Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

i dont know wtf to make of the Watson allegations. it sure seems like it is probably a hit job by the owner...or at least a coordinated money grab. or he might be a huge scumbag.

i can certainly understand the interest - could be a buy low on a quality qb - but you better be damn sure the allegations are false...

15 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

i dont know wtf to make of the Watson allegations. it sure seems like it is probably a hit job by the owner...or at least a coordinated money grab. or he might be a huge scumbag.

i can certainly understand the interest - could be a buy low on a quality qb - but you better be damn sure the allegations are false...

I thought that at first but there are too many women out there.  Too many massages and then he admitted some involved consensual sex so that showed where it headed.  I suspect some of the many many women are doing a money grab but it only takes one who wasn't consensual to be a big problem and it seems like that is likely.

46 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I wish somebody would just sign Kapernick so we could just be done with this "why isn't he in the NFL" rhetoric.  

Tebow makes some sense for Urban Meyer.  Tebow played for Urban.  Likely Urban's offense hasn't changed all that much since when Tebow ran it at Florida.  If he's on the field, he's on the field as an assistant coach / player.  He can help Lawrence adjust, help him understand the offense.  

I really think that's all there is.  I imagine he'll be on the PS if he makes the team at all.  

I mean the Broncos tried too but asked him to take a pay cut (7 mil for the season) and he didn’t want too cause he thought he was better than the contract they were offering (he wasn’t cause he was basically benched for gabbert and his numbers were skewed cause he had a lot of stat padding when games got out of reach). Also the ravens were going to until his girlfriend posted a picture of the owner and Ray Lewis depicted as Samuel L Jackson and DiCaprio from django. 

i get Tebow is 33 and Meyers’ loves him like a son, but this is ridiculous because he’s not going to become a good tight end overnight and hasn’t played in years. However then i remember nfl teams sign udfas who played college basketball and most didn’t play football since high school and try to develop them into tight ends or another position. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Funny, we were not on his first list? how things change so quickly

To be honest the ONLY way I'd want Watson is if the Texans are giving a massive discount now. one first rounder tops. Might add a late round pick but I would not give up multiple first rounders at this point, even if he is cleared. 

Kaepernick doesn't actually want to play in the NFL, that's the difference. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kaepernick doesn't actually want to play in the NFL, that's the difference. 

I don’t blame him if i could make really good money and not take the punishment of playing every week. 

Who the hell has like 34 different masseuses, all over the country?

Nah man...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think there’s truth to both. Certainly doesn’t seem to be a black and white issue. There was one woman who was being interviewed a few weeks ago who seemed sincere. 

8 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Nah man...

you think athletes dont have tail in every town?

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Are we allowed to post schedule leaks and spoilers or do we have to wait for some ESPN talking head to announce it on TV?

Wait 2 minutes until after you see it on TV. There are people streaming it too, and their feed is behind. 

You know what, let’s just wait until Thursday to talk about it. Just in case. 

We all saw what happened after Carson’s play after he lost his virginity, so I’m not expecting much from Tebow.... :ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t blame him if i could make really good money and not take the punishment of playing every week. 

Kaepernick had his chance.  He could have signed with the Ravens, Seahawks and potentially the Broncos.  The NFL set up a workout JUST for him and what did he do?  Skipped the NFL workout to hold his own.  Nothing about what he has done has told me he's serious about wanting to be back in the NFL.  To your point, he can never play a down again and make MILLIONS via Nike, his book deals, speaking engagements, Ben & Jerry's and who knows how many other endorsement deals he's signed since this all began.

The real problem is that everything is now seen as black vs. white.  Rather than take 5 minutes to actually gather a thought, look in to a situation or find the real reason that something is being done it's easier to just scream racism/white supremacy/white privilege.  The checkmarks take it and run with it and now because Tim Tebow, at 33, has signed an NFL minimum contract to try to convert to a tight end, the NFL is now racist again and Kaepernick is the victim again.   It always leads back to that.  Kaepernick is the victim.  

