So far with covid vaccine which was developed under a year it has shown a 94% efficacy.

The one issue was from the Johnson and Johnson vaccine that had a chemical that in a very miniscule amount of people was causing blood clots, usually clots are treated with hepherin yet the chemical Interaction with the chemical in the vaccine was causing adverse effects so the doctors stopped treating with hepherin and problem solved and no one has died since from blood clots dur to j&j vaccine.

If I remember correctly j&j also changed their vaccine to exclude what was causing that chemical reaction. 

Other than that covid vaccine has shown to be relatively safe without any adverse effects.

As for long term adverse effects as you stated not enough data to draw any conclusions and the short term positive effects so far outweigh the unknown potential adverse effects.

I get the reluctance to take the vaccine though, I trust the government about as far as I can throw them and one can go find cases of government medical abuses or failures littered through out our countries history yet I'm going to play the odds.

And I believe the immediate known positive affects from the vaccine outweigh the potential unknown adverse long term affects 

If in ten years I have autism because I got my covid shot and you're still alive and kicking I'll relate to my occupational therapist through a series of non verbal signs that I was wrong and you were right 😁

Deal???

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I am in the medical field and deal with the vaccine daily. You are correct, it does not prevent you from getting or spreading the virus. There are a lot of people that are mislead at its purpose. 

As for your second part,"If" it was to prevent the virus which it does not. It still would not protect anyone in the NFL when the players are not required to get the vaccine. So in the end it does not matter if the coaches are vaccinated or not if the players are not. Me personally, Id worry more about the players getting then the coaches with all the off the field situations a lot of the players put themselves in with going out to clubs, parties etc. 

Please don’t bring real world facts into this. 

Archived