If you read through the Kaepernick trends on twitter, there are relevant people with huge followings jumping right on board this too.  NFL players are having their say too.  It's a joke.  Every, single thing has to be tied back to racism in some way.  It's exhausting and I wonder how long this will go on.  

Good for Tim Tebow.  The guy saw an opportunity and will make the most of it.  He might get cut after camp and sign to the practice squad or maybe he's the #3 TE.  No one knows how the conversation went down and who reached out to who but Tim Tebow as far as I'm concerned has never done anything wrong and people HATE him.  People want to chastise him for being a bible thumping Christian who tries to share the message of God whenever he can.  To those saying that, watch an NFL game from last year and tell me if there was a message being shoved down our throats at any given moment.  We were told deal with it.  From the draft, to the helmets, sidelines, hats, commercials and of course the anthem protests we're told what to think and if we don't like it then tough crap.  

I find this whole situation just disheartening.  This divide in our nation is growing and growing and I don't see an end in sight. A guy named Tim Tebow signs a minimum contract to try and be a tight end and the NFL is once more racist.  Give me a break.

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Well that didn't take long.  Isn't this song and dance getting old? 

How much did Tebow sign for?  My suspicion is the vet minimum.  One thing that constantly gets overlooked with tweets like that is nothing ever suggested that Kaepernick would sign a prove it contract and accept being a back up.  It seems foolish to argue that Tebow got the job because he is white.   Now it might be that his Christian shtick as he played it was more palpable to a lot of fans than how Kaepernick drew attention to a worthy element.  The T shirt and socks, for example pushed some boundaries. After 2020 to argue that the kneeling alone was the issue is pushing the envelope.  First and foremost, Pasquale should realize the NFL is in the entertainment business.  Sure, the NFL, NBA and MLB embraced BLM as it became more excepted from businesses and one could argue that Kaepernick was ahead of his time in using his platform but every indication was he was seeking too much money for what he offered as a QB.  

37 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Nah man...

People that travel all over the country and play tough physical sports. When I used to run distance I had a masseuse that I went to before and after races. But I live in 1 spot. Pardon but you sound kinda old fashioned 

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

I think the Kaepernick window of opportunity has closed. He was exciting to watch in the SuperBowl a long time ago, but his stats say that he was not good. Teams now are looking to the future. Could he be a backup? Sure. 

For a contrast, look at Deshaun Watson. He’s in big trouble, yet to be resolved, and rumors fly of teams interested. Because he is good. Do I think the Eagles should trade for him? No, thank you. Too much bag PR baggage with these nasty allegations Are his stats good? Yes. See the difference. Good stats, league interest. Please don’t bring Watson to Philly. I don’t want him.

The Eagles will take chances on players if they feel it is worth it. See Mike Vick. 

• Like 2

So we are now ten days past the draft when the UDFAs were signed yet the Eagles on PE.com have yet to announce the signings.  I don’t remember them taking more than ten days in the past.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

So we are now ten days past the draft when the UDFAs were signed yet the Eagles on PE.com have yet to announce the signings.  I don’t remember them taking more than ten days in the past.

Rookie camp starts tomorrow or Friday right?   It definitely is taking longer than usual.

:offtopic:

So the wife and I got our second Pfizer shot yesterday.  Absolutely no side effects for me.  I was a little tired yesterday but I chalk that up to getting up at 6:30 when I normally sleep another hour or two.   The wife was hot and cold last night with a blasting headache.  Two weeks to maximum efficacy.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Rookie camp starts tomorrow or Friday right?   It definitely is taking longer than usual.

5/14.  I think some select veterans and rehabbing vets can attend.  With the non attendance likely for OTAs this month, it will be interesting to see who, if any, show up.  

27 minutes ago, greend said:

People that travel all over the country and play tough physical sports. When I used to run distance I had a masseuse that I went to before and after races. But I live in 1 spot. Pardon but you sound kinda old fashioned 

Even other NFL athletes have questioned why he would have so many, saying having 1-3 would be normal since you find ones you like and keep them.

A lot of top athletes have a personal masseuse and they travel with the athlete at times. 

This really isn't that complicated -- Kaepernick has 0.0% interest in being on an NFL roster. There are two primary reasons for this.

1. He gets more attention by being "blackballed" -- if Kaepernick were to sign somewhere as a backup QB for a reasonable contract (similar to Flacco), it would no doubt cost him money. Now he can parlay his victimhood into endorsement deals, speaking engagements and never ending attention. This is why he didn't jump at opportunities and actively sabotaged them (Broncos, Ravens, NFL workout). His Q score is much higher playing the victim.

2. Why take the risk of sucking -- it's not like he was playing well when the 49ers moved on from him. If he were to come back and be terrible (and years away will do that to even great players), the entire blackball narrative is destroyed. It vindicates all the teams that didn't sign him because there is now evidence that he isn't better than the guys they did sign. 

So he will never play in the NFL again because he doesn't want to. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Even other NFL athletes have questioned why he would have so many, saying having 1-3 would be normal since you find ones you like and keep them.

A lot of top athletes have a personal masseuse and they travel with the athlete at times. 

Well even if he was shagging them, do you think he forced himself on them? And why didn't they get the police involved? I mean is it not a possible answer why so many all over the country?

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

This really isn't that complicated -- Kaepernick has 0.0% interest in being on an NFL roster. There are two primary reasons for this.

1. He gets more attention by being "blackballed" -- if Kaepernick were to sign somewhere as a backup QB for a reasonable contract (similar to Flacco), it would no doubt cost him money. Now he can parlay his victimhood into endorsement deals, speaking engagements and never ending attention. This is why he didn't jump at opportunities and actively sabotaged them (Broncos, Ravens, NFL workout). His Q score is much higher playing the victim.

2. Why take the risk of sucking -- it's not like he was playing well when the 49ers moved on from him. If he were to come back and be terrible (and years away will do that to even great players), the entire blackball narrative is destroyed. It vindicates all the teams that didn't sign him because there is now evidence that he isn't better than the guys they did sign. 

So he will never play in the NFL again because he doesn't want to. 

lets recall he couldnt beat out Blaine Gabbert in a zone read offense...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blindside said:

You just don’t know how to evaluate WRs. Stats aren’t everything. Aren’t you the one whining about statistically the best college WR of all time that we just drafted? Talk about agenda. And hypocrisy. For every blind homer there is a blind whiner. You’re one of the biggest. 

if you can watch tape of Agholor and Reagor in college and come away more impressed by Agholor’s skill set, idk what to tell you. But keep using stats in ways that are convenient to whatever current whining you’re doing. 

No ish stats aren't everything but they can certainly disprove moronic hot takes like the one you are trying to propagate.   You can't look at those two guys and say that Reagor showed "way more in college".  At some point the production has to mean something.  How did he show "way more"?  I whine about ignorant posters like yourself coming in here and spewing whatever BS to fit your fanboy agenda.  Other than you and his parents I guarantee you NO ONE thought Jalen Reagor showed "WAY MORE IN COLLEGE" than Agholor.  That's is just ignorant.  

I say Smith doesn't translate to the NFL as well as his season last year in college could suggest.  I guess you aren't smart enough to know the difference.  

Let me guess, you loved Jordan Matthews and JJAW and Pumphrey as well...didn't ya?

Blind Whiner.........LOL!!.  I call it like it is and I have been right a hell of a lot more times than not with my criticisms and predictions and I know others would agree.  Just little fellas like yourself can't handle the truth.  Reagor was a reach and a BAD pick.  He was not a good player last year and his lack of maturity has hurt him.  But you're a fan of his.....we know.  LOL.